BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

12 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

I wasn't saying Johnson was the answer to counter attacking. I said he would be Mowbrays safe bet in terms of holding. The attacking threat is what I meant was set for counter attacking in that its pace rather than a gangly Gallagher for example.

Anyone that watches Blackburns games will know Johnson is not the key to a counter attacking system but he is liked by Mowbray when needing to firm up the middle of the park, especially away from home.

I think Buckley, on the other hand, has been a fairly important part of our counter attacking. Dropping him for a defensive minded replacement reduces our ability to counter attack, meaning we risk just sitting back, with little ability to retaliate, potentially until our walls crack. If Dolan is fit enough for 90, he could be the most sensible replacement. Tbh I expect Buckley will start though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devon Rover said:
Thanks very much, Sky and/or EFL, for giving me a huge, and quite perilous, Valentines Day dilemma: Whether to go with the previously-agreed plan of cooking a romantic dinner for my, currently injured, wife and watching a 'nice film' together, or to order a takeaway and watch the match in standard 'Rovers Losing on TV' sullen silence. Definitely a difficult decision to make, here...

Chinese or Indian?

For me the balance is no problem  - IF Rovers win. If we get three points I’m happy, charming, loveable, fun to be around and generally a pretty good husband and Dad. Thus, the Mrs doesn’t mind me watching the football under those circumstances.

However, loses lately see me irritable, short tempered, intensely annoyed at everyone who tries to speak to me and feeling like I’m an angry and desolate teenager, reliving those three heartbreaking play off loses of the late 1980s. It’s the hope that kills you! I’d adjusted to being shit for like the past ten years, but now I’m dreaming of Wembley in May and watching Rovers on MOTD again. 

It’s not conducive to harmonious family life tbh. For God sake Rovers (if any of the team are reading) - either be shit or be good - one or the other - give us time to adjust. You can’t be really shit, then absolutely amazing, then really shit again - it’s killing me and making me not the well rounded individual I was hoping I’d matured into.

Thank you.

• Like 8

I never subscribed to Rovers TV, mainly due to the high number of complaints relating to quality & accessibility I see here.

I decided to go for it…todays game is on ESPN+. My son (a Liverpool fan, not Rovers), encouraged me to get it, due to high number of Championship games on +. It’s relatively cheap $6.99/Mo), & probably my best option here in Texas. 

COYB!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

For me the balance is no problem  - IF Rovers win. If we get three points I’m happy, charming, loveable, fun to be around and generally a pretty good husband and Dad. Thus, the Mrs doesn’t mind me watching the football under those circumstances.

However, loses lately see me irritable, short tempered, intensely annoyed at everyone who tries to speak to me and feeling like I’m an angry and desolate teenager, reliving those three heartbreaking play off loses of the late 1980s. It’s the hope that kills you! I’d adjusted to being shit for like the past ten years, but now I’m dreaming of Wembley in May and watching Rovers on MOTD again. 

It’s not conducive to harmonious family life tbh. For God sake Rovers (if any of the team are reading) - either be shit or be good - one or the other - give us time to adjust. You can’t be really shit, then absolutely amazing, then really shit again - it’s killing me and making me not the well rounded individual I was hoping I’d matured into.

Thank you.

Love this. Good to see I'm not alone!! Come on lads, let's make it a bloody good night all round, and turn this form on its head. 

• Like 1

I really think Buckley will be unlucky to miss out. 

Khadra was no better against Forest, and neither was BBD.

Buckley played his usual neat and tidy game, pressing and passing well. 

This is the 1st opportunity for us to play the full team from the winning run (with the obv exception of Ayala for Darra), although I presume Pickering will be on the Bench. 

We have been totally inept in the final 3rd since new year, but I think the boys that got us where we are deserve to play tonight, and against Millwall. If we still haven't turned the corner by then, it's anyone's guess...

COYB!!!!!

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

West Brom are odds on for this, any away win in this league is massive, but this feels like a huge one to put a big gap between ourselves and a playoff rival. 

Hopefully we get back to sticking the ball in the net tonight, as 2 goals in the last 7 league games is nowhere near good enough

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looked on their forum, they are very confident of a win 

I must have looked at a different forum/chat, as they were all pretty down beat and expecting nothing! (westbrom.com/forum)

38 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I really think Buckley will be unlucky to miss out. 

Khadra was no better against Forest, and neither was BBD.

Buckley played his usual neat and tidy game, pressing and passing well. 

This is the 1st opportunity for us to play the full team from the winning run (with the obv exception of Ayala for Darra), although I presume Pickering will be on the Bench. 

We have been totally inept in the final 3rd since new year, but I think the boys that got us where we are deserve to play tonight, and against Millwall. If we still haven't turned the corner by then, it's anyone's guess...

COYB!!!!!

Good post but Buckley wouldn’t be unlucky to be dropped. Been shite for 4 weeks now and cost us (in my opinion) 4 points with his misses in the last 2.

I think for the moment we need to forget about the top 2. Let’s just game by game focus on our job and cement ourselves in the playoffs. A win today would be massive in doing - providing some security despite the amount of games in hand around us. 

Two difficult decisions for TM regarding line up tonight - LB and Cam/false9. If Pickering is 100% fit then he gets the nod for me though I wouldn’t have any issues with Giles - I just feel he would be a better player to bring on from the bench. I would drop Buckley tonight. He hasn’t been at it recently and has cost us with his finishing over the last few weeks - I am a massive fan of his but he needs a break. Dolan is built for the false 9, eager to prove a point and get back in the starting 11 and looked lively from the bench against forest. For me he gets the nod. Back 3 picks itself.

kamisnki 

nymabe Van Hecke ayala Wharton Pickering

travis Rothwell 

khadra dolan Diaz 

Also I wanted to mention how impressed I have been with trav recently - he is so clearly up for the fight and i feel has carried us in the middle the last few games. More of the same please Lewis!

I remember looking at West Brom bench at Ewood, the cost of those players alone was more than our entire squad put together, which puts things into perspective really.

Tough game this one, I'd be delighted with a point, I thought they looked a really good side at Ewood, strong and physical, moved the ball quickly, we'll have our work cut out tonight, fingers crossed.

1-1

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Good post but Buckley wouldn’t be unlucky to be dropped. Been shite for 4 weeks now and cost us (in my opinion) 4 points with his misses in the last 2.

I get that, but I still think the Swansea chance was a half-chance, due to the speed and angle the ball came to him. The Forest chance was disappointing because he misses most of those one-on-one chances, and it would have meant we scored 1st, and scored whilst we were on top. Both vital. 

However, we have seen our total lack of creativity when he doesnt play, or plays in a deeper position.  Until Dack is Back, Buckley is irreplaceable. I know this is controversial, but I said the same when Nyambe was out (and still do...). 

I really don't think Buckley's all round game has been as poor as many are saying, although he has dropped a level, along with all the midfield/forward players.

Our other forwards MUST create and take more chances, and Buckley will support this. Rothwell has got to be forced to burst and roam forward more, we don't need him in front of the back 3. This will take some pressure off JB. 

Nervous now. COYB!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I'm afraid my glass is half empty and the death spiral will continue.

The team picks itself but TM will roll the dice again tonight 😟

This is the worry isn’t it. Fully expecting to see 5 changes tonight. 

Stats would be interesting on this and i know there's plenty times in past seasons where an unchanged or minimally changed side has gone on winning/unbeaten runs.

I'd like to see how many times a team with 4 or 5 unforced changes has had the desired effect in comparison.

• Like 1

Given the circumstances of us playing away against a team that are likely to be on the attack I’d persist with the 3 centre halves system for another game at least. Especially with Carroll playing. We should be able to play our normal game tonight.

I’d play

Kaminski

Van Hecke, Ayala, Wharton

Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell, Giles

Buckley

Dolan, Brererton.

7 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Would like to see Dolan start, probably for Khadra,  just seemed to have something in his 👀 when he came on last game.

Sets the std from the front.

I'm not sure STDs will be of any help in our promotion campaign, whether at the front or back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

He has been poor.

Think the lad has lost a bit of fizz and also struggles a bit stamina wise.