BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

Really torn on predicting what’ll happen here. I’ll go either:

1-0 WBA / Carroll to score after bullying our defence all match. Bruce’s first home game, WBA on terrible form = Rovers the gift that keeps on giving.

3-0 Rovers. We’ll turn it on again at some point and if we are to win I don’t think it’ll just be a 1-0 or 2-1. Get the lead against them, their fans could turn a bit and they could well crumble.

COYB, we have to get back on track.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

There's a lot at stake, a bit of arguing and tempers is healthy tbh. You wouldn't want the players to  be passive.

If Pickering is back it does raise the possibility of switching to 442

Kaminski

Nyambe.    Ayala.    Wharton.   Pickering

Dolan.     Travis.     Rothwell    Giles

Gallagher.      Brereton 

No one really plays 442 anymore but I think it could suit us. Would get Brereton and Gallagher closer together and allow us to try and get the ball into the box earlier.

We need to try something different to break the cycle.

‘It was a case of practically picking the same team for those games, winning the majority of them. The team started breaking up a little bit and the results swung a little bit.‘

That’s right, they have, and he has actually realised it himself, shows that with an actual prize at stake instead of bumbling around in mid table the constant experimentation gets put on the back burner - so no going back to bad habits and tinkering for tinkering’s sake (I.e Zeefuik for RN), please.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

with lenihan suspended,im`e expectng mowbray to back to four at the back,despite ayala being an able replacement and better footballer,he`ll come up with some half baked new formation and the players will look like they`ve only just met each other,it would be of no great surprise for diaz to be back on the right and gally be on the left with  buckley or khadra as "false nine" you just know it`s coming😥,tony just can`t help himself,i hope im`e wrong but after 5 seasons of tony i can read him like a book,id`e ****** love to play cards with him,id`e make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with lenihan suspended,im`e expectng mowbray to back to four at the back,despite ayala being an able replacement and better footballer,he`ll come up with some half baked new formation and the players will look like they`ve only just met each other,it would be of no great surprise for diaz to be back on the right and gally be on the left with  buckley or khadra as "false nine" you just know it`s coming😥,tony just can`t help himself,i hope im`e wrong but after 5 seasons of tony i can read him like a book,id`e ****** love to play cards with him,id`e make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I fear you’re right. Currently it’s just a dip in form rather than a full blown death spiral but to date Mowbray has never been able to prevent a dip of form from turning into a proper death spiral. He often exacerbates it by going full on Tony tombola.

He needs to resist every one of his natural instincts. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2022 at 12:37, booth said:

We may not have changed formation but I'm not sure if Mowbray has already tried to change the way we play over the last few games. Possession stats would suggest we have gone back a season.

I think it is the opposition scoring first - and then sitting back - rather us changing our approach. 

First goal will never be more crucial than tomorrow.

WBA net first and we could be on the end of a thumping.

Rovers score first and WBA might just implode - think Bruce is generally loathed there.

Keeping my powder dry - will call it when I see how Rovers line up.

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski

Van hecke   Ayala   Wharton

Nyambe     Travis   Rothwell     Pickering(if fit)

Khadra     Dolan     Brereton

Only Rothwell offers any attacking threat from that midfield. Buckley will be missed. Goal threat from midfield is virtually nil

Nyambe should play but is a poor crosser of a ball so to score goals, that team is basically depending on Khardra and Pickering to bang in crosses from the left for Brereton or set pieces for Ayala

It's a very limited team and shows how wrong the club was not to splash the cash in January

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Rovers score first and WBA might just implode - think Bruce is generally loathed there.

Not the impression I’ve got reading around forums since the appointment, they aren’t exactly jumping for joy, but they know he’s a canny operator at this level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

'personal issues, family issues' - classic Mowbray.

When it's best to say absolutely nothing he just cannot help himself, runs his mouth and creates confusion and conjecture.

Bellend.

Correct.

If they are issues that won't be aired then they shouldn't be mentioned sat all unless someone is dropping it in there to cover their own arse !

Crafty very crafty yet again.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ElTwis said:

I'm a little worried about Tony's comments around "some personal issues that won't be aired". Not sure exactly what he means but I hope it doesn't allude to arguing amongst themselves

So who doesn't start - Nyambe, Rothwell or both?!

The mind boggles as to what is going on.

Edited by Mercer

6 hours ago, ElTwis said:

I'm a little worried about Tony's comments around "some personal issues that won't be aired". Not sure exactly what he means but I hope it doesn't allude to arguing amongst themselves

If the senior members of the squad aren’t pissed off with Rothwell I’d be disappointed. Let’s hope they’ve had it out, aired the differences and we move on.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

personal issues most likely come from the players spitting venom towards mowbray because we`ve dropped points from missing easy chances due to our dickhead manager not playing a centre forward in his right place

You know this how?

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

First goal will never be more crucial than tomorrow.

WBA net first and we could be on the end of a thumping.

Keeping my powder dry - will call it when I see how Rovers line up.

Mercer has learned his lesson, but will Tony?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just summising,a group of young players who can sense a crack at the big time not being to happy at a manager who starts ******  around with a system that works because of a few injuries and his own  misguided opinion of his own tactical prowess

Utter garbage.

Are we 3rd top or 3rd from bottom? 

I’ve never seen a set of players in Blue n White put in a shift like they did after the sending off against Forest for decades, blows you’re theory out if the water. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Utter garbage.

Are we 3rd top or 3rd from bottom? 

I’ve never seen a set of players in Blue n White put in a shift like they did after the sending off against Forest for decades, blows you’re theory out if the water. 

yes,they put a massive shift in but did`nt  get anything from the game because the manager is obsessed with playing like man city.i.e no centre forward( the early buckley chance would have made a massive difference imo and it`s in the back of the net if a striker is on the end of it ) guaranteed to get tensions in the dressing room going,the lads can see their chances of promotion slipping away because of our manager