BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

sorry to be blunt,but that is an absolute abomination of a forward line,it shows the folly of not bringing in a proper centre forward,we can only hope rothwell is motivated because thats the only goal threat we have in that formation,on the other hand our defence is rock solid so i can`t see us conceding either,i would`nt complain if we got a point

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Brererton on bench

Screenshot_2022-02-05-16-31-24-40_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Not a striker in that front 3. Hedges has the closest claim. Could be a tough day to score again. Buckley doesn't really have a goal in him (4 career goals), Giles has 6 career goals...think we are reliant on Hedges today (and the bench of course, with BBD and Khadra), hope he's a good un. It does sound like he has been training well. Of course, if we do keep another clean sheet then yes, anybody popping up with 1 will do the job.

Edited by bluebruce

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Not a striker in that front 3. Hedges has the closest claim. Could be a tough day to score again. Buckley doesn't really have a goal in him (4 career goals), Giles has 6 career goals...think we are reliant on Hedges today, hope he's a good un. Of course, if we do keep another clean sheet then yes, anybody popping up with 1 will do the job.

We have Brererton and Khedra on the bench so once we keep things tight ourselves then they can be called upon if need be.

In a couple of weeks when a couple are back both our first 11 and bench will be looking quite strong.

3 points be massive tonight, keep some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack.Come on lads

Another issue with that front three is two of them are having their debuts, so haven't established much understanding with each other or the rest of the team yet.

However I do support keeping Khadra and BBD on the bench to limit the risk of injury. BBD probably tired too after his excursion, so best coming on against tired legs. Hopefully with the game still in the balance (or better yet, in our favour).

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have Brererton and Khedra on the bench so once we keep things tight ourselves then they can be called upon if need be.

In a couple of weeks when a couple are back both our first 11 and bench will be looking quite strong.

3 points be massive tonight, keep some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack.Come on lads

Yeh I edited the post to reflect that before yours popped up, so I do agree there. Also agree the team is about to look stronger, though it's a shame we don't have them fully fit for this one because it's probably our easiest game for a bit.

• Like 1

Fecking nightmare....taken the trouble to drive to Swansea but been stuck on the M4 in traffic for 2 hours due to an accident at junction 28.....Unlikely to make the game!!

We were in Beverley prior to Hull being called off too.

Suffice it to say we're all fucked off!

4 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Disappointing lineup. If you’re fit enough for the bench then you’re fit enough to start. This has all the hallmarks of a quadruple change from the tinker man on 60 minutes when we’re 1 down. 

I've never understood this line of reasoning. If you're fit to play 20 minutes, you're fit to play 90? Nah.

• Like 3