BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Fecking nightmare....taken the trouble to drive to Swansea but been stuck on the M4 in traffic for 2 hours due to an accident at junction 28.....Unlikely to make the game!!

We were in Beverley prior to Hull being called off too.

Suffice it to say we're all fucked off!

Sorry to hear it Darren. Are you just due to miss the start or the whole thing?

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Fecking nightmare....taken the trouble to drive to Swansea but been stuck on the M4 in traffic for 2 hours due to an accident at junction 28.....Unlikely to make the game!!

Where have you set off from? If you’re on the M4 from Blackburn you’ve gone very wrong!

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Pull off and get into a pub to watch it. No consolation, but better than missing it totally.

• Backroom

Not going to argue with the lineup.

Despite being low in the table and on bad form, I'm fully expecting Swansea to come at us hard, and we'll be on the backfoot. Particularly as we don't play with the ball now anyway. 

Let their possession tactic run out of steam, and then we've got good options from the bench to steal it.

Not a bad plan for this fixture. 

Obviously, just ends up looking stupid if we're 2-0 down after 25 mins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

Pull off and get into a pub to watch it. No consolation, but better than missing it totally.

Yep - if you’re not past Cardiff when you’re reading this you’ve no chance. 

Notwithstanding our superb defence, we have been poor on the ball and created very little for several games now. 

Today needs to be the day when we put the recent form to bed. I wouldn't expect us to concede today and expect it to stay goalless until deep into the game.

Just hope Mowbray gives Brereton and khadra a decent run out rather than the last twenty minutes if we are needing a goal.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Let's hope the curse of Mercer doesn't strike and we can get 3 points. I can't see where a goal is going to come from but glad to see Brereton and Khadra on the bench.

Wait has he backed Swans?

3 minutes ago, deanives said:

How do you know how Giles and hedges is going to turn out? 

I don't and my comment was not a criticism of either player. Ideally Giles would be at wing back where he was so effective for Cardiff though, he is more of a creator than a goalscorer. I feel like we really will miss Brereton's goal threat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wait has he backed Swans?

On 01/02/2022 at 23:35, Mercer said:

Swansea have 5 points from their last 5 games and have lost the last 2.

Absolutely nothing to fear and a nailed on Rovers' win for me

Unbelievably, you can get 2/1 for a Rovers' win.  This is superb value all things considered.  Just fill your boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Err no. The quickest way to Swansea would normally be on the M4 from Newport after the M50, except today obviously.

You’re absolutely right, there is! I never knew that. I’ve only ever done Swansea via Chester, Shrewsbury. Looking at the map the M6, M5, M4 route is a horror, well done anyone that’s done that journey. It’s obstacle after obstacle… Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff..!