BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Forrest didn't negotiate a 90% sell on clause or something ridiculous did they? Do we get to keep the full amount?

If the ambition for PL is serious you'd hope the vast majority is reinvested in transfers this time. 

I'm still not convinced he won't turn back into Brereton. I know he had a bit of a stuttering second half to the season with injuries and international duty but he scored 2 goals since he scored his 20th. I'd personally snap the hand of anyone offering over 15m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hedges, the lad from Spurs and Brown.

3 hours ago, alex l said:

Plus wage increases to those who renewed - TK, Trav, Gally....

The wages these people will be on will be much less than those who have departed. Brown coming in from Ireland will be on very low costs, likewise Hedges coming down from Aberdeen.

TK and Trav deserved pay rises and new deals but I expect both are on considerably less even now than we were paying out on people like Holtby and Mulgrew not long ago.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I don't rate Dolan that much, although his workrate should go a long way in JDT's set up, if we are looking at a high press.

He's done well at times but I find it hard to believe that Forest have a genuine interest in him.

He's technically an England U21 International, so I'd want more than £3m for him.

That said his end product is lacking at the moment, so I can see why some aren't fans.

I often need to remind myself how young Dolan still is. He'll probably have racked up around 100 first team appearances around the time of his 21st birthday.

I worry long term about how difficult he'll find it to overcome his lack of size, but he still has big potential. I'd be much happier if this story is his agent after a new contract rather than us selling him for £2-3 million. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do we not need a left side winger/midfielder this summer if Brereton is going? 

Will markanday not have a start there?

Like I say Cantwell is decent but we can't go spending most our budget on him.

Norwich wanted 11 Million to sell him permanently to Bournemouth.Even if they were to sell him for 5 or 6 that's likely to be our whole budget.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Will markanday not have a start there?

Like I say Cantwell is decent but we can't go spending most our budget on him.

Norwich wanted 11 Million to sell him permanently to Bournemouth.Even if they were to sell him for 5 or 6 that's likely to be our whole budget.

Maybe but I was thinking the right side. 

Depends what Cantwell wants to do and I can see Rovers doing a deal to get him here

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I often need to remind myself how young Dolan still is. He'll probably have racked up around 100 first team appearances around the time of his 21st birthday.

I worry long term about how difficult he'll find it to overcome his lack of size, but he still has big potential. I'd be much happier if this story is his agent after a new contract rather than us selling him for £2-3 million. 

I don't think it's something to overcome. It's an asset, just like it was for Dickov (whom I envision Dolan emulating).

Fast, less of him for the 6ft+ defenders to grab, and easy to draw fouls when they do eventually send him flying.

If we can add a nasty streak to his chasing, he's Dickov.

If we can add goals, he's Jermaine Defoe.

• Like 6

Yeah I've always liked Dolan. Whether he's playing good or bad, he's a grafter.  Mowbray went off him after his injury but he was still one of our best attacking threats. I'd say he was as good as khadra, the difference being he is ours and has a couple of years left on his deal. No way we should sell unless it's stupid money.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I don't think it's something to overcome. It's an asset, just like it was for Dickov (whom I envision Dolan emulating).

Fast, less of him for the 6ft+ defenders to grab, and easy to draw fouls when they do eventually send him flying.

If we can add a nasty streak to his chasing, he's Dickov.

If we can add goals, he's Jermaine Defoe.

I half agree - a low centre of gravity is useful to be sure. At the moment though, his lack of size is a definite weakness in my view. He loses the ball far too easily and his size (alongside being not particularly quick after the first 10 yards or so) is the main reason for that.

Dickov's a good example of a small player who ended up thriving after making the most of their stature - I'd back Dolan to be another at some point in the future, but it's the main thing that he needs to work on if he is ever to get near his potential. 

• Like 1

Keep Dolan for sure. He was signed two years ago for the U23s and is now a regular in the first team and will be playing for a manager who wants to play high intensity attacking football, he'll thrive in that. Potential is there, now let's get him settled under (hopefully) a manger that will play logical formations. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

IMO Cantwell doesn't come, which depending on your viewpoint is disappointing or dodging a bullet.

For me, after all these meh transfer windows, I'm just happy we are reportedly fishing in the right pond at last.

I'm warming to GB.

My son-in-law is a Canarys supporter. He really rates Cantwell from when he was playing for them. He fell out with the then manager and stopped trying so they off-loaded him to Bournemouth where he continued to do nothing.

So there  is an obvious risk but there is also a very capable player in there who could be rehabilitated in the same way that Bentley was. Presumably that's why we want him him loan at least initially. Worth a shot I think.

He was valued at £11M at one time so we have to be careful here. No point getting him to the point where the fee is beyond us! Guess Broughton is instrumental in all this.

• Like 1