BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

Imagine Mowbray having Rudy Gestede playing out wide (In Tonys words the modern day striker needs to be versatile and be able to play out wide) and the Craig Conway Wide Right instead of wide left!

Its unthinkable but thats where he has been playing Giles and Gallagher (confidence has been shot in previous games). Regarding Gallagher still think another manager/coach gets more out of him. 

Footballers play with instinct. Its difficult to use instinct when playing in unfamiliar positions.

Edited by tugayislegend
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

If we finish in the top six this season it’s because of the likes of Lenihan, Dack, Travis and Johnson rather than JRC, Khadra, Rothwell and Dolan. 

Well no, it will be because of all of them. And Brereton, Kaminski, etc.

Lord knows why you would credit Dack, who has only just come back and missed a penalty plus a sitter last game, or Johnson, who just isn't very good, before you'll credit Dolan, Khadra or Rothwell.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lord knows why you would credit Dack, who has only just come back and missed a penalty plus a sitter last game, or Johnson, who just isn't very good, before you'll credit Dolan, Khadra or Rothwell.

Because my list has the leaders who are willing to rock the boat in order to get the performances needed!

• Like 2

One incident summed up Mowbrays nonsensical first half tactics. For forty five minutes there was no press at all, the Derby keeper and central defenders had plenty of the ball, lots of touches and time to pick a pass. Within minutes of the second half starting Gallagher steamed at their keeper, frightened him to death and won a corner. That gave everyone a lift, the crowd became vociferous and gave the players a sense of purpose. I honestly believe that was the catalyst for us going on to win.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Khadra’s not doing himself any favours at the moment. He’s really lacking in football intelligence. I remember when Matty was here at first, he was another one who held onto the ball too long at times. 6 months with Souey and the penny had dropped and he was on the way to becoming the brilliant all around striker he later turned into.

Ton Finney told a story about when he was a young player. He was always trying to beat the extra man and losing the ball. One of the trainers got another player to stand 30 yards away and said to Tom “ You reckon you can beat me in getting the ball over to Jimmy over there, shall we have a small wager  ? “ Tom said “ Yes I’m on , I’m pretty sure I can “ . So the trainer said “ On the count of three, one -two-three- go “. Before Tom had gone 4 yards dribbling the ball the trainer had just passed the ball to the other player and said “ I win “.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wharton's comments post match after he recieved his man of the match award

He said first half we were simply rubbish. We were lethargic, no energy or pace or passion. 
Some serious words were exchanged between the players and from the manager. They know they are much better than that first 45 mins.
Thankfully they came out and proved it in the second half.

Deja Vu…

864D3FD7-B475-4E60-A36B-3EB4E0A06E35.thumb.jpeg.8aebadab34223f2ee207cf525cf47f96.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

6 months with Souey and the penny had dropped and he was on the way to becoming the brilliant all around striker he later turned into.

If we could swap Mowbray for Souness, right now, even without Souness managing for 15years, we would 100% be playing PL football next season. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Deja Vu…

864D3FD7-B475-4E60-A36B-3EB4E0A06E35.thumb.jpeg.8aebadab34223f2ee207cf525cf47f96.jpeg

That's the post online I quote from but I wasn’t going the entire post or his name. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, terrific cross. You can’t really coach that into players. It’s knowing just where to put that ball.

No you can't. 

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Yep that's such a strange interview and he seems like his mind is elsewhere and he's worried about something, not nice to see whatever your opinion of Mowbray. It's hard to believe that's just the result of a few boos and Tony sort it outs before half time.

I would be surprised if there was not some open dissent against Mowbray, in the changing room, from a player or two, given the first half display and tactics. And not just some of the youngsters, but some of the dominant voices who have been Mowbray favourites.

This game, though a win, seems like another flux moment, comparable to the Fulham thrashing defeat. Once again, there is uncertainty about the future formation and line-up. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like anybody you have to play to his strengths to get the best out of him. As far as I can see his strength is running on to passes delivered into space. Playing the ball up to his feet is a waste of time.

Another strength is to run himself into the ground and never give up, and not to feel sorry for himself even though he's playing in a position he can't cope with.

He was never worth the £5M we paid for him but Mowbray has largely negated what value he came with. He has, after all played more Premier League games for Southampton than Armstrong who went for £20M!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I would be surprised if there was not some open dissent against Mowbray, in the changing room, from a player or two, given the first half display and tactics. And not just some of the youngsters, but some of the dominant voices who have been Mowbray favourites.

This game, though a win, seems like another flux moment, comparable to the Fulham thrashing defeat. Once again, there is uncertainty about the future formation and line-up. 

I would stick with 3 at the back, but adapt it to be more attacking. 

Giles should come in at LWB, Gally down the middle with Dolan and Khadra on either side. Eventually we’ll see Dack and Diaz come in for Dolan and Gally. I would also be tempted to give Buckley a run at RWB until nymabe is back. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I would stick with 3 at the back, but adapt it to be more attacking. 

Giles should come in at LWB, Gally down the middle with Dolan and Khadra on either side. Eventually we’ll see Dack and Diaz come in for Dolan and Gally. I would also be tempted to give Buckley a run at RWB until nymabe is back. 

I’m running out of patience with Khadra, what did we bust a gut in signing Hedges for ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Deja Vu…

What a drama queen! 

We were so poor in the first half it had to be seen to be believed.

I could fully understand the booing, and think it was just an understandable airing of discontent and for Mowbray’s ears, rather than being aimed at individual players.

Personally, I just couldn’t help but laugh. It was either that or cry.

Watching the video of the post match press conference, rather like towards the end of last season, Mowbray presented himself as someone wishing to be put out of their misery. 

• Like 2