BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s back for tomorrow according to Mowbray.

A couple of big decisions for Mowbray then. Do we keep to the back four that worked well in the second half midweek ? Who of the three centre halves gets to sit on the bench if we do play 4 at the back ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Anyone can beat anyone in this league remember...

My guess is that there will be a cull of players who clearly went against orders for the 2nd half on Tuesday night, so that Tinkerman Tony can have a nice easy day at the bookies in Berkshire. Going for an appalling performance resulting in a 2 or 3-0 reverse and a return to the Ides of March crowding around TM and his bunch of dysfunctional gurning sycophants.

I don't think defense was a problem the other night even in the first half. Issue was up top and Derby easily picking the ball up from our awful attempts at attack then playing it out.

Their goal should have been cleared but it resulted from a hash of a header from the blowing out his arse Johnson.

Lets be stodgy again and hit them on the break, going there looking to dominate possession we'll lose. He has to get the blend right at the front but i'd just expect more mix and match praying something works.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, booth said:

I think for the second time in BRFCS history I agree with you Chaddy.

Well lets hope we can agree for a third time before end of the season

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Nyambe was fit he’d be my right back in a back four.

I wouldn't pick him in my starting 11. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

My guess is that there will be a cull of players who clearly went against orders for the 2nd half on Tuesday night, so that Tinkerman Tony can have a nice easy day at the bookies in Berkshire. Going for an appalling performance resulting in a 2 or 3-0 reverse and a return to the Ides of March crowding around TM and his bunch of dysfunctional gurning sycophants.

Crikey.

6 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

That's astonishingly poor as a simple guess! If you really believe that a club manager would punish players for going out and winning a game in front of their own fans your as deluded as Owen Coyle ever was😀

• Like 2

Banana skin fixture, games running out, nothing less than three points here will do for us. 

A win and the season is rolling again, with players to return after the internationals.

A defeat, then I think we have an up-hill battle to make the play offs.

Tactically i cant see us changing from three centre backs.

I suspect Dolan, Gallagher and Giles will start. With Khadra, Johnson and Pickering dropping out

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

That's astonishingly poor as a simple guess! If you really believe that a club manager would punish players for going out and winning a game in front of their own fans your as deluded as Owen Coyle ever was😀

Haha, yes, I do hope I am not quite as bad as that - I'm just going off the evidence of my own eyes, and my belief that it isn't what people say, but what they actually do, that counts in trying to understand what they really think. Johnson as a false 9 was an incredibly (astonishingly!) poor selection. However, it was 'behaviour' and therefore evidence of what was (is) on the manager's mind. 

We shall see, come 2pm (team sheet), 3pm (Kick Off) and 4.50pm (Fat Lady Sings - perhaps on our season!).

I agree 3-0 was a bit pessimistic though. I'm just sooo confused and conflicted by Tinkerman, and well used now to the crushing realities of roller-coaster Rovers. Gaaaaaahhhh! 2-1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So it's a match day and I can't get through to Ewood ticket office on the phone, or anyone at Ewood at all. Is there another number besides 01254 37200? 

I don't think it opens until 10am @jim mk2

Mate of mine drove over a few weeks ago and was sat outside for an hour thinking it opened at 9am.

Edited by Gav

Kaminski 

Lenihan - van Hecke - Wharton

Nyambe - Travis - Rothwell - Pickering

Dolan - Gallagher - Khadra

The back three are more comfortable travelling with the ball when they have sufficient cover. In a 4-4-2 they will have to sit back more, and we took a gamble against Derby that left openings they were unable to exploit. I wouldn't change so much the formation to start the game with as we can easily adjust it, but I would definitely start Gallagher down the middle and instruct him to hold the ball up instead of trying to turn each and every time. Dolan scored so should start, while Khadra can either run his socks off for an hour before being replaced by Giles, or we try the Giles to Gallagher formula that finally gave us a goal from open play again.

On set pieces we're more dangerous with all three centre backs on the field. 

I like the look of this team (4-4-2), as Dack has great link-up play and it would give us three or four players in the attacking box instead of one or perhaps two. More options now, so that's good. Not that I think this is our starting eleven.

Kaminski

Nyambe - Lenihan - van Hecke - Pickering

Khadra - Travis - Rothwell - Giles

Gallagher - Dack

Edited by Torgeir

Might be a bit late to post this but just saw it on the club site:

Rovers supporters should be advised that the A34 southbound is going to be closed today between the Peartree interchange to Hinksey Hill interchange.

This is set to cause issues for the majority of Rovers supporters going to Reading as directions advise leaving the M40 at Junction nine to take the A34 towards Oxford and Newbury.

We advise fans to find alternative routes and to leave with plenty of time in a bid to avoid queues.

Kick-off at the Select Car Leasing Stadium is at 3pm.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/march/19/travel-information-for-fans-travelling-to-reading/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Try 08712221444

Thanks, finally got through. TO opens at 10am but a message on the switchboard number to that effect would have been helpful. It's small details like that which make a difference

For anyone thinking of making a late dash down there and paying on the gate, both Rovers and Reading say we have space available

As above though, the A34 is shut so it's best to go all the way down the M40 to the M4

Just now, Miker said:

If we can’t get 3 points against an out of form side managed by Ince then we don’t deserve to be promoted.

Same could be said of the Bristol City match and many others

Reading drew at Bournemouth last week and are fighting for their lives at the bottom. Oh, and we're the out of form team. 

I don't get why supporters think these sort of matches are "easy"

• Like 3