BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Gareth Ainsworth on his ambition to join Reading?...

“Yeah of course, it’s a huge club," he said. "I was lucky enough to play at Elm Park, it’s a historic big, big club".

"It was a giant that was awakened once and to get back there for Reading is what they need"

Is yon man taking the piss!🤡

Blackburn lad talks up third division Reading. He’s either desperate or dense

Pass. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've posted I was told about the interviews and my source was very confident Carvalhal was going to be there today.  Difficult to be much more specific than that. 

Sorry @Mercer this wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular. I actually enjoy the speculation its just a little reminder that we should all take hearsay with a pinch-of-salt and in reality we all know absolutely zero about what's occurin'.

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Blackburn lad talks up third division Reading. He’s either desperate or dense

Pass. 

You won’t be saying that next May when he’s strutting round the pitch enjoying the adulation ,in jeans & a shirt, after leading us to the Play Offs 😉

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

You won’t be saying that next May when he’s strutting round the pitch enjoying the adulation ,in jeans & a shirt, after leading us to the Play Offs 😉

I’ll believe it when it happens and I’d celebrate like everyone. Doesn’t alter the fact his  comments about Reading are deluded and don’t auger well for him if that’s his level of thinking 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I’ll believe it when it happens and I’d celebrate like everyone. Doesn’t alter the fact his  comments about Reading are deluded and don’t auger well for him if that’s his level of thinking 

I was kidding, but you never know 🙂 His comments are a bit OTT, but he’s basically being respectful of a former club,

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

• Sharp, accurate passing
• Constant off-the-ball movement
• Emphasis on wide players maintaining width

These new tactics for next season?

They’ll be new for us but that was what Rovers were doing back in the 1960’s ! Football isn’t a complicated game and it never has been.

• Like 5

*Manager in talking up a higher division club near where he lives shocker*

(Just like every manager does about every club they are ever asked about, by the way, it’s how the industry operates, you are being a bit naive here, James ).

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I mentioned about Ainsworth on this ages ago i just don't reckon he fancies it back oop north.

tbh i am not even sure he is the running either, having had conversations over the past 12 months with people within the club when ainsworth was mentioned it was greeted with any great enthusiasm. Plus if you are looking at a league one manager Paul Warne is far better candidate, the interesting thing about Farke is he'd bought a house in Norwich and his kids went to school over here, so i wonder if that is a factor for him. Is he going to uproot his family again and go back to Germany or wait for another English job to come up that he fancies?. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

tbh i am not even sure he is the running either, having had conversations over the past 12 months with people within the club when ainsworth was mentioned it was greeted with any great enthusiasm. Plus if you are looking at a league one manager Paul Warne is far better candidate, the interesting thing about Farke is he'd bought a house in Norwich and his kids went to school over here, so i wonder if that is a factor for him. Is he going to uproot his family again and go back to Germany or wait for another English job to come up that he fancies?. 

I don't think they could pitch him well to the owners anyway.

Look at Coyle, right agency, teetotal locally based family man, uber positive to point of delusion, allegedly quite religious and a distant Prem promotion on his cv, desperate.

Mowbray, teetotal, possibly a bit religious, family man, dour but says all the right things and journeys and the club, a distant promotion and desperate for work.

Ainsworth, rock band looks, probably not teetotal or religious, actually in a rock band, no Prem on his cv, not desperate.

Now he'd probably get on with big Barry but they'd not get it passed Mrs D and husband i don't think.  

• Like 1

Please can anyone with any info please keep posting it. Its good to read. 

Farke and Carvalhal are the 2 outstanding candidates and upgrade on Mowbray for sure. 

We need to make this head coach appointment before the end of May. I think Sporting Director role will be filled this week. Just my opinion based on no inside knowledge 

• Like 3

Well I posted the other day that carvahal was on his way for an interview which he is, I didn’t know what day however , I’d be surprised if it was yesterday as it was so soon after his last game for braga. 
he will probably be talking to a few clubs in the next week or so, he likes to move on quickly between jobs 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please can anyone with any info please keep posting it. Its good to read. 

Farke and Carvalhal are the 2 outstanding candidates and upgrade on Mowbray for sure. 

We need to make this head coach appointment before the end of May. I think Sporting Director role will be filled this week. Just my opinion based on no inside knowledge 

I hope you are so right Chaddy because trying something different and bringing two well-respected people in could be the shake up that takes us on to sustaining a promotion challenge over the next few seasons.

But call me scarred but I honestly don't believe we are going to go away from the usual incompetence. There has been no communication with Mowbray from the powers that be for months, so they knew this situation was coming all year. Yet part of me expects the players to be returning from their holidays at the end of June to start pre-season with nobody yet in place.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Note that's not even an "I wasn't aware of any interviews" which journalist normally do to cover their backs. That is a flat out "no".

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Hahahahaha no interviews yesterday. Classic Mercer bait that got a few nibbles and even had a couple of other people saying they’d “heard the same”…. Brilliant 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ten years Merce has been posting such pearlers and half of you still hang on his every word! 😁 (this time with added blacked out windows, plus no doubt private security with ear pieces).

His fishing rod has just got bigger thats all.