BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I also think it's Farke or bust. If Farke doesn't happen, it's likely to be an Adkins in my view. For anybody thinking I'm mentioning Adkins for comedic effect, it's not the case at all. It's a serious suggestion that you can't put past these owners from having a think about, who usually always cheap out on the manager front. Don't forget, he would have been our manager in 2017 had Mowbray not entered the fray at the last minute.

Having said that, what gives me hope about Farke is Glen's info and the fact that he has been on their radar since March. They seem to be intent on Farke so I'm hoping they do what it takes to seal the deal. There is always a danger that they go the cheap route though, and the Carvalhal deal seemingly being off does raise doubts. It really does look like Farke or nothing, as the list of candidates after him looks woeful.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This says everything about our owners - no respect for anyone, even people who care for the Rovers and are trying to help. 

They won't communicate with Rovers Trust - a group who's sole purpose is to ensure that the club ( 'their club' )  has a healthy future.

I know that even Steve Waggott sometimes has trouble getting answers from them and Mowbray obviously gave up trying.

They don't deserve to be in the privileged position that they are.

Don't really care who the new manager is while Venky's are still here. Their behaviour is unforgivable.

We’ll never thrive whilst they own the club. You can’t run a football club by remote control. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Tricky said:

i agree, he was too nice though, lets be honest, a great boss, arm round your shoulder type, let you get away with murder far too regularly...it's time for a mean looking scary sounding sinister german sounding villain at the helm now

Unless you're called Chapman or Davenport, then he ignores you entirely.

Or if you're under 25 and he dismisses you as a kid.

Other than that, lovely fella.

• Like 3

• Backroom

We must be the slowest acting club in the top 2 divisions this last decade.

Whether it be player tranfers, hiring and firing managers, other staff changes.

I don't even know if it's possible to measure such a thing, but surely guaranteed we'd be bottom of a list for speed and efficiency. Those things that make a business successful. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Silas said:

We must be the slowest acting club in the top 2 divisions this last decade.

Speaking of top 2 divisions, I heard a stat the other day that Rovers are now the only club in the top two divisions that haven't played at the new Wembley. 

I've not checked the validity of that, but assume it's correct.

• Like 1

I believe the only league clubs in 2022/23 not to have played at new Wembley are…

- Accrington Stanley
- Blackburn Rovers
- Colchester
- Crawley
- Ipswich

- Solihull Moors (if they win the NL play off final).

Esteemed company.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unless you're called Chapman or Davenport, then he ignores you entirely.

Or if you're under 25 and he dismisses you as a kid.

Other than that, lovely fella.

Or if you are a committed, long standing, permanent fan of the club who just wants the best team on the pitch to try their hardest to win each game... and then the gurning chump insults your intelligence week in, week out by playing the tallest player on the pitch as a winger, a teflon handed keeper in important must win games, and endless meaningless soundbites for no reason other than to make himself sound like he has a plan (when he clearly didn't). So yes, I agree with the above (Exiled) but am not having the real history of the gurning chump rewritten by happy clappers eager for the sad old days of having our heads held down the bog.

Mowbray OUT!! Yay!

Maggotywaggotfest OUT next!

Come on YOU BLUES! Let's have a real manager and a real team and a real return to Arte et Labore!

54 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

An interesting video on Daniel Farke at Norwich, quite a few free transfers signed. Finished 14th in his first season and given a chance to turn it round and succeeded. 

Farke would be as good as we can get, but a couple of concerns after watching this...

He seemed to rely heavily on scouring the European market. Thanks to Brexit, that is a lot harder to do now.

He prefers a possession based approach. That worked badly for us in the season before last as we don't have the right personnel for it and demonstrated this season that our squad works better with a counter attacking style. That said, that may have been partly the manager lacking an actual plan of what to do with the ball in a possession game other than keep it, and perhaps the right players being brought in could also make it tick better.

On more positive notes, he seems to like to work with a DoF, which we want to bring in, and likes to bring through youth players, which is our greatest asset.

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

He prefers a possession based approach. That worked badly for us in the season before last as we don't have the right personnel for it and demonstrated this season that our squad works better with a counter attacking style.

That's purely due to the awful manager we had.

With a good manager we can play possession based football, we have the technical players to do it

• Like 4

If Farke was to come in people would have to accept that we wouldn’t see the results in his first season. He need a year and 3 transfer Windows to get the squad playing the way he likes - the way that got Norwich promoted twice 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

If Farke was to come in people would have to accept that we wouldn’t see the results in his first season. He need a year and 3 transfer Windows to get the squad playing the way he likes - the way that got Norwich promoted twice 

damn right

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Was thinking the same, but I suppose we gave Mowbray the benefit of the doubt for 5 years, so I don't think it would be an issue, at least with the supporters.

If farke comes in then I’m more than happy for this season to be an experimental season regarding tactics ,formations , youth players and bringing his own team and players in. As long as it’s not a five year journey to we will see what happens 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Speaking of top 2 divisions, I heard a stat the other day that Rovers are now the only club in the top two divisions that haven't played at the new Wembley. 

I've not checked the validity of that, but assume it's correct.

That’s true, albeit Bournemouth and Newcastle have only played there when playing Spurs while their new ground was being built.

• Like 2