BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest,

I’m not too sure about that. 2 promotions to the prem in the last 4 years vs 1 promotion 15 years ago. Mowbray has 3 poor to middling spells at Celtic, Middlesbrough and Coventry. His win percent at Norwich was 41.8% vs Mowbray’s 40% at rovers but that is somewhat bolstered by our spell in the 3rd division. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

I do find it quite fun log in here after every single article that appears online with the latest exclusive of "insert name" close to being appointed as manager of "Insert Club" and seeing the meltdown that happens on these forums. It is crazy even though i am in my early 30's the instant gratification of each and every person wanting there man. The truth is regardless as to what is quoted in the press no one will know the outcome other than Venky's or Glen or Kamy who have always been absolutely incredible with their information and what they have shared. 

Asking these individuals to share their source as well and blaming or trying to create a stir is just weird and random to watch. Have you ever seen a journalist publicly announce their source? No...A source is a source for a reason. Either listen to what they say or don't you have every right to. But this forum is far too guilty of instead of engaging pointing fingers at one another. 

Season is over we have a big appointment on our hands. Carvahal is by far not my choice, he has never achieved much and i would have rather kept Mowbray if it was to have Carvahal. Farke for me is the stand out choice with a Director of Football. We have a huge core of good players if he is able to join, i do see Nyambe and Lenihan staying as well. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

@Mercer Would be proud of that level of fishing. No bite from me 😂🎣 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m not too sure about that. 2 promotions to the prem in the last 4 years vs 1 promotion 15 years ago. Mowbray has 3 poor to middling spells at Celtic, Middlesbrough and Coventry. His win percent at Norwich was 41.8% vs Mowbray’s 40% at rovers but that is somewhat bolstered by our spell in the 3rd division. 

DF in the Championship.

Played: 138, Won: 71. 51%

TM in the Championship (with us)

Played: 198, Won: 72. 36%.

Had Tony matched DF, he would’ve won another 30 or so games. Across 4.3 seasons, an extra 20 or so points per season…

Edited by CheshireRover
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

You've got to be on the wind up now.

Farke took Norwich up as champions twice.

Carvahal failed in the play offs, twice.

Yet you think the latter is the better option and the other is the shitty cheap option?

Both would be good appointments IMO but to rubbish Farke is mind boggling.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

As someone who sees Mowbray's virtues more than most, that is top trolling. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

This is Norwich City we're talking about matt, a club awash with Premiership money, players on eye water contracts, quality players at that, I'd have got Norwich promoted to be honest.

Has he worked with no budget and no players before? 

10 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Let's make it a fair comparison - win percentages in the Championship.

Farke at Norwich - 51.4%

Mowbray at Rovers - 36.2%

They do have similar records in the fact that Farke has won 71 Championship matches with Norwich and Mowbray has won 72 with Rovers.

It just took Mowbray an extra 61 games to get that 1 extra win.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

This is Norwich City we're talking about matt, a club awash with Premiership money, players on eye water contracts, quality players at that, I'd have got Norwich promoted to be honest.

But haven’t you kept banging the drum about how Carlos also had a big budget at Swansea and Sheff Wed?

We can split hairs, but to call Farke a ‘cheap option’ when he is obviously used to decent sized clubs and budgets and we have also been linked with the Big Duncs of this world doesn’t compute…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Farke is a good manager who did a good job at Norwich. However, we have to take context into account. He was at a well run club with good owners and had a talented set of players. Here he would have a dreadful set of owners, dysfunctional operations, and an ok/solid set of championship players. It's a completely different task. 

In saying that, the number of dreadful owners and poorly run clubs in the championship has levelled the playing field for us. I feel its going to be a very mediocre league next season which is good news for us. 

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

It depends on how you look at it. Farke hasn't managed in L1 or at a large Scottish club like Celtic, and most of his losses were in the PL.

Mowbray's had 7 clubs, Farke has had 2 (Krasnodar doesn't count).

Farke has won the Championship twice in recent times. Mowbray did it once in 2008.

Carvalhal almost managed promotion a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

He spent 4 million the year of his first promotion.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Butty said:

In my view Carlos was probably told he couldn’t bring his own backroom team in, as well as the club interviewing a million people he probably got sick of waiting around. Nice deal for him for a year and next summer he can look to get back into English football if there’s anything better than our dysfunctional mess of a club available on the job front. 

He has probably been told by Rovers to wait for a decision, and either tried to force their hand or didn't want to risk being left with the old maid. The same job will be here waiting for him in twelve months if we get this wrong (again).

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting we are now getting people saying that Carvalhal wasn't the right man for us because he's seemingly taking a well paid job in the UAE. Talk about him being a mercenary only motivated by money.

Farke was the manager of Krasnodar in Russia earlier this year....is that much different?

Exactly, I think we're kidding ourselves if we think any player, manager, coach is not in it for the money. That's the modern game.

• Like 1

I can never fully understand this attitude that people get offended and flippant about a manager (or indeed player) who follows a more lucrative contract as if its unethical.

The vast majority of people on here if not all would take a job for a wage that multiplied the one you've currently been offered.

Lets be honest too, a job at a mid table Championship club who seemingly can't decide on who they want with owners that dont care and not much money is not the prospect us Rovers fans may see through blue and white tinted glasses.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

SV Lippstadt 08 certainly weren't rolling in cash when he took them up a few divisions 🤣

He signed players like Krul and Pukki on free transfers for Norwich, plenty of loan deals and various youth players promoted.  Of course he made a few signings, an open chequebook he most certainly did not have though!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

The video earlier said something like 70 million in sales and 20 million spent in 2 seasons. You'd have got Norwich promoted as champions with a net negative 50 million spend would you? Maybe you're the one we should be appointing.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I believe the only league clubs in 2022/23 not to have played at new Wembley are…

- Accrington Stanley
- Blackburn Rovers
- Colchester
- Crawley
- Ipswich

- Solihull Moors (if they win the NL play off final).

Esteemed company.

AF1485E6-2F84-4684-9500-6B6EF30B8B4B.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

SV Lippstadt 08 certainly weren't rolling in cash when he took them up a few divisions 🤣

He signed players like Krul and Pukki on free transfers for Norwich, plenty of loan deals and various youth players promoted.  Of course he made a few signings, an open chequebook he most certainly did not have though!

The comparisons to Mowbray are even more stark Ossy, cheer for that.

If this lot manage to sign him up we'll see what transpires, he's a much better option than Hasselbaink and drunken Duncan thats for sure and someone I could support, which is half the battle. 

• Like 1