BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Perhaps JDT has realised what he’s letting himself in for (the most badly run, dysfunctional club in the country) and now pondering whether it’s a good idea before it’s to late?

Genuinely- no bias, no “rovers glasses” on…

Do you think were the worst run club in the country?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just where do we go if this one falls through....

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I suspect we'd be firmly in Woodgate/Carrick territory.

Rooney, he'd help out with the wage bill too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems illogical to focus on a chunk of the season rather than judge based on the entire season. We did improve, we finished 7 places higher.

It isn’t illogical to take into account an absolutely shocking, sustained run of bad form in the second half of the season, which can often be a pointer for the season ahead.

Add to that, if any team loses several key players, they have to be replaced and replaced well. Then the new players have to fit in, which can take time.

Our success ,(or lack of it), in the transfer market will be crucial.

I just don’t think a lower finish next season automatically means it’s been a failure.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Definitely in the championship, top ten in EFL league

Name a club that lets their captain Go on a free?

Their midfield playmaker run his contract down and go on a free?

First choice rb run contract down to go on a free?

To name just 3 

Edited by pomster
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nice try but not as good as Sandy Brown’s diving header for Liverpool against Everton.

Regarding own goals, there aren't many of us left who remember Mike Harrison on the edge of our own penalty area looking to pass the ball to a team mate upfield and deciding to pass back to Fred Else on his goal line. Else meanwhile had come out close to Harrison to collect the ball. Both players stood spellbound as the ball rolled slowly towards the Rovers empty net. We on the Blackburn End were trying to will the ball to stop. Some were even blowing to try and stop it. There had been no pressure whatsoever from the opposition.

The most spectacular own goal was Keith Newton when playing right full back for Burnley. What a fabulous sight.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JBiz said:

We have been in the past, during the first few years with the venktaro! 

We then spent years suffering for the mistakes and money lost during that spell

Recent years we've just been treading water

Can only hope the next few years see a resurgence and we regain some of the respect we lost 🙏🙏🙏 (i know its a big hope, but what else can you/we do? Just give up hope completely!) 

So no, i don't think "worst" is now the right word when you look at the mess some clubs like derby are in, shoddy and unconventional yes. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

It was a pretty spectacular 30 yarder from the touchline. My Wednesday buddy and I joke about it to this day . 

Keeley lobbed Gennoe or O Keefe in a rearranged midweek game at Derby ...86 or 87 

13 minutes ago, pomster said:

To name just 3 

We haven't quite just let them go.... They've had contracts on the table probably since last summer, they left because they wanted more money etc.... I don't think any of them are/where worth breaking the bank over. Lenihan and nyambe are jusy average championship defenders and although i do like Rothwell he has only had one good 6 month spell in all of his years here

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Tomasson still not confirmed, so we move onto page 369! The 400 target is now looking unlikely, but 375 in play?

For those playing along at home, naturally.

400 is easily going to be surpassed on Wednesday.

375 will come and go in the morning as will the morning. 382 by this time tomorrow and not a peep from Ewood.

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

We haven't quite just let them go.... They've had contracts on the table probably since last summer, they left because they wanted more money etc.... I don't think any of them are/where worth breaking the bank over. Lenihan and nyambe are jusy average championship defenders and although i do like Rothwell he has only had one good 6 month spell in all of his years here

So sell them with 12mnth left

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pomster said:

To name just 3 

Burnley?

• Like 1

Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe will all be playing for teams either at a higher level or higher than us in the Championship next season. I'm pretty confident on that.

Tells us all we need to know - higher clubs or clubs with high aspirations- want them. We won't get better than them.

We've done all this before with Hanley, Cairney, Raya and co.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

But surely you announce him and add subject to be a work permit being granted.

I know we have seen some daft things at the club but surely after 5 weeks of a managerial search surely we have done our due diligence and know wether JDT meets the criteria for a work permit or not.

Read Kompanys isn't all to do with work permit issues he was applied for citizenship apparently

I have never ever seen a single club across the entire spectrum of football announce a player, a manager, or a member or staff without a valid Work Permit. Should be the permit fail whoever takes over after that you publicly announced that they would always be the second choice. No announcement until everything is sorted is i am sorry to say just very sensible

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe will all be playing for teams either at a higher level or higher than us in the Championship next season. I'm pretty confident on that.

Tells us all we need to know - higher clubs or clubs with high aspirations- want them. We won't get better than them.

i wouldn`t worry to much about losing lenihan,he`s a two bob stopper with a bad disciplinary record

i`ll admit losing rothwell and possibly nyambe is a blow,i think both of them will  flourish under a manager who plays them to their strengths

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I am pretty confident they won't.

• Like 2

Tomasson was known for his positional strength and fine finishing as a forward, despite his lack of notable pace or physicality.[2] He also drew praise from pundits and managers for his discipline in training, and for his work-rate and movement off the ball, as well as his ability to create space for his teammates with his runs.[6][38] A versatile player, he was capable of playing both as a striker and as a second striker.[39]

Luvly. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Tomasson was known for his positional strength and fine finishing as a forward, despite his lack of notable pace or physicality.[2] He also drew praise from pundits and managers for his discipline in training, and for his work-rate and movement off the ball, as well as his ability to create space for his teammates with his runs.[6][38] A versatile player, he was capable of playing both as a striker and as a second striker.[39]

Luvly. 

Just to clarify we haven't signed him as a player, but he could well be our manager. 

• Like 2