BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Tbh, I know he's had injuries this season but he hasn't got the best out of them. His substitutions have always been poor and his game management from winning positions are even worse. 

As much as I like the guy I think he's getting a lot of leniency because of his character and ambition but the goals against column doesn't lie and I don't think we've got a bad defence. 

At this point it's starting to seem like it's him doing us a favour and he doesn't want the opportunity any more then he should leave and allow someone to come in  who wants it. 

I'm coming at this purely as an assessment of his performance this season. Don't get me wrong, I think he could likely move on to bigger and better things and whilst we are under Venkys we'll continue on downwards trajectory.

That aside it's still possible for a manager to come in and easily sort out our defensive issues and move us up the table. 

They massively weakened the squad year on year when JDT was in charge.

• Like 2

Last season he certainly made mistakes, his team like Mowbray's the season before (albeit not as drastically) did drop off owing to the small, inexperienced squad. He also did make some weird decisions during the decision. This season has shown more worrying aspects even allowing for the budget cuts, the set piece record for and against is a symptom of poor coaching. And our style has been partially responsible for our horrendous defensive record.

But he has had his hands tied behind his back with the budget cuts. It doesnt mean he should receive no criticism this season or that he is exempt from it but it would certainly be a further huge blow if he went. The squad would be a challenge for anyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Tbh, I know he's had injuries this season but he hasn't got the best out of them. His substitutions have always been poor and his game management from winning positions are even worse. 

As much as I like the guy I think he's getting a lot of leniency because of his character and ambition but the goals against column doesn't lie and I don't think we've got a bad defence. 

At this point it's starting to seem like it's him doing us a favour and he doesn't want the opportunity any more then he should leave and allow someone to come in  who wants it. 

I'm coming at this purely as an assessment of his performance this season. Don't get me wrong, I think he could likely move on to bigger and better things and whilst we are under Venkys we'll continue on downwards trajectory.

That aside it's still possible for a manager to come in and easily sort out our defensive issues and move us up the table. 

I've been a bit on the fence about JDT during his tenure. I don't think he's quite the genius he's been painted as when things were going well and whilst not completely blameless,  nor do I particularly blame him for the bad runs because imo he's been dreadfully let down by the owners, Waggott and Broughton.

So whilst he isn't irreplaceable, at the moment I see him as currently our only hope as he seems to be the only person at the Club with any ambition to succeed.

If he goes he needs to be replaced by someone in a similar mould, youngish with a fierce ambition to succeed and achieve results on the football pitch. Dare I say someone who can also set a team up better defensively at times.

Can't see that happening. After this experience Waggott will probably be keen to revert back to someone who is happy to top up his pension for a few years and not rock the boat.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've been a bit on the fence about JDT during his tenure. I don't think he's quite the genius he's been painted as when things were going well and whilst not completely blameless,  nor do I particularly blame him for the bad runs because imo he's been dreadfully let down by the owners, Waggott and Broughton.

So whilst he isn't irreplaceable, at the moment I see him as currently our only hope as he seems to be the only person at the Club with any ambition to succeed.

If he goes he needs to be replaced by someone in a similar mould, youngish with a fierce ambition to succeed and achieve results on the football pitch. Dare I say someone who can also set a team up better defensively at times.

Can't see that happening. After this experience Waggott will probably be keen to revert back to someone who is happy to top up his pension for a few years and not rock the boat.

The best anyone could do is middle of the Championship, under these owners.

If we make a poor appointment we will go down next season.

Very unusual behaviour not to give a press  conference, in this day and age .

Just maybe the heat is turning on the Venkys again and with the Indian court action , it's getting a little to bit too hot !

However people would like to spin it , I don't believe Adam Wharton wanted to leave ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Here’s my working theory. JDT clearly not impressed with the window or the direction the owners are taking the club. Decides he needs to take a day to reflect and consider if he wants to move on. Tellls the club such, and isn’t in the building today. Media are going to want to talk to the coach but instead of saying JDT is contemplating his future with the club and not here today, they try and save face by “blocking” access to him and make up some bollocks about wanting the new players to get the media attention instead. 

Fleck quoted as speaking with JDT today over lunch.

• Like 2

Just now, Waggy76 said:

However people would like to spin it , I don't believe Adam Wharton wanted to leave ! 

Think that was obvious from his interview.

For the purposes of the present discussion though its probably more relevant whether JDT wanted him to stay or at the very least grudgingly agreed to his departure on the understanding he'd get a decent chunk to spend on permanent fees.

Reading between the lines when he was asked about AW recently it sounded like JDT wanted him to stay until the summer.

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The LT are normally terrified of upsetting the Club as well so if young Elliott has got it completely  wrong and there was a relatively innocent explanation ie. JDT asked not to give a press conference because he wanted to work with the new players, he'll be getting his botty smacked big time.

Even more bizarre when he put it out there a few weeks ago that he didn't  want to be 'sensationalist', quite the turnaround.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think that was obvious from his interview.

For the purposes of the present discussion though its probably more relevant whether JDT wanted him to stay or at the very least grudgingly agreed to his departure on the understanding he'd get a decent chunk to spend on permanent fees.

Reading between the lines when he was asked about AW recently it sounded like JDT wanted him to stay until the summer.

Exactly, no smoke without fire with this Press non appearance...

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Fleck quoted as speaking with JDT today over lunch.

"Sorry you've ended up here mate, with all due respect you weren't my choice nor were any of the others. I'm off on Monday. All the best".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Even more bizarre when he put it out there a few weeks ago that he didn't  want to be 'sensationalist', quite the turnaround.

Not bizarre to me. The LT toes the line.

The club didn’t want attention brought to the HMRC issue after they thought they’d got away with keeping it quiet, whereas they’ve no issue in the news that JDT was being blocked from doing the presser getting out, as once again it removes the flak from them and the owners, this time on to the ‘moaning’ head coach.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

He Tweets all the options if you look carefully at his timeline (that hasn’t been deleted) 😉

The deleted tweets from yesterday revolve around that the McGuire deal fell through. He was right and didn’t elaborate and deleted them before anyone else said the same a few hours later. 

2 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

It's a nothing story. Really really poorly managed. Knowing full well the reaction it would have, its baffling the club handled it this way and didn't let people know through official channels that JDT wouldn't be talking. Jackson's wording hasn't helped things either.

No plans on JDT leaving.

Yes horrifically badly managed.

Has to be Waggott's decision and is plain wrong. 

No, sorry but having mulled this over I am struggling to find a scenario in which JDT is not leaving. 

• Like 3

He's been pissed off for a good while but wasn't walking away without a pay off which is fair enough.

However now he'll get one as the club look for the best ways they can to waste the first Wharton instalment.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Neal said:

I do think that we could and should have made the play offs - there were about 3 occasions in the run in where his late game subs wrecked the formation - one in particular when he took sammie off when he was running around like a spring chicken... And his insistence on tippy tappy out of defense when just occasionally row Z is needed - but the potential is there if he was at a less dysfunctional club.... 

• Like 1