BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Can they not just call in part of the loan that we owe to them and take the money out of the club? Genuine question. 

There is nothing to stop that happening, at the UK end.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neal said:

Tbh, I know he's had injuries this season but he hasn't got the best out of them. His substitutions have always been poor and his game management from winning positions are even worse. 

As much as I like the guy I think he's getting a lot of leniency because of his character and ambition but the goals against column doesn't lie and I don't think we've got a bad defence. 

At this point it's starting to seem like it's him doing us a favour and he doesn't want the opportunity any more then he should leave and allow someone to come in  who wants it. 

I'm coming at this purely as an assessment of his performance this season. Don't get me wrong, I think he could likely move on to bigger and better things and whilst we are under Venkys we'll continue on downwards trajectory.

That aside it's still possible for a manager to come in and easily sort out our defensive issues and move us up the table. 

I feel that the bad defence thing only applies to the last 10 weeks, which coincides with Wahlstedt deputising for the injured Pears. If a defence, which has itself suffered from injuries caysing the need for regular rotation, has a young, inexperienced and nervous keeper behind it then it's likely only going to go one way...

Seems strange to say given the problems Pears has had in his tenure, but had Pears not got injured & Wahlstedt not been thrown into the deep end so soon after his arrival, we'd probably only be 4 or 5 points off 6th place...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Can they not just call in part of the loan that we owe to them and take the money out of the club? Genuine question. 

Yes but considering they have sunk so much money into the club, and the biggest priority for them seems to be keeping things low hassle and low profile, I am hopeful they would write off the debt. If they dissolve the club trying to get their money back that will turn into the sort of massive media storm they have tried to avoid. While clueless and incompetent one thing they don't seem to have been too worried about is writing off investments into the club. So it would just be another one of those.

But who knows.

54 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If JDT has gone, this seems to me a great opportunity to put maximum pressure on Venkys to sell. We have money in the bank from Wharton and Raya which lowers our dependency on them. Clubs on a better footing in terms of income vs outgoing. The legal hassle, attention from indian government and bad press must not seem worth it Venkys.

Getting the club on the market feels close to me. Hope there are viable people out there who want to take us on.

That said it's likely that they will be totally unrealistic in what they ask for the club.

Agree

There'll be more player cashing in in summer by them anyway so the club might be able to wash its face for this year, aside from any huge tax bill of course.

So no better time to put it up for sale and at least test the water.

It's not ideal but we are in the shit anyway unless they are willing and able to inject big funds in the next few months to allow some buys in summer.  Option A is a better option than admin for now at least it gives the club a fighting chance to change hands and survive.

• Like 1

If bayes and tin pot elliot had anything about them they would have followed up the not allowed presser by going all out to get a comment . But alas they won't,  I'd wager JDT wouldn't know elliot if he passed him in the street .The only way elliot got profile was by trawling thru the net and copy/ paste stories on the  infamous "lancs live".

Can you imagine  Peter White or Jack Holden just letting it lie if there was a scheduled presser and the manager banned from talking. 

Maggot thinks he is little rocket man . 

Thing is he walks and happy clappers will still back the scum and say he deserved it. Jesus fat venky could shag there dog and they would still spin it positive,  mind you would that count as winalot ? 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I feel that the bad defence thing only applies to the last 10 weeks, which coincides with Wahlstedt deputising for the injured Pears. If a defence, which has itself suffered from injuries caysing the need for regular rotation, has a young, inexperienced and nervous keeper behind it then it's likely only going to go one way...

Seems strange to say given the problems Pears has had in his tenure, but had Pears not got injured & Wahlstedt not been thrown into the deep end so soon after his arrival, we'd probably only be 4 or 5 points off 6th place...

Don't forget---before Pears got injured we were pleading with JDT to drop him!

• Like 5

Another 'normal' day at Rovers.

Assuming what was reported yesterday is correct, IE The club decided he was not speaking to the press suggests that Thomasson warned the management (presumably Waggott) that he was going to say something pretty negative/revealing/damning about the club and presumbly the transfer business?

That in itself is bizarre, and leaves it hanging over to the next time he speaks to the press. 

Unless there is no next time?

Cannot recall of a precedent in English football, but this is the ultimate dysfunctional (family) club.

5 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Assuming what was reported yesterday is correct, IE The club decided he was not speaking to the press suggests that Thomasson warned the management (presumably Waggott) that he was going to say something pretty negative/revealing/damning about the club and presumbly the transfer business?

That in itself is bizarre, and leaves it hanging over to the next time he speaks to the press. 

Cannot recall of a precedent in English football, but this is the ultimate dysfunctional (family) club.

They'll be banging out a bullet proof non disclosure agreement for tommason right now to go along with his "resignation" package. 

Seriously they genuinely seem to spend more on expensive solicitors and legal issues than they do player signings

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ozz said:

But nobody outside of Rovers fans will give a toss, because Klopp is leaving Liverpool.

This is so confusing. If Tomasson was forbidden from speaking to the press because it was his intention to call the club and various characters out surely he wouldn't have told them in advance what he was about to do. I just don't see it. If the story of him going after today's game is true then that raises a couple of questions. Firstly if he was going of his own volition surely they wouldn't let him pick the team, decide tactics and merely be in charge. If he has been told he is going - effectively sacked - then why would they let him run the show today. Surely either scenario would have a negative impact on the team. But once again the amateur hierarchy at Rovers have a lot to answer for. The abrupt, open ended statement yesterday has fuelled all this speculation. If he is leaving or has been sacked just tell everyone rather than allowing damaging speculation to be rife on an important match day.

You really couldn't make some of this stuff up.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

.We have money in the bank from Wharton and Raya which lowers our dependency on them.

Venkys have money in the bank of their sub-subsidery company. Its their money.

No we don't have any money for Raya. We will if and when Arsenal (or someone else) sign him on a permanent.

Imagine Liverpool blocking Klopp from speaking at a press conference straight after a dissapointing transfer window without any explanation? The media speculation from hundreds of media outlets would be intense and damning. Columns, pundits etc would speculate and put 2 and 2 together.

In Rovers' case LET has only briefly mentioned it. I would expect more from LET. LET should critisize and question the owners/Waggot. That would be proper journalism

I for one don't want to hear what the champions league winning, seria A winning, eredivise winning man has to say about the state of the football club and it's future. 

The man who saw his previous clubs kicked out their stadium and put into administration has done what he asked for.  He's brought experience in the window and brought the 3 or 4 experienced players in we need (like the young lad from mighty Liverpool)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

Imagine Liverpool blocking Klopp from speaking at a press conference straight after a dissapointing transfer window without any explanation? The media speculation from hundreds of media outlets would be intense and damning. Columns, pundits etc would speculate and put 2 and 2 together.

In Rovers' case LET has only briefly mentioned it. I would expect more from LET. LET should critisize and question the owners/Waggot. That would be proper journalism

The venkygraph won't rock the boat.. the "journo" is a copy/paste whizz from the "ultra reputable lancs live " stable.  

He don't have a clue and ask hin and he blocks you . Speaks volumes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I agree. Always thought Pears was ok. He's made some mistakes of course and there are better keepers out there but he can still develop. 

The mess at Rovers isn’t all down to Venkys. This is down to the amateurs and incompetent management in charge at Ewood. It’s not unusual sadly. Tomasson has had an eye opener over the past 2 seasons on how this declining little island operates. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

JDT has played at the pinnacle of European football at first rate clubs, and under world class coaches and managers.  We must seem like an utter shambles to him.  We are not dealing with someone who has come through the ranks and feels lucky to be at Rovers.  

He's an experienced, confident, and I assume, proud man.

I can't see him sticking around much longer.

I fear you are spot on Paul.

JDT has been sold a dream that is now turning into a nightmare, these owners are stripping him of his dignity and damaging his reputation in the process, I'm surprised he's still here!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The mess at Rovers isn’t all down to Venkys. This is down to the amateurs and incompetent management in charge at Ewood. It’s not unusual sadly. He’s has had an eye opener over the past 2 seasons on how this declining little island operates. 

The only constant in the last 13.3 years is venkys.

I wouldn’t dream of letting my staff take a bullet for me. Also if they are unfit for purpose a P45 works wonders 

their name is over the door simple.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

His transfer dealings ?  I think the last 48 hours or so certainly disproves Broughtons comments on his arrival when he said that no signings would be made without the managers approval

That seems patently not true now

I know, and if you’ve read any of my posts I have frequently emphasised my belief that JDT has little or nothing to do with transfers.

However, some of our fan base still don’t realise that JDT is not a manager.

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is so confusing. If Tomasson was forbidden from speaking to the press because it was his intention to call the club and various characters out surely he wouldn't have told them in advance what he was about to do. I just don't see it. If the story of him going after today's game is true then that raises a couple of questions. Firstly if he was going of his own volition surely they wouldn't let him pick the team, decide tactics and merely be in charge. If he has been told he is going - effectively sacked - then why would they let him run the show today. Surely either scenario would have a negative impact on the team. But once again the amateur hierarchy at Rovers have a lot to answer for. The abrupt, open ended statement yesterday has fuelled all this speculation. If he is leaving or has been sacked just tell everyone rather than allowing damaging speculation to be rife on an important match day.

You really couldn't make some of this stuff up.

If he goes, I will be absolutely furious. Yes, we have had a bad run and there are definite flaws, goals against and inability to come from behind. Notwithstanding, he’s head and shoulders above any manager we have had for years, plays good football and with just a bit of backing, I’m certain he would have had us in the play offs last year and quite likely, promoted. I’ve been going over 40 years and I think for me and many, this could be the last straw. I think the crowd should be really vocal in support of JDT and thanks for raising the plight of our club and the long suffering Rovers fans, those present and the huge number lost or staying away.

• Like 9