BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

If we can't see the writing on the wall, we are blind!

Venkys have never sacked anyone for results, maybe coyle but gave him too long.

So the first sign of a competent management team & they dumped them, why? Because the cretins around the club want to save themselves. 

I think I am at my lowest as a rovers fan. I really struggle to see how this turns into anything other than lower league obscurity!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

"Ashley Phillips, the highly rated England Under-19 defender who had been with the club since the age of 12, left for £2m after Spurs activated a release clause that Rovers failed to omit from the teenager’s contract."

Hmm....

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

This is a fairly good summary of the fuckery over past year. It's abysmal how much chaos has ensued. Glad the guardian have picked this up. This means mainstream media may pay a little bit more attention now..I heard on a podcast earlier a rallying cry for fans to go to games because gate sales dont line the pocket of owners. Hmm not convinced!

6 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

I'm the same as many others. I feel gutted and almost a sense of grieving.

I cannot ignore results on the pitch and it was clear we need to tighten up at the back but who could achieve anything with this circus.

Everytime there is any hope, the next balls up hits and it's firmly with the hierarchy. 

I have no doubt with the right backing and sticking with the project, JDT would have achieved. He's now going to conveniently take the headlines to cover up for the rest. 

It's become a disgusting club with a rotting core. It breeds toxicity into the split fan base and whilst in a few days my emotions will soften and I'll go back to watching and willing to see the next episode I hate not having any control or ability to impact something I care about.

It's embarrassing, demoralising and I hope JDT has something lined up because he deserves better than what this club has become. 

The rest of them should all fuck off as well.

The guy was taking us into league one, he knew the score last summer and should have walked. instead he’s persisted with his brand with a group of players not suited to it.

Plenty can and will achieve better with what we have got.

Just now, roverblue said:

The guy was taking us into league one, he knew the score last summer and should have walked. instead he’s persisted with his brand with a group of players not suited to it.

Surely its also Greggs job to find players to suit the style we play, not the managers job to keep reworking his tactics every transfer window. Ennis and Telalovic arent texhnically able to play the JDT way, and Sigurdsson couldn’t press his pants.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Based on what? He has had one full season in management where he guided to Birmingham to 17th. If in the summer we had sacked JDT and appointed Eustace no one would have said it was an upgrade, Eustace has only developed a reputation thanks to Rooney doing such a dreadful job at Birmingham.

He's very pragmatic who focuses on getting the basics right and then evolving the playing style from there. If you speak to Brum fans, they will tell you he started by getting the defensive side of the game right and being strong at set pieces. That's 💯 the right thing to do. Compare that to JDT, we are the worst team in the league at defending set pieces, cannot do the basics at all, and are way too open. Yet JDT continues trying to play champagne football.

Our two best managers of recent times - Hughes and Allardyce - they have both followed the same blueprint of making us us solid first. 

Eustace came into an extremely poor Birmingham side in his first season who were strongly tripped for relegation and kept them up easily. He had some money to spend in the summer and they signed well, with a focus on exciting wingers. We desperately need those kind of players too. He had them in 6th place and should never have been sacked.

Eustace also knows the championship far better than JDT and understands what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap.

All in all, a big upgrade for me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Surely its also Greggs job to find players to suit the style we play, not the managers job to keep reworking his tactics every transfer window. Ennis and Telalovic arent texhnically able to play the JDT way, and Sigurdsson couldn’t press his pants.

Agree but he knew he wasn’t getting them in the summer.

He’s trying to manage the situation now by saying “I offered but they said no” to deflect the crap job he’s done. It’s like saying I told you we would go down if you stuck with me.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is Fowler that gets it 

I can't see it. Waggott knows full well the reaction would be even more negative than it is already.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Agree but he knew he wasn’t getting them in the summer.

He’s trying to manage the situation now by saying “I offered but they said no” to deflect the crap job he’s done. It’s like saying I told you we would go down if you stuck with me.

What's his excuse for McGuire?!

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I can't see it. Waggott knows full well the reaction would be even more negative than it is already.

Did people at the club not know the reaction appointing Owen Coyle would have.

People at the club wanted Warnock we ended up with Coyle.

If an advisor is whispering in Venkys ears that Fowler can do the job at half the price of Eustace then it will be Fowler they go for.

• Like 4