BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

BTW as a Rover through and through interesting conversation with the other half (Burnley fans, I'm single!), would you take two defeats by them and still get promotion, rather we lose to them twice? Promotion for me!

Only a moron would say otherwise 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Bleeding heck lads I’m supposed to be on a timeout but can’t ignore some of the saltiness.

Firstly couldn’t go tonight as I’m man down with COVID - really floored me as well - so watched on TV. The issue with the 10 minutes isn’t that ref gave it - they had the trainer on half a dozen times, plus subs and goals etc, the issue is that to often refs don’t give it. We got 9 given against WBA for a lot lot less. The red was a second yellow and a stupid challenge. We shot ourselves in the foot for their goals but created more than enough to win 2 games. Finally great teams play to the end and get their rewards. This team is slowly beginning to look half decent. That said I thought Rotherham caused us problems.

Short turnaround for us now - think we will struggle to get a point on Saturday.

Our game should be high scoring, we will give you plenty of chances so the question becomes can you stop our forward players. 

Being impartial here, the trainer I believe was on once? Maybe twice but not a"half a dozen times". 

Goals? There was 1 goal in the second half before the time was added so again not sure where you are getting much time on that.

Subs? Hmmmmm how many stoppages was there for them?

The red was never a second yellow, the Burnley man kicked through into the Rotherham left back, look at it back.

I can completely respect you ground it out and kept going but it was very fortunate and the officials did assist in this one 100%.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Being impartial here, the trainer I believe was on once? Maybe twice but not a"half a dozen times". 

Goals? There was 1 goal in the second half before the time was added so again not sure where you are getting much time on that.

Subs? Hmmmmm how many stoppages was there for them?

The red was never a second yellow, the Burnley man kicked through into the Rotherham left back, look at it back.

I can completely respect you ground it out and kept going but it was very fortunate and the officials did assist in this one 100%.

Absolute bollocks - still by all means enjoy some vinegar with the salt on your chips.

• Backroom

Coming back from behind to win, what a novel concept. Even with 10+ minutes added on and with a man extra I'm sure we'd contrive to lose 3-1. 

Burnley will almost certainly get promoted from this very poor league, but they're certainly beatable if we bother to turn up and also manage to score first. 

• Like 1

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

Absolute bollocks - still by all means enjoy some vinegar with the salt on your chips.

Which part is bollox? Nice to see a respectful, measured reply like the one I gave you...

You felt the need to come on here and justify it because you knew it felt dirty.

• Like 2

You have to hand it to the Burnley owners/board. They identified Dyche as a top manager who did a great job for them for many years and they seem to have unearthed another gem in Kompany. They looked to be in disarray at the end of last season but there they are sitting pretty at the top of the league and favourites to win it. There's no long term "project" at Turf Moor - only promotion back to the big time in short order

• Like 1

Burnley did twice in one game what we have failed to do all season ie come from behind not only to draw but win. If Rotherham would have taken one of their two good chances at Ewood I think they would have beaten us

Perhaps I’m a bit «off», but I only really care about Burnley when it comes to the two derbies. As of right now we are first and second in the league, and if Burnley beats all our other rivals in the top six I don’t mind. Fingers crossed we end the season in the top six, get some valuable play-off experience and make a real push in a season or two.

And yeah yeah….every season it’s «this season is  there for the taking» so it should be a posibility in any season. The one hope I have for the future is promotion to PL, stay up for at least one season and make us attractive to other buyers thus shedding our inept owners.

Back to the league: I follow results for QPR, Sheffield U, Norwich and Watford to see how we are doing. Seems we’re doing ok at the moment! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigBar said:

Lads I'm over the weekend for the Hudds game. What's the craic with the trains? I'm staying in Manchester, is there any running or all cancelled for the day? Conflicting messages on the rail websites. Any advice be great.

Saturday is a strike day - judging by trainline there are no trains running.

If that's the case then either:

1) Taxi

2) Get into Manchester City Centre (Tram or maybe a train will run there) then get a Bus from Manchester to Blackburn. The Witchway bus runs around there. Might have to find your way from Rawtenstall though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, booth said:

We'll score fuck all if Tomasson has Vale and Hirst as his main strikers and Brereton glued to the wing.

Maybe give him some time to bring in his own strikers?

As for Brereton 'glued to the wing', that's where he does all his damage from. He's half the player when asked to lead the line - he gets bullied.

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to hand it to the Burnley owners/board. They identified Dyche as a top manager who did a great job for them for many years and they seem to have unearthed another gem in Kompany. They looked to be in disarray at the end of last season but there they are sitting pretty at the top of the league and favourites to win it. There's no long term "project" at Turf Moor - only promotion back to the big time in short order

Well if our owners threw £25m+ at the manager in a single transfer window maybe we could get promotion too.

As it is we've stumbled onto a cracking manager (thank you Broughton!) and we're building something long term. 

The word 'project' seems to trigger people because the inept Mowbray took us on a 'journey'. You only have to look at the game time A. Wharton, Garrett and Phillips are getting this season (and hopefully Batty sooner rather than later) to see that he's a completely different manager.

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

On a positive note, a win for us and the Blades this Saturday and then we beat the Dingles in the 15th minute of Kompany time and we go into the World Cup break top of the league. Simples 😜

Love the optimism. I personally don't think the squad is deep enough to maintain an automatic promotion challenge - they'd have to go out and get a quality striker in January, which they won't be able to afford.

At this point though I'd be disappointed if we don't finish in the Playoffs, although it's going to be a tight run thing - nobody is pulling away from the pack.

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Maybe give him some time to bring in his own strikers?

As for Brereton 'glued to the wing', that's where he does all his damage from. He's half the player when asked to lead the line - he gets bullied.

Some context required.

We were talking about the Burnley game, how is he meant to bring his own strikers in before then?

As for glued to the wing, that was in reference to the Coventry game.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Saturday is a strike day - judging by trainline there are no trains running.

If that's the case then either:

1) Taxi

2) Get into Manchester City Centre (Tram or maybe a train will run there) then get a Bus from Manchester to Blackburn. The Witchway bus runs around there. Might have to find your way from Rawtenstall though.

Appreciated that pal

Broughton was at Bodø Glimt in Norway and knows about building over time. He was a part of a really solid team and they have declined after he left. We need to give these guys some time to clean up the mess they inherited. In Norway Bodø Glimt went straight from promotion to winning the league in a couple of years. I think we are seeing results way beyond the original plan and just hope it keeps going. Let's build over time and make sure that when we go up we'll stay there.

Look at Potter ..from Sweden to Brighton to Chelsea...and a poor team in Sweden as well! We might have gold with horrible owners but we really need to give these guys some time...it might turn out ok.

• Like 2