BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

A fantastic win, but Jim has a slight point....I wasn't at the game today but comments from those that watched the game before the first goal went in were not complimentary at all.....

That’s because they didn’t understand the plan, which became increasingly apparent as the game wore on.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I am, but on that specific point...chill comrade 

Wouldnt be able to tell. You one of those guys that never smiles? Top of the league (yes, before you say). be happy. Take in some fresh air. Crack a smile. Be happy. Why find something to moan about? We have plenty top moan about of course - just let it go for a day (or at least an hour or two). 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Let's not act like there aren't comments on here about teams being average or not very good after they've handily beaten us 😅 it's pretty common across fanbases. From briefly reading the thread in question there were a fair few posters noting that if we are average what does that make them? 

Anyway, BBD's goal was awesome. Lovely cross-field ball, perfect control from BBD, the strength to hold off the defender and then a sublime dinked finish. Absolute class. 

• Like 6

Just now, DE. said:

Let's not act like there aren't comments on here about teams being average or not very good after they've handily beaten us 😅 it's pretty common across fanbases. From briefly reading the thread in question there were a fair few posters noting that if we are average what does that make them? 

Anyway, BBD's goal was awesome. Lovely cross-field ball, perfect control from BBD, the strength to hold off the defender and then a sublime dinked finish. Absolute class. 

Yeah, not long ago he wouldn’t have rode that “ tackle “, he would have gone over.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, not long ago he wouldn’t have rode that “ tackle “, he would have gone over.

And this has been the benefit of us persevering with him cutting in from the left.

Not 'playing left wing', like some folk state, but playing as a wide forward who cuts in.

He can play central, but I think he's better (and more likely to get game time for a team in the Prem) on the left side of attack.

Lovely goal today, including the sublime ball for the assist.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

And this has been the benefit of us persevering with him cutting in from the left.

Not 'playing left wing', like some folk state, but playing as a wide forward who cuts in.

He can play central, but I think he's better (and more likely to get game time for a team in the Prem) on the left side of attack.

Lovely goal today, including the sublime ball for the assist.

He’s playing in the old “ inside left “ position. He’s much better running from deep. I don’t think he could play up against a centre half as effectively.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Come on Jim give JDL a chance.  Already with a pretty thin squad we look a lot, lot better.  Two opening wins, 4 goals and 2 clean sheets - could hardly have done better.

We might just have unearthed a managerial diamond who will take us on a REAL JOURNEY!!!

Mmmm. Let’s see how it goes before getting carried away. The manager may be a genius but it’ll need 3 or 4 very astute signings to make this team better than average. 

Another great result and we seem to be getting even better by the week, couple more good permanent signings and no suprise exists or serious injuries! And we could be inline for a fun year 🎉 🎉 

But all that aside! The thing I'm most proud of today is this stupid post... Sorry I know I'm a idiot but I do make myself giggle 🤭 

Screenshot_20220806-215309_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

I think Jim and Sparks do have a point too. Really happy with the win and am enjoying the start to the season as much as anyone but still plenty of room for improvement and seems like these wins could easily go the opposite way. There is an underlying sense of fragility about most championship teams. 

The most fragility seems to be in some messageboard members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Oh forgot Vale... think Buckley can play every game and Szmodics need games..

Szmodics has had a full pre season with Peterbrough and started for them in their first game and played for us today as well. He’ll be fine to miss a Mickey Mouse cup game.

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Szmodics has had a full pre season with Peterbrough and started for them in their first game and played for us today as well. He’ll be fine to miss a Mickey Mouse cup game.

I hope there is no such thing as a mickey mouse cup game, in JDT philosophy.

• Like 1

For me a CB of real quality (we all know who that is) and a goal scoring striker that suits the system gets us firmly in the mix for playoffs. Unfortunately we don’t have the quality across the squad to push for top 2.

Was thinking earlier how well Weiman from Bristol City would fit in upfront for us… we’ll out of our budget though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m sad enough to look through every players post on Instagram… Dack hasn’t liked or posted on any of them. Trav has liked and posted on every players post. 

Dack made a point of walking over to clap the fans at full time. Really felt for him. If you aren’t given even 5 minutes at 3-0 up you must feel fed up.

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Dack made a point of walking over to clap the fans at full time. Really felt for him. If you aren’t given even 5 minutes at 3-0 up you must feel fed up.

No room for sentiment Herbie ..JDT setting out his stall ..i like it .

• Like 6