BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or it could be that we make teams look toothless ?

There’s an element of that for sure, we are defending very well from the front.

But QPR lacked ideas in the final third and Swansea’s attacking shortcomings have been discussed and ridiculed plenty. Wallace was a danger for them today, lot of good crosses with nothing at the end of them. Either way, defensive reinforcements are urgent now.

Seems plenty of teams/managers now believe being toothless is fine. Let them crack on! Delighted Kompany doesn’t seem to think the Dingles need a goalscorer, cos we will punish teams that harbour that silly notion.

Edited by Miller11

On holiday so just came in and saw the full-time result. 

Amazing result, beating one of the teams that would surely be pushing for the top, playoffs at least.

3 wins on the bounce is a superb start.

Concerning that we are picking up a lot of injuries and no RB cover either. Assuming Buckley went there?

• Like 1

everyone of the lads deserves a few pints after that,great effort,west brom had lots of the ball,as you would expect with some of players they have but we looked comfortable in defence all game,we did give the ball away to much in midfield though,you can see the difference in coaching and team shape between jdt and mowbray,we would never have won a game like that last season

• Like 1

Brilliant win today, superb team effort to overcome a really good side in West Brom. Thank god we didn't accept a draw or a narrow loss before! There can be justified expectation to want to beat last seasons 8th place finish.

Also the signs that a few injuries which will happen and we look very short beyond the main 14/15 players. Had we not won today, Tomasson would have justifiably been able to feel let down by those above him.

I thought Ayala was absolutely immense, Phillips looked edgy once or twice but had the perfect partner and certainly can be proud of his League debut. Brittain again was excellent prior to his injury and looks a good addition and a big shout out to Pickering who has started the season really well and has had unfair criticism at times.

Travis showed real leadership and was the complete midfielder today, Buckley was a bit hit and miss again and clearly isn't a right back. Going forward, we weren't a constant threat but Brereton was the pick of the front 4 and both goals were excellent.

Sub wise, glad to see Dack come on and he did well when he came on, Dolan a bit more mixed with his usual energy but one particular stupid backheel nearly cost us. Morton was ok but Edun was really, really poor and West Brom got joy down his side.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Time to screenshot the table to the Dingle aquaintances

I have an old schoolpal of that persuasion who now lives in NZ. I can't wait to break the news to him in an early morning call!

It's 5.13 tomorrow morning there presently and it's taking all my willpower not to ring him!😉

• Like 2

Ending the game with 3 of our back line all being played there out of position is a worry. It shows the fragility of the squad at the moment. We need some quality additions. The good news is that we will be an attractive option. You’d argue that we’ve had a hard start but we’re Flying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I'm a fan of Brittan, also a fan of Nyambe. Definitely too early to make that statement though.

Look at it this way, one is playing for a team top of the league, the other is just about getting on the bench, for a bottom to mid table team.

• Like 2

Who'd like Nyambe and Lenihan back now? I wasn't happy at either of them leaving as I saw them as good solid, experienced performers who still had alot to offer at the club. But we are where we are and the club needs to act fast to get more bodies in. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Ending the game with 3 of our back line all being played there out of position is a worry. It shows the fragility of the squad at the moment. We need some quality additions. The good news is that we will be an attractive option. You’d argue that we’ve had a hard start but we’re Flying. 

I look at it more, that we have adaptability. And a manager that can use it.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Who'd like Nyambe and Lenihan back now? I wasn't happy at either of them leaving as I saw them as good solid, experienced performers who still had alot to offer at the club. But we are where we are and the club needs to act fast to get more bodies in. 

Do you still have access to the OED?