BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

An excellent win. I thought we were comfortable for most of the game. It only got a bit nervy in the last 10 minutes.

Adam Wharton, what a player we could have here. Composed, always calling for the ball, rarely wasted a pass and made numerous key interceptions. This lad has got it and has to be a starter.

I thought Hyam had a solid debut. Got his head to everything, exactly what we could do with back there. I'm looking forward to seeing Ayala play alongside him, in a 2 or as part of a 3.

On our goal, superb through ball from Dack to cut them open and clinical from BBD. That's the kind of quality that decides games at this level. Really hope both of them are here beyond tomorrow. Dack surely will be, just hope nobody matches the valuation placed on BBD.

Roll on the next game.

• Like 4

Bowler's a handful, a wide player who takes defenders on and a type of player we don't have. Rovers kept him relatively quiet tonight but it often took 3 players to dispossess him.  A very good addition to the squad if he comes.

• Like 9

Tonight's performance, how well he took his goal and his professionalism post-match will have done his chances of a move no harm at all.

And if that is the case, hopefully adds a few £m more onto the price as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Sorry to put a dampener on things. Not sure we can let him go this close to the end of the window

87B69D08-B6F6-4FAD-B39B-C5F6C4F34706.jpeg

I suspect every bid that’s going to be made for him “tomorrow” will already be in, so both BBD and JDT know full well the likelihood of him going or not, based on how many are in and how much they’re for.

23 minutes ago, lraC said:

Others who had seen him, including a youth team coach, said we had a special talent in Adam Wharton. On todays performance, it’s as good as it gets for a debut.

Sky gave him man of the match and sang his praises.

So far as the game went, had Blackpool nicked one, it would have been an injustice. Vale and Brereton brought great saves out of their keeper that would have put us out of site. Best performance of the season so far, for me.

Very solid debut from Hyam and I thought Carter’s performance was excellent too.

Watched him in an u23 game back in Jan and he stood out then. Didn’t realise he’d make the step up so well so quick tho 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

Goes without saying how brilliant Wharton was. Hyam and Carter similarly brilliant.

Impressed too with Travis in a makeshift position and Pickering after a tough start.

But a word for Bradley Dack. Superb pass, always had an eye for a good ball, looked a class above most. Hope this is the first sign of many that his ‘demise’ was very premature and some of his nay sayers were wrong. Been a lot of nonsense about him lately. 

Also got to say Dack is putting in so many hard yards off the ball. Was leading the press and telling Dolan to press when he wasn’t. 

• Like 6

Yeah whatever happens tomorrow can't fault Diaz. His commitment and respect for the club. If he goes I just hope we have a contingency plan in place. His goals will be hard to replace. IF he stays I think we still need a few quality signings. Obviously if he does we need even more.

Brilliant performance overall. Adam Wharton was everywhere. I thought the whole team were really good. Playing stuff we never saw under mowbray. On another day that's a 3/4-0 win and would be one to look back on. We need to use it as a platform and go on a run now hopefully. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Wharton talking about how he’s Rovers born and bred, supports the club big time etc.

Tie the kid down tonight.

From the heart. " He's one of our own " will be sung at Ewood on Saturday. 

• Like 7

Wharton was an absolute joy to watch.

Carter finally got the chance his loan spell earnt and he seized it with both hands (though nearly gifted Blackpool a penalty).

Hyam looked a natural fit.

Diaz gave everything, fair play under the circumstances.

Vale is getting closer to a goal.

Dack is getting the minutes.

Dolan though is struggling, perhaps needs minutes in the U23s to find some form.

• Like 2