BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

This was my first game of the season to watch (ESPN+), it was well worth the wait. 

The whole squad works their tails off for 90+, I cannot find anything to complaint about. Arte et Labore. 

Hyam… worth whatever we paid. Maybe more. 

A. Wharton… it’s all already been said. I know he won’t keep this up for 38 more games, but what a joy to watch. 

Carter… we would be saying more about him, if Wharton hadn’t played. A very solid performance. 

BB-D, what a finish. Dacky’s pass was perfect. 

Tomasson did a great job of putting 11 on the pitch, & timely subs. I am looking forward to Bristol City, for sure. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Buckley had better pull his finger out..  Still want a ball carrier and another enforcer in there though.

Prefer Travis at right back. Watched his debut at right back and was well impressed. 

Yeah Buckley has been out of sorts so far this season. Hope he sorts it out as he is a talent no doubt.

Personally prefer Trav as a box to box midfielder which I think he's a natural at. Looks comfortable at rb though. All personal opinions so no right or wrong

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Paper thin side that.

One day to sort that out.

On the face of it looks like a tough night ahead.

On the other hand this could be a better footballing side, with more chance of keeping the ball and passing to our own players.

It may have been paper thin, but it was good to watch

• Like 1

I'm so glad we won the game so well as people are saying. Great performance.

However, I listened on Radio Lancs and we were battered in the first 15 minutes before we scored. After scoring it seemed even-steven with maybe us getting on top.

Second half we sounded all over them but it was still 1-0. Knowing Blackpool's recent history I was so worried that they would snatch an equaliser as they often do. So I was not comfortable until the final whistle.

I'll be watching the whole game tomorrow on Rovers TV.

6 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm so glad we won the game so well as people are saying. Great performance.

However, I listened on Radio Lancs and we were battered in the first 15 minutes before we scored. After scoring it seemed even-steven with maybe us getting on top.

Second half we sounded all over them but it was still 1-0. Knowing Blackpool's recent history I was so worried that they would snatch an equaliser as they often do. So I was not comfortable until the final whistle.

I'll be watching the whole game tomorrow on Rovers TV.

We were on the back foot to start but black pool didn’t create any chances. 

• Like 1

In the first 15 minutes, Blackpool had us worked out…….just stick close while Rovers tippy tap it back and forth in our own defensive third…..until the inevitable bad pass or until Kaminski rushes to kick the ball straight into touch.

After the goal we got it sorted out and, until the last 10 minute panic, we played the best football I’ve seen this season. Wharton opens up a new range of attacking possibilities ……he’s some prospect!

2 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

In the first 15 minutes, Blackpool had us worked out…….just stick close while Rovers tippy tap it back and forth in our own defensive third…..until the inevitable bad pass or until Kaminski rushes to kick the ball straight into touch.

After the goal we got it sorted out and, until the last 10 minute panic, we played the best football I’ve seen this season. Wharton opens up a new range of attacking possibilities ……he’s some prospect!

Played backwards way too much in the first 15. More passes to Kamenski than forward. Once we started finding outlets the game changed. 

Just got back 

Absolutely superb effort from everybody but special mention to Wharton, what a superb talent, like a young David dunn, so much confidence, natural ability and swagger 👏 you wouldn’t have thought our midfield was two teenagers so hats off to Morton 👏 also fantastic so much maturity, hayam also solid with Carter. 

soon as we got the goal we settled down and if it wasn’t for some outstanding goalkeeping we could have been 4 up, vale did very well when he came on, seemed up for the fight. Really solid battling performance despite another piss poor ref determined to get blackpool level giving them stupid decisions like a simple lawful shoulder barge, so we should great character and determination to be awarded the 3 points we deserved 👏 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imy9 said:

Best 45 mins I have seen from Pickering in a long long time too

Josh who?  I think Bowler's price tag has just been cut 50% by that no good Pickering.  

If that's 4 mil you are kidding he did nothing all game really.  Certainley did not influence it at all.  Poveda looked lively.  We finally beat one if our (crap) ex managers away.

Loved the 2nd half effort.  Ran out of steam a bit but if we ever get good at this approach and style of play and drop the Mowbary habit of playing one half only this could be at least an exciting Journey.

Thought like at Swansea we struck at a really important time with pretty much our first proper opportunity which knocked them. Always worried at 1-0 that something will land for them or ricochet off someone in the penalty area so would have been nice to finish them off.

Worried the referee was going to do us over too. I see we were back onto adding time for throw ins and corners which never seems to happen when we are chasing a game (Stoke) but does when we are holding a lead (WBA. Blackpool).

Things are looking a bit healthier with the squad now, as despite the inevitable September Ayala injury occurring we have Hyam and Carter who were sold, composed and faultless with hopefully Scott Wharton back very soon too. Midfield looking more competitive with the rising star of Adam Wharton going to take some stopping. 

Lowlife Sky 'journos' trying their best to deflect attention away from our good win and performance and shine the spotlight onto transfer 'rumours' that they create. They really have no interest in the game or match and instead are just trying desperately to whip everyone up into a frenzy so they tune into their ghastly TV programme tomorrow. 

Would be lovely to rebound from the 3 defeats with back to back wins on Saturday against another Ewood problem in Bristol City.

My only, and only criticism is us sticking the ball in the net. It could have cost us tonight with multiple good chances to double the lead missed. Fortunately not a problem in the end but could have been left to rue it big time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thought like at Swansea we struck at a really important time with pretty much our first proper opportunity which knocked them. Always worried at 1-0 that something will land for them or ricochet off someone in the penalty area so would have been nice to finish them off.

Worried the referee was going to do us over too. I see we were back onto adding time for throw ins and corners which never seems to happen when we are chasing a game (Stoke) but does when we are holding a lead (WBA. Blackpool).

Things are looking a bit healthier with the squad now, as despite the inevitable September Ayala injury occurring we have Hyam and Carter who were sold, composed and faultless with hopefully Scott Wharton back very soon too. Midfield looking more competitive with the rising star of Adam Wharton going to take some stopping. 

Lowlife Sky 'journos' trying their best to deflect attention away from our good win and performance and shine the spotlight onto transfer 'rumours' that they create. They really have no interest in the game or match and instead are just trying desperately to whip everyone up into a frenzy so they tune into their ghastly TV programme tomorrow. 

Would be lovely to rebound from the 3 defeats with back to back wins on Saturday against another Ewood problem in Bristol City.

My only, and only criticism is us sticking the ball in the net. It could have cost us tonight with multiple good chances to double the lead missed. Fortunately not a problem in the end but could have been left to rue it big time.

Pickering was important as anyone tonight, probably won us the game with how he kept Bowler so quiet. 

One feature I noticed not already mentioned was how Carter is much more comfortable passing/going forwards than Phillips, who invariably played balls sideways or back. I assume the difference is maturity and confidence brought about by Carter getting well established at Pompey on loan. 

• Like 2