v Birmingham City (h) 22/10/2022

Result  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

6 hours ago, toogs said:

After the wigan game you had “major concerns” about JDT.What have you seen in the Boro and Sunderland games that now make you think we are good for 2nd or top when WC break arrives? 
That’s one hell of a turnaround of opinion. 
Would you agree that some of your opinions are rather reactionary? If we lose the next 2 will you and this board be back on suicide watch?  Probably. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting comment their Mercer given your comments post Wigan game about having great concerns about JDT and then 2 games lately which we won both and are 2nd now has changed your opinion all of sudden? whilst I have been very confident in JDT ability to be a success here despite a few poor performances this season.

I think many will agree, at times, JDT has made some bizarre decisions in selection of tactics and players.  Maybe some naivety about Championship football, maybe not.

IF he is learning and putting into practice his learnings from his previous mistakes then I think we have a great chance of going up from what I think is a p1ss poor league.

IF, however, he continues to get it wrong in some matches to come then who wouldn't have great concerns?  As Einstein defined insanity "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nailed on 3 points.

Brum's 3rd game in 6 days - will be on their knees by half time.

With our run of fixtures, confident we'll go into the World Cup either top or second.

I really wish you wouldn't do this. You've been asked so many times no to - least of all because it nearly always ends badly for Rovers and you end up looking silly - again

It's not clever or funny. Please desist

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think many will agree, at times, JDT has made some bizarre decisions in selection of tactics and players.  Maybe some naivety about Championship football, maybe not.

IF he is learning and putting into practice his learnings from his previous mistakes then I think we have a great chance of going up from what I think is a p1ss poor league.

Selection of tactics? Yet we are 2nd in the league. 

I think he is learning each and every day but so are the players aswell. 

I disagree on your comment on the league. Its very enjoyable and quality league. I rather watch Championship football compare to the champions league which I have little interest in watching it. 

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF, however, he continues to get it wrong in some matches to come then who wouldn't have great concerns?

Great concerns? 2nd in the league. Good job we aren't mid table isn't it. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I really wish you wouldn't do this. You've been asked so many times no to - least of all because it nearly always ends badly for Rovers and you end up looking silly - again

It's not clever or funny. Please desist

It’s one guy giving a prediction on a forum- if we stopped him doing that, we would have to stop everyone. You could always desist viewing his posts or put the bloke on ignore?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Birmingham are a decent team and we have to draw sometime. We often struggle to have a single shot on target, so...I think a goalless draw looks a good bet. 0-0. 

Often struggle to have a shot on target? Course we do 🤣 Either on the wind up or don't know what often means.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It’s one guy giving a prediction on a forum- if we stopped him doing that, we would have to stop everyone. You could always desist viewing his posts or put the bloke on ignore?

He's an excellent poster - I'm just asking him to stop predicting easy Rovers wins (contradictory phrase, let's face it), not the moderators

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nailed on 3 points.

Brum's 3rd game in 6 days - will be on their knees by half time.

With our run of fixtures, confident we'll go into the World Cup either top or second.

Just got Brum at 3/1.

Cheers pal.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking forward to tomorrow game and being at Ewood Park. 

My team for tomorrow game would be 

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton

Brittain Szmodics Travis Morton Hedges

Gallagher BBD

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Pickering, Garrett, Wharton, Dolan, Hirst

Interesting comment their Mercer given your comments post Wigan game about having great concerns about JDT and then 2 games lately which we won both and are 2nd now has changed your opinion all of sudden? whilst I have been very confident in JDT ability to be a success here despite a few poor performances this season.

Good to see you're on the 352 train now too Chadders!

As always with the Championship any team gets a couple of good performances in a new system before other managers start to watch the videos back and adapt.... I'm wondering what the oppo will do. Hard for me to figure out though.

Can't out number us in midfield as we have three in there, hard to outnumber us down the flanks as the wide CBs and CMs can provide additional cover to the wing backs, hard to play it long as Scott Wharton, Hyam etc will head out with ease, hard to play a high line due to Breretons and Gallaghers pace, hard to play deep as Adam Wharton will pick the passes.

I'm sure there will be something we haven't thought of but it's great to go into a game feeling confident we are competitive and will cause problems in every area of the pitch.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Good to see you're on the 352 train now too Chadders!

As always with the Championship any team gets a couple of good performances in a new system before other managers start to watch the videos back and adapt.... I'm wondering what the oppo will do. Hard for me to figure out though.

Can't out number us in midfield as we have three in there, hard to outnumber us down the flanks as the wide CBs and CMs can provide additional cover to the wing backs, hard to play it long as Scott Wharton, Hyam etc will head out with ease, hard to play a high line due to Breretons and Gallaghers pace, hard to play deep as Adam Wharton will pick the passes.

I'm sure there will be something we haven't thought of but it's great to go into a game feeling confident we are competitive and will cause problems in every area of the pitch.

Usually the only way to beat a solid foundation, is to have better players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Big Club are the sort of team we usually struggle against. They’ll let us have all the ball and just wait for the inevitable mistake at the back. Let’s see if JDT has learnt anything from the previous defeats.

Beaten them four times on the spin - without trying to pull a Merce, there should be nothing to fear here and hopefully we’ll have the 3 points come 5pm! COYB.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Beaten them four times on the spin - without trying to pull a Merce, there should be nothing to fear here and hopefully we’ll have the 3 points come 5pm! COYB.

They're a different beast this year, or at least have been so far.

New manager seems to have a lot about him, but hopefully our home form will see us over the line.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

They're a different beast this year, or at least have been so far.

New manager seems to have a lot about him, but hopefully our home form will see us over the line.

Bit of an overstatement in my opinion. Still sh1te and a couple of man utd 20 year old rejects doesn’t make you a different beast

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

I’m flying over with 3 Czech friends for the game. Can anyone recommend a decent pub pre-match which has the Liverpool or Blackpool game and preferably a decent pint? 

Brilliant effort. 

As others have said, the Fox & Hounds on the McDonald's roundabout, has loads of screens, even outside on this beautiful day, and although busy, you will be served quickly. 

Only 1 minute walk to the ground. Enjoy! 

I really think Brittain must start more or less every game. Trust me, when he has a run of games, we will see just how creative and effective he is. 

You can't drop Hedges after his MoM performance on Tuesday, so Pickering must warm the bench. 

I'm worried about Travis interrupting our generally positive forward-thinking flow, with his crass inability to think quickly and select an accurate forward pass. I know you will say that's not his game, but it needs to improve if he wants to play every game. I still think the future is Travis, Wharton & Morton in midfield, with Gally and BBD up front.This allows Travis the easier job of breaking up attacks, and making simple 15 yard passes to our 2 starlets. 

Who knows what JDT will surprise us with today, but I fear Pickering will return at the expense of our best full-back/wing-back. 

Glorious day for a wander down to Ewood. COYB!!!

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 8

There aren't many nailed on 3 points in this league especially when playing another solid well established Championship side.

Another tough game today that will likely be decided by a touch of class from Brereton or someone or a mistake.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Bit of an overstatement in my opinion. Still sh1te and a couple of man utd 20 year old rejects doesn’t make you a different beast

Possibly. At the start of the season I'd have had them right down at the bottom though, and their recent away form is pretty impressive.

I'd still back us to win at Ewood, but they're no mugs this year.

Today we face another club that have been chewed up and spat out by appalling foreign ownership, yet who really suffers? Yes its the fans, always those loyal fans.....

When will the football authorities in this country put a stop these fly by night arseholes ruining our clubs.......

Blackburn Rovers 3 Birmingham City 1

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

I really think Brittain must start more or less every game. Trust me, when he has a run of games, we will see just how creative and effective he is. 

You can't drop Hedges after his MoM performance on Tuesday, so Pickering must warm the bench. 

I'm worried about Travis interrupting our generally positive forward-thinking flow, with his crass inability to think quickly and select an accurate forward pass. I know you will say that's not his game, but it needs to improve if he wants to play every game. I still think the future is Travis, Wharton & Morton in midfield, with Gally and BBD up front.This allows Travis the easier job of breaking up attacks, and making simple 15 yard passes to our 2 starlets. 

Who knows what JDT will surprise us with today, but I fear Pickering will return at the expense of our best full-back/wing-back. 

Glorious day for a wander down to Ewood. COYB!!!

Ditto.

Personally I think brittain Is the best fullback In the league.  So he has to play every game.  Like I said during the Sunderland game he will be a premiership player one way or the other next season 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2