v Birmingham City (h) 22/10/2022

Result  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

5 hours ago, Silas said:

We're World beaters at home against Birmingham in October dating back to 1922.

They've never beaten us. Record reads:

DWWWWWW

That irrelevant and useless fact gives me full confidence we're going 3 wins on the spin. 

2-1. 

Odd, it gives me full confidence we will lose. And it will be your fault, for having made this record known. We are the enders of streaks, whether good or bad ones, especially when they're spoken of.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, superniko said:

I agree I think that’s the team he’ll go with, and also agree with the rest of the post. Perhaps small chance he rests Morton - seems to be the only player in the middle who he hasn’t yet and he likes to rotate 

I did think about him resting Morton but I think the fact there’s a week until we play again and with Morton being the pivot (receiver off the cb’s) he’ll stay in…let’s see 🤷🏽‍♂️

22 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Is Travis not still suspended?

Just one game for 5 yellows I think. Expect he’ll be back in.

20 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Just the one game for 5 yellows wasn't it? I assumed he would be back for this one anyway.

Hopefully with an extra days rest and with a full week coming up, there's no need for much rotation. Equally, there are first teamers who will be coming back into contention, so you'd expect a couple of changes on that basis. I'd have the same team as @Paul Mani only with Pickering coming in, although I'm sure if that leaves Hedges on the bench or playing elsewhere. 

They've been much better than I expected this year, but I still think we'll beat them at home.

2-0 Rovers.

I did think about Pickering and suspect he might come back in but I love Hedges and Brittain…

19 hours ago, rigger said:

I'd have Vale over Hirst on the bench, I agree with the rest

I went back and forth on this with my final rationale being….I don’t think Vale’s ready yet and if we never play Hirst then how do we know if he can be or not? Flip of a coin job really. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I did think about him resting Morton but I think the fact there’s a week until we play again and with Morton being the pivot (receiver off the cb’s) he’ll stay in…let’s see 🤷🏽‍♂️

I did think about Pickering and suspect he might come back in but I love Hedges and Brittain…

I went back and forth on this with my final rationale being….I don’t think Vale’s ready yet and if we never play Hirst then how do we know if he can be or not? Flip of a coin job really. 

Vale has never offered anything when he's played in the Championship. I'd rather have Hirst on the bench.

• Like 2

I was just checking Birminghams Twitter and noticed that they have half season tickets on sale and 25% of the money goes to supporting local food banks. Well done Birmingham on both counts.

Hopefully our half season tickets are on sale soon to cash in on the current league position. And the sales blurb surely has to offer the inducement of that lot at home in March.

• Like 9

Having moved house to live quite close to Birmingham only in the last couple of weeks, and my son being married into a Birmingham supporting family this is an awkward one. But from what I hear, they don't fancy their chances much, so I am hoping for a narrow win ( 2-1).

But, I have a feeling it will be the first draw of the season.....

Edited by TonyM

• Backroom
11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Odd, it gives me full confidence we will lose. And it will be your fault, for having made this record known. We are the enders of streaks, whether good or bad ones, especially when they're spoken of.

😟😟

Nah, think you've got our DNA wrong, lab must have mixed up the samples. 

We're the ender of streaks for a team on bad times desperate for a result. One that hasn't won at home all season, hasn't scored a goal in 9 hrs of football, hasn't scored a set piece since 2019 etc etc.

Our own runs, good or bad, we tend to keep going. See the QPR win and Wigan loss this season as evidence. And Burnley and West Ham to come in next month. 

Now, if Birmingham were on some bad run of form recently I'd be worried, but as they've been doing ok, I'm less concerned. 

Keep the faith! 

And definitely don't blame me if the faith is unrewarded....... I'll be in hiding anyway. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Send them an email with your suggestions!

Pointless. Imo, the outright refusal to engage with supporters en masse is why they keep getting so many decisions wrong re: what fans actually want from the matchday experience.

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Send them an email with your suggestions!

The opportunity to get half season tickets on sale early (whilst we are doing well) shouldn't need supporters to 'suggest' that to them. Isn't increasing revenue part of Swag's brief?

Well looking at this article they went on sale on the 29th October last season, so  presumably then they will be available from next week?

With the team in a position that is surely enticing for a floating fan, it’s a no brainer (surely)…

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-half-season-ticket-22012663.amp

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I am basing my judgement about Hirst from what I have seen for the U21s. I am not very impressed.

Markanday keeps on scoring for the U21s and should be ahead of Vale...

Pickering and Travis back for Birmingham hopefully are both refreshed and ready to battle.

Ayala could also return as he trained yesterday.

Alot of players will find themselves out of the first 18....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

I’m flying over with 3 Czech friends for the game. Can anyone recommend a decent pub pre-match which has the Liverpool or Blackpool game and preferably a decent pint? We get to Blackburn station around 12:15.

thanks

try the fox and hounds literally across the road from the ground,gets busy though ,further up the road is the brown cow,alternatively the fernhurst,even nearer the ground,though the away fans tend to congregate in their and birmingham fans ar`nt noted for their friendly nature

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Markanday keeps on scoring for the U21s and should be ahead of Vale...

Pickering and Travis back for Birmingham hopefully are both refreshed and ready to battle.

Ayala could also return as he trained yesterday.

Alot of players will find themselves out of the first 18....

Have you seen Markanday play? As a winger he is awful, he is nowhere near good enough to take a first team central striker role. He may become a first team player in the future, but for me ,at present, he is miles away.