BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’m going to open a nice bottle of red to celebrate. 

Mola has been spotted at Farsley Celtic today.

😂😂 

In seriousness though I'm glad because it's an admission from Tomasson and Broughton that they got it wrong. Hopefully his replacement can at least contribute something.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

No chance of £15mil for BBD

I'd be careful if I was BBD too, Everton are a shambles, West ham struggling too, Newcastle will probably replace him within 6 to 12 months with a huge cash signing ha,  he doesn't deserve to just become a bit part player anywhere, deserves to be starting where ever he goes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m astounded much like Kompany raiding City for players we’ve not been in for any AC Milan or Serie A youngsters considering that’s where JDT made his name. 

Luis Binks - English, Bologna, 21, Spurs Academy Graduate, left back/left centre back. 

Never seen him play, know nothing about him. Go get him on loan. 

Kompany just left City a few seasons ago and was captain under Pep so that link is a bit more 'fresh'. 

Also, JDT is the coach so you should ask why is Broughton not intercepting any of the players returning to Bodø/Glimt?

• Like 1

Nor is there ever any middle ground with Venkys.

Of course they are perfectly entitled to demand whatever they want for a player under contract and if they are willing to run the risk of losing him for nothing that's their choice. If BBD stays, scores the goals to get us in the top 6 and the winner at Wembley it will be a masterstroke.

The problem is that they or their finance men have imposed a strict wage structure, which has seen new contracts dry up in recent years and is why we rarely sign proven experienced quality. 

It doesn't seem to feature in their thinking that rather than let a player leave for £0 and then have to replace quality in the market in the summer with little money and limited wages that they could avoid it all by increasing the wage budget and ensuring the likes of Waggott get these contracts sorted well in advance. Instead they carry on with it and let these situations unfold.

Ah yes, its late Saturday and Nicko is along with another 'Rovers exclusive' 

Regular as clockwork just in time for the Sunday papers. He's so obvious.

BBD will be a case of £15m total down the line if he does well.

I don't think it's such a big ask. He's matured into a really good player that works his socks off for this team. If a PL team wants to secure him without too much competition, their chances are better now than come the summer when he'll have more offers.

52 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He might do okay again at that level. Certainly not a Championship level player.

If it's the one I'm thinking of j think he has struggled at Wigan at this level and also at Rangers. If I'm thinking of the wrong one ignore me! 

Mind you what we need is the right players. Kuqi was never Prem standard but worked in our team. Gestede hasn't really done much other than at Ewood. If you get the right fit then the players can make the step up if the role suits them. Unsure if that's the case here though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, me too. Matty was great but Bellamy had the X factor.

I think jansen was better. He had more technical ability than Bellamy.  Bellamy was quicker but jansen had that special talent. I can never forget that incredible debut goal v spurs. Everyone around me just stood up in amazement 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Their fans on Twitter say he was in the directors box for the match. Even if he has sneaked off, I’m sure JDT wouldn’t have even noticed. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out, he’ll always be remembered for that awful penalty miss away at Cardiff earlier in the season 🤢

Like Tom Lawrence and that miss against Burnley.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I think the talk of Gykores and Stewart is fantasy 

I think if we sign a striker in this window it will be someone we have never heard of 

It will be a deadline day swoop for Connor Wickham who will get injured on his debut and be out for the season.

Edited by BRFC_Polky

23 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I reckon Ross Stewart, Gykores (spelling) and Breo are all being looked at by bottom half Prem clubs,  i'll be happy if we have any of them for the 2nd half of the season .

I'm not sure many prem clubs would gamble on stewart after 6 months in the championship and a huge chunk of them injured. I think that's workable if there's money there.