BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

Just now, neophox said:

Best team won the game....nothing to say....we were toothless..... dont think its tactic....they're just a better team than us... they will win this league....We will need some maturity in midfeld as they crushed us there..... up to the goal  Mola was the best player.

And after he was a liability

Awful performance, main issue experience, experience, experience...The team got out fought and out thought nervous with the ball. We were so lost in possession the team was set up to defend the problem is if you don't have any players who can unlock the defence there is no point Garrett shouldn't have started for me, I would have rather seen Adam Wharton any day of the week. Hedges needs to play further up the pitch he isn't a RB Brittain should be there and Pickering should have started. It is a shame. I didn't expect a Win, given the Burnley team I thought a draw would be a good results but this lost in the manner that we did was awful. Well played Burnley they completely bullied us. 

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Tony Mowbray has absolutely fucking nothing to do with what we just witnesses. Absolutely zero. Embarrassing to look to him as the excuse. The man that oversaw that horror show is Jon Dahl Tomasson. Accept it.

I'll let Mowbray off the hook when JDT has had a few transfer windows to sort out the mess of a squad he's left behind.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Lost before the kick off. Negative mentality, poor team selection and players being led to believe they’re outclassed from the start. 

Agreed. We set up like we were playing Man City away or something. Defend defend defend. 
why not take the game to them. We were never gonna soak up 90 mins or pressure. What a joke 

• Like 4

• Backroom

Hard to accept some parts of that, the best team won but what hurts is they won at a canter.

They have some quality but to be out fought is shocking

JDT has to learn quickly we just aren’t good enough for the passing out from the back stuff 

Mola wasn’t great (putting it mildly second half) but I think the only player to even go in for a full blooded tackle

• Like 2

Having watched the match I did think before hand we would lose the problem we have is a lack of pace thought-out the team Burnley were quicker to the ball quicker movement off the day and beat out players for pace almost everytime.

Having said all that it will take time to build up the team I think another 18 months and we will see a team ready for going up. At the moment we are not ready.

Good to have a break work on the training pitch and we go again we are higher up then I thought we would beso at hard as it is learn from today and move on

• Like 1

There's so much wrong with our passing out from the back tactics but number one for me is our inability to complete a pass.

Giving the ball away is endemic this season, I've never seen it as bad in 60 years of supporting the Rovers.

You can't play and show your qualities if you don't have the ball.

What's the point of a superstar striker with no service other than the occasional long diagonal ball.

Bad bad bad day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

So so predictable - and sackable in its own right imo - meticulous in his prep apparently ..yeah right  - a fookin derby and they give arguably one of the worst performances ever in a derby that I have seen  - all evidence was there on how to get at them from the last couple of weeks and exactly what we shouldn't do   as in the pissing about with the ball at the back - Christ teams have gone there recently and given them a game - even Crawley - so much for knowing exactly what it was about and done by cart horse Barnes who the bunleh fans said was next to useless... Absolute bollux and again  sackable in its own right which ain't no knee jerk but many will disagree ... Today this is more than a disappointment or setback they are an embarrassment especially for the fans at the game ..no excuses

And apparently the reason we do all that shit at the back is to increase player value so we can sell them. I’m feel sick with that performance. Even when we beat Burnley they put it in passion commitment aggression. Nothing absolutely empty. If they new what it meant where was the effort. Just shameful 

• Like 1

Tomasson still has a lot to learn as a manager, some very odd team selections and no obvious plan b,c.. when things aren't going our way. BUT I am glad he's come hear to learn his trade, nobody really expected us to firmly be in the play off spots this season and most would have been content with mid table considering the squad we have at our disposal.

Hopefully our DF and his recruitment team will freshen the squad up in Jan now that theyve had a bit off time to get the lay of the land and hopefully JDT will use some of the break to reflect on things and bring a few fresh ideas to the table when we resume after the crappy world cup garbage.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

That was dire. 

Got it all wrong.

First proper cock up for me from JDT, we shouldn't be putting in a performance like that in game 21 when there's so much riding on it.

Overall he's been excellent so I'm not going to go ballistic on him, but he needs to admit that was completely unacceptable from everyone involved, barring TK.

5 weeks to the next match is a long time to wait for a chance of redemption.  

• Like 1