BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

1 minute ago, J*B said:

We can’t win a single challenge in midfield, that’s the problem here. Dack hasn’t - even before the ACLs - been capable of magic out of nowhere. If he isn’t getting service (because we can’t keep the ball) then it’s almost useless playing him. 

I know and I agree, think if he is to keep his place, which is what I want, he needs to alter his game a little. Get on the ball and make things tick, he has the brain to do it.

Morton has actually been ok in the middle and put himself about a bit too. Got the assist too, Buckley a complete passenger whose only contribution was conceeding a penalty. Needs replacing even if it's with the out of form and limited Travis.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The commentary on everyone of our games is embarrassing from Sky. It is so biased, every single time.

Never been one to think there’s a bias against us but Goodman seems to have a real dislike for us, the bit about Hedges felt very pointed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

We just aren't competing anywhere on the pitch, a yard behind and 2nd to everything. 

Got to start playing in their half and take it from there, we're an absolute liability when we try to play in our half.

Well we'll have to do it with the players on the pitch because there's nowt on our bench to make

a difference.

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Is it not just that they can clearly see how shit we are too? 

The football we play is pure entertainment thievery. We create nothing and either grind out a fluke and sit on the lead or we get smacked about without a hope. It's amazing they even show us tbh.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Markanday on for me. Only player we have on the bench with the ability to change a game.

I think that assessment is based on hope rather than anything. He’s produced very little in his admittedly limited opportunities. I think he will get eaten alive here.

The system is far more of a problem at the moment than the personnel. We aren’t even giving Brereton anything to run on to. Gallagher hasn’t had a header to contest. Dack hasn’t seen the ball in the final third.

• Like 2

Could be a good game for young Garrett perhaps? Can’t do worse than Buckley and at least shows some aggression. Our midfield have been pitiful. Still think we might win this as we only need one flash of brilliance up top as their defence is nothing to worry about.

• Like 2