BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

2 years on the run that Pears has got us out the cup with his dodgy keeping.  Sorry, I want my keepers to perform when it counts. Pears is bog standard.

I think that's overly harsh. Don't forget Pears also made a very good one on one save in the same game. I ceratainly don't reflect on the QF and blame him for the defeat. The defending for their 2nd and 3rd goals are the issues not the goalkeeping.

• Like 2

Kaminski is the better of the two goalkeepers and therefore should start for me. This part of the season is about playing your best XI, not time for sentiment.

21 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

More players to renew before the weekend. jRC and Carter perhaps.

Also BBD was supposed to be fine after the game the other day.

Screenshot_20230329-094701.png

Let's hope Carter and JRC will follow Scott Wharton. Then hopefully Dolan, Pears and Pickering 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

2 years on the run that Pears has got us out the cup with his dodgy keeping.  Sorry, I want my keepers to perform when it counts. Pears is bog standard.

No I'm not forgetting hence why I put on this seasons form.

edit- just realised that you count one of those years when Pears dropped us out of the as this season, when he saved two 1-on-1's. 

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, M_B said:

I think the point is that Pears hasn't really had to pull off any massive saves. 

On the whole, we've been solid and calm since he came back in. 

Wouldn't argue with either playing,both got strengths and weaknesses. 

A couple come to mind. Sheffield Uniteds second goal. Readings equaliser. Neither could be considered big errors, but also ones where he didn't pull off a big save. 

He still deserves his place, but those are examples of Kaminski waiting in the wings possibly helping him pull out that extra 10% which can be decisive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kaminski saves the Sheff Utd winner.  In fact, any half decent keeper would have done.

Incredibly harsh for me. It's struck brilliantly, moving all over with power.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what we do, a real catch 22. If we start TK and he makes a mistake, we should've kept Pears, if Pears throws one in we should've started TK.

Tbh I'm happy with either but would prefer Pears to keep his spot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kaminski saves the Sheff Utd winner.  In fact, any half decent keeper would have done.

You are joking? The lad hit a brilliant strike into the top corner. In fact, there's not many goalkeepers in the world who would have stopped it

It would be incredibly harsh on Pears if he were dropped. Has he made a mistake? I can think of one maybe since he came in but he's done little wrong otherwise, whereas Kaminski has cost us quite a few goals this season and looked lacking in confidence before he went out of the side

Dependent on form the rule is you play your best XI but I'd say it's a toss-up between Pears and Kaminski as to which is the better of the two. Pears certainly is better at playing the ball around at the back - which is a key part of our game

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

you are kidding right?

A speculative shot at pace and with swerve? No keeper had a chance for it let alone TK. Prior to that he had kept us in the game with 2 one on one saves.

I read your posts and really wonder at times why you are not employed in the higher echelons of the football world instead of lounging and posting n message boards like this😀.

He doenst deserve to be dropped he is there on merit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

you are kidding right?

A speculative shot at pace and with swerve? No keeper had a chance for it let alone TK. Prior to that he had kept us in the game with 2 one on one saves.

I read your posts and really wonder at times why you are not employed in the higher echelons of the football world instead of lounging and posting n message boards like this😀.

He doenst deserve to be dropped he is there on merit

Weak hands, should have saved it.  A good goalie saves that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I disagree, the ball was swerving away from him and was at pace and with these footballs he didn't have a chance in fact he did well to get a glove on it. We can agree to disagree on that!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And if the ball hadn't been lost in midfield, if the RB had closed down the break on the left, if the defence had got out and closed Doyle down quicker.

It was a good shot and yes possibly a better keeper would have saved it but lets not blame him for putting out the cup. It wasn't a mistake.

Kaminski was making mistakes regularly so he may have saved it but also he may have passed across his back line to a centre forward as well. Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1

Regarding Pears, he's done superbly since standing in for Kaminski, but I think he's been a little bit off it in the last few games.

If we were in a play-off final, and both 'keepers were fully fit, I'd have to bottle it and go with Kaminski. I'd get him back between the sticks when he's ready. He is still our best goalkeeper, but it's been great to see Pears redeem himself in the eyes of the supporters.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Hasta said:

From the World Cup break onwards there were a few goals where you felt Kaminsky could have done better. His form wasn't top notch up to the injury. Pears has surprised us all, and there are very few, if any, instances I can think of where I have thought “Kaminsky would have done better there”. 

Therefore it is counter productive to the whole squads mentality if you come in and do a better job than the previous incumbent on form, and yet are then dropped. Pears remains number one for me.

I think Pears' kickingnis better and I feel a little better with him when we are fannying around at the back.  He has made some really good stops.  Has to keep the gloves for me.

I see in my time away, Blackburn folk have not lost their love of being miserable and put upon.

Joining in the spirit, I am ecstatic JDT has the opportunity to get moaned at and make lots of folks unhappy.

Pears or TK

JRC or Brittain

2 from Ayala, Carter, Hyam and Scott Wharton

4 from Hedges, Szmodics, Thomas, Dolan, Brereton Diaz and Gallagher

Run out off the bench for Adam Wharton, Jake Garret or Ash Phillips if we have a cushion? 

Assuming Pickering, Morton and Travis are picked, two of these named won't even get on the bench. Whither Edun and Mola?

38 minutes ago, philipl said:

I see in my time away, Blackburn folk have not lost their love of being miserable and put upon.

Joining in the spirit, I am ecstatic JDT has the opportunity to get moaned at and make lots of folks unhappy.

Pears or TK

JRC or Brittain

Run out off the bench for Adam Wharton, Jake Garret or Ash Phillips if we have a cushion? 

Assuming Pickering, Morton and Travis are picked, two of these named won't even get on the bench. Whither Edun and Mola?

Yes, we have a really good all round, young squad and manager with cover in nearly all positions, and continued development and improvement to come. If you put a top striker up front and maybe a bit more experience in midfield then we would be right up for automatic promotion.

We've got a team and squad to be positive about.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, philipl said:

Pears or TK

JRC or Brittain

Not sure this thread was evidence of people moaning, the only thing I saw was a pretty sensible debate about which keeper should start. The general consensus appears to be that you can make a case for either, with some favouring one or the other with very good reasons. I don't think you'll find much moaning (at least from those on this thread) if JDT opts for the other. 

I fully agree though we're in a really nice position with regards to squad depth. We're no longer an injury away from crisis in most positions, and I think JDT's flexible, 'no shame in playing for the under 21s' approach has helped with this. Potential replacements are match fit and raring to go, with nobody assured of a place. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Kaminski is the better of the two goalkeepers and therefore should start for me. This part of the season is about playing your best XI, not time for sentiment.

Pears has been part of the best 11 and throwing TK straight back in could be argued is the very definition of sentiment.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Jesus, lots of mediocre in there.

A lot of squad players, if you're a strong team - but either way they're assets that can be sold if they're under contract.

I much prefer this to letting everyone slink away for free.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A lot of squad players, if you're a strong team - but either way they're assets that can be sold if they're under contract.

I much prefer this to letting everyone slink away for free.

I'm not saying don't sign them, just hope he can get another tune out of some mediocre 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1