BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Let’s not forget if we hadn’t have had McGuire in a Sheffield hotel for hours on deadline day, we would have had plenty more time to get the paperwork done. The reason he was there — “Rovers directors told Orlando they didn’t have the funds for the deal”.

Probs Greggy having a nice Italian with him.....got to show them a good time ..🤝

Oops....Greggy the fall guy.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Let’s not forget if we hadn’t have had McGuire in a Sheffield hotel for hours on deadline day, we would have had plenty more time to get the paperwork done. The reason he was there — “Rovers directors told Orlando they didn’t have the funds for the deal”.

I wonder who paid that hotel bill ? Sheff Weds ? 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I wonder who paid that hotel bill ? Sheff Weds ? 😆

Well it wouldn't be us would it? if it were us he'd have been stood outside an IBIS for a week waiting for Madame to approve someone buying him a bacon butty while he waits to figure out what the hell is going on. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

In the normal world if I were to do my BAU activities in my job then it will get done correctly without issues. In my experience the time it's difficult to do my job is when people from above get involved and make strange demands/requests or don't pass on the right information then that's when it becomes a mess. It wouldn't surprise me if that's happened here.

And it has happened when larger Sims of money (and/or ambition) have been involved…

Do the dingles have a covert operative in situ or is some doing the owners bidding in a very underhand way…

Deliberate confusion and contradictory information is pretty standard operating procedure for sabotaging something 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Suhail/Waggott working against Gregg/JDT, perhaps. JDT must be pretty close to Broughton and has taken the piss out of Waggott in media interviews over the bus. When I watched those comments, I thought it was pretty clear JDT thinks Waggott is a fucking idiot.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

In the normal world if I were to do my BAU activities in my job then it will get done correctly without issues. In my experience the time it's difficult to do my job is when people from above get involved and make strange demands/requests or don't pass on the right information then that's when it becomes a mess. It wouldn't surprise me if that's happened here.

I've worked in an organisation that was rated outstanding, a year later it was almost impossible to do our jobs due to heavy budget cuts, redundancies and interference.  It went from a great job to a place you wouldn't want to be. Management would regularly ask us why things weren't working as they should, which was a surprise as we were getting the job done. However they wanted us to cover their backs. They would dismiss claims that we were stretched too thin by saying "we're all in it together." The boss of the company gave himself an £120,000 bonus at Christmas, as well as bonuses for his managers, whilst making more redundant.

The building is now bulldozed to the ground. At his next job, the boss was eventually put on gardening leave and investigated for gross misconduct.

Not easy working under greed and incompetence.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

This Is what we're up against 

Screenshot_20240204-190226_Samsung Internet.jpg

When I read things like this, I can't help but think a lot of it is just a contrarian cry for attention. People love to play the look at me on social media. His first line is all that needs to be said. Penny will drop one day, once the tide turns (and it will) everyone will be posting "superfan" posts about how they are saving the club and have been against venkys from the start. Its just social media bollocks. 

Give a monkey a typewriter and all that.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

More like a cheese butty badly wrapped in cellophane, a jammy Wagon Wheel, and a small bottle of Panda pop on the go.

Just a cheese filling, with nothing else in there? 

Good, that's just the bloody worst mate so dry. Can't believe they didn't put some pickle in to take the edge off. 

And panda pops, that's the real cheap and nasty one isn't it? Ooooof. 

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

If the funds werent there, then that is down to the owners, not to shoot the messenger.

But you are right in that the dilly dallying has put a right spanner in the works.

23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

This Is what we're up against 

Screenshot_20240204-190226_Samsung Internet.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any recognition whatsoever on the LT comments or on certain fans groups that we're at the mercy of an Indian Court and that it's the owners' fault because they made illegal payments.

It's like it never happened.

Mind you most on here seem to be equally in denial that certain  employees at the Club could ever do anything wrong.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If the funds werent there, then that is down to the owners, not to shoot the messenger.

But you are right in that the dilly dallying has put a right spanner in the works.

If he’s already in the country and you know funds will land from Palace, it would be advantageous to pick him up from the airport and get the basics underway whilst you wait!

• Like 3

Venkys did pay 7m for Brereton and get nothing for him to be fair. Although it was their bloody stupidity that let that happen by rejecting a bid in excess of 7m with a year left on his deal.

They were never going to spend 5m on McGuire either. They were going to spend half of that, which is about an eighth of the fee they had just received for a player that cost nothing, then they pulled the plug on that, messed the player around and then a loan fell through.

Saturdays backlash was totally organic, and that might hold the key. The atmosphere was really supportive of the team and the trigger point was the 2nd goal when Venkys (who will be none the wiser sadly, theyve never graced us with their presence in nearly a decade) and Waggott really got it in the neck. It was pleasantly surprising to see how much stick they got and it was a considerable quantity. It also was clearly coupled with support for the team and manager.

That is the difficulty with organised protests mid game. You will often get people who in many cases dont attend encouraging people to invade the pitch and stop the game, obviously its not them that will get banned and potential criminal proceedings. Marches before games may have more luck I guess but even then, will the numbers even match the days of Kean etc? But it now feels like if we go a goal or two down, there for the first time in a long, long time, there is genuine ill feeling ready  to erupt audibly in the stadium. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Venkys did pay 7m for Brereton and get nothing for him to be fair. Although it was their bloody stupidity that let that happen by rejecting a bid in excess of 7m with a year left on his deal.

They were never going to spend 5m on McGuire either. They were going to spend half of that, which is about an eighth of the fee they had just received for a player that cost nothing, then they pulled the plug on that, messed the player around and then a loan fell through.

Saturdays backlash was totally organic, and that might hold the key. The atmosphere was really supportive of the team and the trigger point was the 2nd goal when Venkys (who will be none the wiser sadly, theyve never graced us with their presence in nearly a decade) and Waggott really got it in the neck. It was pleasantly surprising to see how much stick they got and it was a considerable quantity. It also was clearly coupled with support for the team and manager.

That is the difficulty with organised protests mid game. You will often get people who in many cases dont attend encouraging people to invade the pitch and stop the game, obviously its not them that will get banned and potential criminal proceedings. Marches before games may have more luck I guess but even then, will the numbers even match the days of Kean etc? But it now feels like if we go a goal or two down, there for the first time in a long, long time, there is genuine ill feeling ready  to erupt audibly in the stadium. 

As a Rovers fan going back to childhood and Saxton i can in my personal view say the only real uprisings of anger have been totally organic inside the ground. When Rovers fans finally blow they blow and i suppose it's because we hold it back in so long beforehand giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Too polite a crowd at times but the ferocity when the point is tipped has surprised plenty and if they don't pull their fingers out their cushy little number is over.

• Like 3

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As a Rovers fan going back to childhood and Saxton i can in my personal view say the only real uprisings of anger have been totally organic inside the ground. When Rovers fans finally blow they blow and i suppose it's because we hold it back in so long beforehand giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Too polite a crowd at times but the ferocity when the point is tipped has surprised plenty and if they don't pull their fingers out their cushy little number is over.

I think Waggott and Venkys can count themselves VERY lucky we didn’t concede a third vs QPR. I felt it was about to tip.

• Like 6

Every fan knew the Wharton deal would get done and it did. Simple as that.

We'd have been more prepared than the club was. The place is rotten and a shambles.

We should have an open top tour when the Rao's fuck off!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think Waggott and Venkys can count themselves VERY lucky we didn’t concede a third vs QPR. I felt it was about to tip.

You ever seen Khartoum the movie? Wouldn't recommend Khartoum the tourist destination, but that's a whole other story. 

Anyways, if gets to the business party of the movie and we'll not mention yer man olivier's dodgy blackface. So there's athletic Charlton at the top of the stairs, and he's cornered by the Mahdi's top lads all rolled up and quite honestly this is only going one way. 

So yeah, that could be Waggott at this rate. Except his fat fucking swede would never fit inside the pickle jar. 

Edit: and the rest of him might dam the Ribble. Here you go, Gordon's alive! But not for very long. "look, lads, let's be sensible here, we'll spend the Wharton dough in the sum..... AIIIIIIIIE!" 

Edited by broadsword

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Saxtons time was up , I was present at at one of the protests outside the main office , it took only a couple of weeks before he went ..Xmas 86 I think....

Jim Iley got a lot of abuse from basically game 1 , I think he went in early October .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I heard a similar conversation when I was leaving the Jack Walker on Saturday. I was too dejected to slap them both in the face. 

Nearly chinned the bloke behind me in the BBE on sat - I joined in with the Venky's out chant & he said "we'd be in a hell of a mess without 'em!"

This is a guy around my age, sat behind me for years who I thought would know better!

Trying my best to be reasonable  I just said " well it can't get much fucking worse! Do your homework!"

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Saxtons time was up , I was present at at one of the protests outside the main office , it took only a couple of weeks before he went ..Xmas 86 I think....

Jim Iley got a lot of abuse from basically game 1 , I think he went in early October .

That's the one i remember when it all blew against Saxton and although his time was done it was probably nowhere near as farcical as it is now on and off the pitch.