BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

57 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've been wondering that for a while given his strange proximity to the club despite not occupying any official position.

Cheap and with no experience, but the added bonus of being an ex player which they will want to exploit with the fanbase. 

I remember seeing Rudy in the club shop in January and no one seemed to have any idea why he was being shown around. It would be complete Waggott to put a novice ex-Rover in to act as a shield.

My bigger worry is that this is clearly a power grab and we're about to see another round of transfers that happen to be related to a very small number of agents/contacts. 

• Like 3

What sort of football club would appoint a DofF who has never done the job at any level? Can’t believe that even the current regime at BRFC would be daft enough to make such a move……..hang on though, we aren’t a normally run football club so it might happen.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The never ending Venky rebuild continues. Those down the chain moved out or forced out because they can't work for the scum.

The scum and their henchmen keep on going. No end in sight for them.

I just hope nobody is fooled by this. Its a typical Venky / Waggott stunt to convince people the problem has been addressed.

Con.

Egg zactly. 

Only thing that will turn it round is the slumrats selling and the Jerome crew and rest of disease eradicating

• Like 1

If someone else is appointed to the role then we could do a lot worse than look at Gary Bowyer (if he be interested in that sort of role). I never rated him as a coach but he undoubtedly had a good eye when it came to recruiting players on a modest budget, he also knows what he will be working with in terms of the circus that is the ownership and he knows our academy well.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If someone else is appointed to the role then we could do a lot worse than look at Gary Bowyer (if he be interested in that sort of role). I never rated him as a coach but he undoubtedly had a good eye when it came to recruiting players on a modest budget, he also knows what he will be working with in terms of the circus that is the ownership and he knows our academy well.

Watch it be Tony Mowbray.

That would be an absolute disaster.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I remember seeing Rudy in the club shop in January and no one seemed to have any idea why he was being shown around. It would be complete Waggott to put a novice ex-Rover in to act as a shield.

My bigger worry is that this is clearly a power grab and we're about to see another round of transfers that happen to be related to a very small number of agents/contacts. 

Yes, and we heard it with rumours recently of Tugay coming in for some sort of 'ambassador role'

Waggott ain't totally daft. He knows an easy and relatively cheap way to head off trouble is to install a popular ex-player in a blaze of publicity, wheel him out for the Telegraph and Forums and half the job is done. 

It was easy when Mowbray was here because he could regale people with his 'I'm a working class Boro lad brought up in the 70s' stories over tea and biscuits but without Mowbray there it's harder. 

Basically a human shield to keep him out of the firing line. He knows the anger in the stands is building and on more than one occasion he was the target of chants.

You're probably right. Life here appears to be one long story of various factions grabbing power and then being undermined. We've been through it so many times. Embark on something, look to make progress and then rip it all up and start again at square one

"We can't affect what's happened before we've just got to move on to the future" will be Eustace's line when the 'new regime' is unveiled

Well I'm not forgiving or forgetting.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Think you'll find his dad was behind a lot of it!  Ian Bowyer (dad) was a very intelligent footballer who won honours at the highest level (European Cups).

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Giant said:

Does anyone actually believe that Nixon is correct with this speculation?

Yep.

IMO, Broughton has been a 'spare part' since Feb and the reasons for his delayed departure are financial. 

• Like 5

Makes sense now why he made that 'long awaited' interview after the transfer window with a random news outlet instead of the official outlet or the LET. 

Wonder if we'll scrap the model alltogether and go back to JE being more of a yes-man like Mowbray and report directly to Waggott instead of a middle man that holds no power anyway. Failed project because they stopped funding it. 

A damn shame.

• Like 2

Broughton has been on borrowed time for a while now. After ballsing up 3 (3!!) transfers under his watch it was only a matter of time till he was sacked.

As others have said, a clear (and clever) power grab move by Waggott. 

If they replace him, it'll probably be a Waggott recommendation, which will undoubtedly be lower in the food chain than he is.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

I must admit that Broughton has never convinced me due to his lack of experience at first team level.  We've had managers in the past with no money to spend but who brought in players for next to nothing who could actually do a job.  Broughton seemed happier at Academy level.   

If rumours about Rudy are true I'd be more than happy.

An absolute joke of a post. Which says something because I only disagree with the last sentence.

Presumably now then the new Director of Football (Rudy or someone else) will have to come in, rapidly assess the situation and then make decisions.

This will start with manager and coaching staff, and I can only assume the Director of Football will have the capability to remove Eustace and appoint his 'own man' as manager if he considers that appropriate in pursuit of our 'strategy'.

If not then there really is no point in appointing one, because he has to be in control of footballing decisions and if he's basically told he's working with what he has then he ain't a Director of Football.

• Like 2

I’m sure he’s been totally shafted by the club. He will not have signed up to the “Brentford model” with the caveat of no money to spend and selling anyone able to ascend beyond mediocre or simply let them walk out of the door. A project doomed to fail but until these people speak out against the club I’ll view them as complicit in its demise. 

• Like 5

Makes sense then. Rudy has been learning while they've kept GB on grass. Won't be an unpopular replacement as he's a fans favourite... cheap option too. They've been bringing back some legends lately as well to appease the fans. 

Waggott and Venky's out.

57 minutes ago, Giant said:

What sort of football club would appoint a DofF who has never done the job at any level? Can’t believe that even the current regime at BRFC would be daft enough to make such a move……..hang on though, we aren’t a normally run football club so it might happen.

They have to start somewhere.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Presumably now then the new Director of Football (Rudy or someone else) will have to come in, rapidly assess the situation and then make decisions.

This will start with manager and coaching staff, and I can only assume the Director of Football will have the capability to remove Eustace and appoint his 'own man' as manager if he considers that appropriate in pursuit of our 'strategy'.

If not then there really is no point in appointing one, because he has to be in control of footballing decisions and if he's basically told he's working with what he has then he ain't a Director of Football.

or he is coming in cos he is happy with Eustace has head coach. 

Bigger questions are, we will spend this summer and what's the budget going forward? Is Eustace with that? 

It's negative news for me.
Between GB and JDT we appeared to have a plan, a vision and a mission - with a process of how to get there.

Obviously this was hamstrung by the likes of Waggott and the lack of funds / failure to finalise some key deals when they were already over the line.

As for Gestede, the nicest thing I can say about him is that he played me in for a shot on target in the 2nd half of the charity game at Ewood last week (when he probably should have shot).
As a DoF, who knows.

Does it really matter anymore?
The end result will almost certainly be the same irrespective of who the Head Coach, or DoF, or Club Secretary is.

• Like 9