BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

31 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Sorry, I forgot that everyone has to share your views.  Personally, Broughton never convinced me that he was up to bringing the required standard of player on a very limited budget.  Managers like Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Saxton and Don Mackay all had little or no money to spend built decent teams nonetheless.  

He brought in JDT who for me was the best manager we've had since relagtion from the prem and signed szmodics. He's also being replaced by either waggott or nobody. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's not a popularity contest. I couldn't care less if someone is aloof if they are good at their job.

Too much of this down there. It's why Mowbray was worshipped with his tea and biscuits routine reminiscing about growing up in 70s Middlesbrough and presumably why Waggott has got his feet under the table so comfortably.

I honestly don't think GB was very good at his job.  As always football is a game of opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

I honestly don't think GB was very good at his job.  As always football is a game of opinions.

I agree. Put all the other nonsense to one side, it still doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't up to much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He thanks lots of people but omits the likes of Waggott, Suhail and the owners. To me that speaks volumes and indicates who the real problems at the club are.

I thought exactly the same, as we all very much know. The nameless are the stumbling blocks to our growth.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He thanks lots of people but omits the likes of Waggott, Suhail and the owners. To me that speaks volumes and indicates who the real problems at the club are.

i didn`t think greg was up to much but he pales into insignificance compared to swag,venkys and suhail,the club is rotting away with those three

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

You might well be right, I really don't know the bloke or think it is fair to judge him on 3.5 windows mostly of fiasco and drastic cuts.

• Like 2

I think Gregg did a brilliant job in getting players signed up to long term deals- this will come in handy moving forward. 
His transfers are mixed- however ultimately there were far too many duds, especially with the loans.

The statement on the website says a lot about how he left, class less in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

As fans, transfers are probably what cause the most excitement/consternation, but a DoF isn’t solely judged on them, so he’s right to put his record down in a public forum, because I believe it stacks up.

Equally, as fans, we’re entitled to our opinions and I know some disagree with mine. After a point, we’re all working with the same information, so it’s fully subjective.

Interesting, though, that a club employee had their say in the comments below his post (see image attached).

There’s something in this that strikes a bit of fear into me, when combined with the retained list announced today (John Fleck earning probably £450k for 17 mins of football simply cannot justify an extension).

I believe we’re much worse off with Waggott and Pasha tasked with the day-to-day footballing operations. Absolutely nobody fighting for a budget, trying to build a long-term strategy on the pitch/in the academy or nurturing the footballing side.

Waggott has had all the time in the world to develop the commercial strategy (his main remit) over the past two seasons and it’s now somehow worse.

Nobody should be celebrating this sacking, really, at the very least because of what it means: Waggott telling the owners that a DoF isn’t necessary/didn’t work and handing out contracts to The Boys. We’re not far from him trying to flog Brockhall again.

IMG_5096.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

A shameful statement from Rovers, whatever you think of GB's tenure.

Agreed.

I’m afraid the club is in the hands of disgusting people, and it’s sickening.

It’s time for the fans groups to stop appeasing Waggott.

They should simply tell him to do one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Sorry, I forgot that everyone has to share your views.  Personally, Broughton never convinced me that he was up to bringing the required standard of player on a very limited budget.  Managers like Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Saxton and Don Mackay all had little or no money to spend built decent teams nonetheless.  

The managers you have cited didn't have the upper management of the club actively working against them.

It not my 'view' that there were four transfers  sabotaged by those above him, that actually happened. And that's just ones we know about. 

Impossible to judge whether he was good or bad in those circumstances. 

• Like 1

I always liked Gregg and felt he got some unfair criticism from some on here.

Yes, you can point to some of his transfers being duds, but you have to consider the lack of backing and the sabotaged transfers (O'Brien, McGuire, Brierley, possibly Undav, etc).

Between GB and JTD we clearly had some ambition and a strategy to make the club better.
Sadly, the people higher up in the food chain didn't share those traits.

Very interesting note he makes on Szmodics and Hyam. And if true - which we have no reason to believe otherwise - it means that Waggott has lied directly to the faces of fans.

• Like 3

Sad to see the only guy with a plan at the club let go. A pointless position though when he was given 50p to work with.

Anyone who thinks Waggot is gonna do half the job Broughton did is living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What a ridiculous statement. 

Shows how little you understand about what has gone on at this club.

Behave yourself. Parsonblue can speak for himself, but it is clear he has been supporting this club for many a year through thick and thin. He’s been posting on this site for years and is contributions have been excellent 

To be fairly honest you are quite a terrible poster. I am not against a swear word, but your posts are both ladened with expletives and clearly lacking the awareness that not everybody will agree with you. Wind your neck in and understand that we are all supporters of Rovers here

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3