BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Rory Finneran---its started already! They'll be stealing them out of the crib soon!

https://the72.co.uk/2023/12/13/premier-league-clubs-have-watched-blackburn-rovers-record-breaking-talent-this-season/

Watched the replay of last nights game on RoversTV. 

Commentator said that he’s been offered a deal/scholarship but has yet to sign it.

Hopefully he signs the deal and looks at the like of the Whartons, Travis, JRC, Carter, Garrett and Leonard in the starting eleven and see there is a pathway to the first team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I've heard Cole from Barnsley is someone we have looked at... anyone seen anything of him.

I wonder if  his dad would give him some advice on negotiating with our CEO.

I imagine it would be along the lines of…

’Don’t believe a word that shyster says to you’

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I wonder if  his dad would give him some advice on negotiating with our CEO.

I imagine it would be along the lines of…

’Don’t believe a word that shyster says to you’

Or something like 'tell that f****** conman he owes me 60 grand'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neophox said:

There's a good player at Aberdeen who's contract is expiring in the summer of 2024. Lopes and is called Duk...would fit our model still quite young and skillful striker.

he`s good player,very quick,i think benfica own 50% of him so negotiations would be a bit difficult,the other centre forward at aberdeen miovski is the better option,though he would cost quite a bit

Just now, AJW said:

Shankland scores a lot of goals for Hearts , 28 years old don’t know his contract status but could be an option

Edit .. just seen he’s been linked with a £5m to Rangers … cross that one off then

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Rovers opening talks with Sigurdsson on a permanent deal 

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1209329740?-11198:839

The question has to be why. After a promising start Sigurdsson has been ordinary to say the least for the past 6 months. Some of his displays have been downright poor. He doesn’t look Championship standard to me. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The question has to be why. After a promising start Sigurdsson has been ordinary to say the least for the past 6 months. Some of his displays have been downright poor. He doesn’t look Championship standard to me. 

Quality player. No brainer for me to sign  him up and asap

• Like 3

Has some quality and his goalscoring record is 1 in 3 I think so not to be sniffed at. He goes missing though and his fitness can be an issue. I'd hope we can sign him up but wouldn't be devastated if he went elsewhere.....until he signs for another championship club of course, and takes them up.🤣

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Let's put things into perspective here...

Arnor Sigurdsson is an Icelandic international , who has Champions League experience and scored against Real Madrid - he's only 24, probably nowhere near his peak yet and has huge sell-on potential.

We, Blackburn Rovers, play in the Championship. We hardly have a pot to piss in, and have some of the worst owners in the country.

If manage to sign him permanently, for FREE... that is an unbelievable bit of business.

Also worth throwing in his actual performances that he has put in so far, which have in the main been pretty ordinary. 

I'd be pleased if we sign him in fairness, but that's only when taking into account his lack of pre-season and getting to grips with a new league, etc. So far he's shown that he can finish and not that much else, so I wouldn't be calling it unbelievable business at this stage. His ceiling should hopefully be quite a bit higher than he's currently showing. 

It's not entirely clear yet whether Siggy would represent brilliant business or risky business, given the inconsistencies in what we've had out of him and his injury issues.

That's why it's the perfect time to negotiate a deal in theory. I think he hasn't been properly fit for most of his time here, and if he had, and had been firing on all cylinders most weeks, we would already be utterly out of the race to sign him, let's face it. Hopefully if we do sign him, he's on the verge of full fitness and about to smash this league once the deal is done.

My only reservation is his stock was considered quite high when we brought him in initially, which seems to be when the 'deal in principle' was arranged. So I wonder how high those wages are, for a club who can't afford many players on high wages. It's unlikely his agent will want to climb down much, if at all, from what was agreed initially. But if we get him on reasonable wages he could turn into an absolute bargain.

• Like 1