BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Was watching liverpool fulham last night where Cairney, Reed and Tosin were on display for Fulham and Elliot involved for liverpool and thought about doing a slightly different 11 of players we've had since 2012 now playing in the premiership. Got depressed when deciding between Raya and Kaminski and gave up. 

As a rovers supporter, we're going through anxiety ,depression , abandonment , trust issues , rage and number of other psychological issues ...Worst is hope ,faith and belief 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do you remember the myth that was trotted out with some regularity about Venkys from 2012 to 2021 each transfer window that if we were in the promotion shake up they would undoubtedly 'go for it' and bankroll what we needed to 'get over the line' and the only reason they hadn't up to that point was because we had never been in a really good position in the table to strike?

Their antics (or lack of) in the last two January windows have proven that to be false, another Venky myth that is free and easy to spread with vague future promises of doing things but with absolutely no intention of it actually coming to pass. I'm glad that particular one has been torpedoed. They were never going to bankroll it and they never will. 

Of course their stooges on the ground, desperate as they are to shield the owners from blame, responsibility or criticism for the organisation they own, control, finance, continue to do their best to concoct various reasons and excuses in a desperate bid to lay the blame for this elsewhere, but I think even the most patient and trusting of people have seen through it by now.

If you aren't going to back your manager with the team in the position it was in 2022 and 2023 then you never will. And that inertia has cost us at very least a play-off position in the last two seasons. The managers did their bit, the players did theirs, they were let down by owners who take no interest and have no intention of providing the additional backing needed at the right time to haul us over the line.

We've had FFP rules, we've had 'not the right time to do business', we've had 'players moving goalposts on demands', we've had 'club secretary forgetting how to do his job', we've had 'Football League asking unnecessary and unexpected questions', we've had 'Indian government bullying poor Venkys', we've had 'CEO and owners rep decide to travel to Birmingham for a cup replay rather than ensuring more important business got done at Brockhall' and I'm sure there are other examples of the nonsense they come up with to try to explain why money doesn't go out and good signings don't come in.

It just doesn't wash anymore. I'd have a lot more respect for the people working there if they just admitted the truth which is the owners don't care and the budget is set in the summer and spent with no chance of an increase.

Myth ? What myth ? The moment we went down and still had that lip biting RAT still incharge ...i gave up...but as a supporter against all logic we are believing ...Only ray of hope ...Supporters use the WREXHAM game as i presume its televised due to the netflix attachments and embarrass the hell out of them and their country ( i know how bad its to suggest this ) but in their political climate and upcoming elections , they will feel the pressure if it garners media attention ...will be good if local MP joins in blaming loss of revenues for local businesses due to our exodus and owners affliction . Maybe a "SAVE OUR CLUB" Movement or we just sit and be a championship club with our CEO collect his coins of silver.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

As a rovers supporter, we're going through anxiety ,depression , abandonment , trust issues , rage and number of other psychological issues ...Worst is hope ,faith and belief 

Yep, we're basically in an abusive relationship!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gazza1981 said:

When Moran gets his physical strength up . How far do you think he can go in the game?. His coach reckons he can be a superstar that he can go all the way to the top. Calls him the Irish Phil Foden . Is that a justifiable comparison?.

No. It’s like comparing one of mercer’s wines to lambrini

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

Myth ? What myth ? The moment we went down and still had that lip biting RAT still incharge ...i gave up...but as a supporter against all logic we are believing ...Only ray of hope ...Supporters use the WREXHAM game as i presume its televised due to the netflix attachments and embarrass the hell out of them and their country ( i know how bad its to suggest this ) but in their political climate and upcoming elections , they will feel the pressure if it garners media attention ...will be good if local MP joins in blaming loss of revenues for local businesses due to our exodus and owners affliction . Maybe a "SAVE OUR CLUB" Movement or we just sit and be a championship club with our CEO collect his coins of silver.

THIS

34 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Was watching liverpool fulham last night where Cairney, Reed and Tosin were on display for Fulham and Elliot involved for liverpool and thought about doing a slightly different 11 of players we've had since 2012 now playing in the premiership. Got depressed when deciding between Raya and Kaminski and gave up. 

Thought about that the other day. Bell, Steele, Giles, Branthwaite, Brereton Diaz and Van Hecke all now playing for PL clubs. 

Cairney is still the one that hurts the most. Best midfielder at the club, didn’t want to go and sold to (then) a Champ rival for a trivial amount. 

• Like 2

Kaminski

tosin.       Hyam.    Van hecke

rothwell.     Cairney.  Reed.    Armstrong.

Dack

Gestede.     Rhodes

When I look back over the last 12 years , it appears obvious too me that Bowyer completely wasted our best chance of promotion, the players were there but unfortunately the manager wasn't up to it..

Mowbray in the COVID season wasn't far behind.Think he would have been sacked if the fans had been able to watch that season...

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

When I look back over the last 12 years , it appears obvious too me that Bowyer completely wasted our best chance of promotion, the players were there but unfortunately the manager wasn't up to it..

Mowbray in the COVID season wasn't far behind.Think he would have been sacked if the fans had been able to watch that season...

he was negative in his team shape,very much like mowbray,if bowyer has just told his side to go out and play then we`de have no doubt got into the play offs,had a lot of ammunition did that side

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ossydave said:

For what it's worth on Morton...  

He was nowhere near as bad as he got made out to be at times, my only real gripe with him was him being too soft. Its how most young players are those these days unfortunately with the odd exception (which is why I'm keen to see Garrett develop more). He'll get more protection in the prem, if he gets his chance there. He'll also get less time on the ball though so will be caught in possession if he doesn't improve that area of his game. He gave away a few silly balls that cost us, BUT so has Adam Wharton, the blue and white brush comes out for him though and under the carpet they go.

Again, a good player but not yet at the level required to be the anchor in midfield week in week out like he was being played.

Again that was entirely because we didn't have the players.

8 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

The “Leo” point might be flawed but the poster in question does defend Wahlstedt no matter how many mistakes he makes. Apparently he was brilliant against Watford despite directly throwing away all 3 points…

Anyway, irrelevant ultimately. They’re both crap

No, I absolutely don't 😂
And I didn't say he was 'brilliant' against Watford - somebody had suggested that he had no redeeming features and I used that game (pre-Watford-goals) to point out that he'd played well, which anyone with actual eyes could see that he had.

Leo (yes, easier to type than his surname) has dropped some absolute amateur-level clangers, like Huddersfield away and the 2 Watford home goals from the top of my head.

But I've seen enough from both GKs for it to be blatantly obvious to me that he's still streets ahead of Pears and has a much higher ceiling.
Jumping on a young GK when he makes some mistakes isn't going to help anyone, is it?

Edited by Andy

39 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Again not Bowyer but Rovers senior management and.... look who it is again... THE OWNERS.

Any person with a remote interest in football could have told you Gary Bowyer wasn't remotely close to being a top manager in the Championship.

Every failure since 2010 is a symptom of Venky's.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

But I've seen enough from both GKs for it to be blatantly obvious to me that he's still streets ahead of Pears and has a much higher ceiling.
Jumping on a young GK when he makes some mistakes isn't going to help anyone, is it?

No one is jumping on Leo. I’ve heard no sarcastic cheers or abuse on the ground, and his name is sung after any great saves. But, like Brereton before him, people will always give their opinion whether in a pub after the game or online.

I don’t like Pears and was clamouring for him to be dropped for Leo pre-injury. But Leo has made more mistakes and unfortunately looks even shakier. I get people preferring to stick with Leo, but to say he has been streets ahead of Pears is absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Any person with a remote interest in football could have told you Gary Bowyer wasn't remotely close to being a top manager in the Championship.

All the clubs he has managed since then tell you exactly that we are the pinnacle of his CV.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he was negative in his team shape,very much like mowbray,if bowyer has just told his side to go out and play then we`de have no doubt got into the play offs,had a lot of ammunition did that side

So many times on here you'll find repeat comment under both bosses as to why we don't just go out and have a go.

The comfort zone at Ewood was huge and now this guy gets the brunt of their years of waste and probably more pressure than that pair put together had.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, gazza1981 said:

When Moran gets his physical strength up . How far do you think he can go in the game?. His coach reckons he can be a superstar that he can go all the way to the top. Calls him the Irish Phil Foden . Is that a justifiable comparison?.

Look Andy you're doing your best and you're a good kid, you had a great start but you've faded recently.

Get you head down and get it together there is definitely a career for you in the game just focus on the here and now, the future will look after itself.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Kaminski

tosin.       Hyam.    Van hecke

rothwell.     Cairney.  Reed.    Armstrong.

Dack

Gestede.     Rhodes

Reminds me of when Gareth Crook used to do BBC Team of the Week and nobody was ever in the right position. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski

Marshall Tosin van Hecke Olsson 

Rothwell Cairney

Brereton Diaz Dack Elliott

Rhodes

My best 2012 onwards 11…

Its a bit stronger than the current squad! 😥

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So many times on here you'll find repeat comment under both bosses as to why we don't just go out and have a go.

The comfort zone at Ewood was huge and now this guy gets the brunt of their years of waste and probably more pressure than that pair put together had.

Amen

• Like 1