BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

So much “ they’re tired “ …they are full time professional players for Gods sake. 
They don’t tire like we do down there in the lower leagues…Wharton looks buggered after 10  minutes…no balls , it doesn’t matter enough. 
The shirt means more to us than it does to them….over worked ?? More overpaid . 
As for Tomasson …nice chap but if he wishes to develop his CV and his philosophy it should not be at Ewood Park….we need a man who will insist that his players play like men ! 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You don't buy that the 13/14 players we've had to flog due to injuries for 2 months are tired after a festive period fixture list? H'ok. 

No I don't. And people were saying pre Christmas period that they were knackered so how do you square that one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

We played well.

They are knackered.

X didn't deserve a point.

Rinse and repeat.

Heard it all before.

That's because that's where we're at. You'll keep hearing it till Venkys put their hands in their pocket or Gregg finds a barrel worth scraping.

• Like 3

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Our subs ALWAYS make us worse.

I said it after the Hull game we need to play with 2 x CDMs.. Tronstad and Travis... for now until we can get back some resilience... 

So then where do you play Wharton? He’s been the one bright spark of this season. He was excellent today with his work rate, first touch and passing range making him really stand out. He’s top quality in that position as he breaks play up well and gets us chances time and again. I wasn’t 100% sure before but he is a class act and will be a premiership player by next season. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, booth said:

Weird how the head coach is being blamed for this. I'm watching it and I'm seeing stretched and in some cases sub-par players being asked to win football games week after week.

There's been crosses going into the box and no one on the end of them, because we have no notable strikers. Goalie poor again.

Disappointed not to see Gilsenan show what he can do but besides that this is on lack of or poor recruitment, and not just this year.

For me it's a lack of versatility. I appreciate he hasn't got options, but in that case why are we playing a style of football that entirely relies on keeping energy levels extremely high? It means that every game we're relying on kids and freebies to keep our leads and there's no coincidence that we concede a significant number after subs have been made.

He has to adapt, the current style of football is pretty but ineffective and we are sliding backwards with every passing game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

No I don't. And people were saying pre Christmas period that they were knackered so how do you square that one?

When did you last watch us live, in the ground BigBar?

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

So then where do you play Wharton? He’s been the one bright spark of this season. He was excellent today with his work rate, first touch and passing range making him really stand out. He’s top quality in that position as he breaks play up well and gets us chances time and again. I wasn’t 100% sure before but he is a class act and will be a premiership player by next season. 

Play all three in midfield in a 4-3-1-2. And stop conceding goals. I’d try it in the FA Cup game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental that we're now begging for Pears to come back in when he's just as shit as Leo 

I'll tell you the difference. Pears can go a couple of games being ok and then throw in stinker. It's practically every game with Leo. He's just so bad.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

For me it's a lack of versatility. I appreciate he hasn't got options, but in that case why are we playing a style of football that entirely relies on keeping energy levels extremely high? It means that every game we're relying on kids and freebies to keep our leads and there's no coincidence that we concede a significant number after subs have been made.

He has to adapt, the current style of football is pretty but ineffective and we are sliding backwards with every passing game.

Souey once said you have to wee with the willy you've got JDT is trying to  wee with someone else's - he needs to take a look at making the best of what he's got and if that means a style change so be it cis this style will take us down if it goes on.... 

• Like 7

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

Might work. But then where would width come from? 

The full backs,  if Tronstad, Wharton and Travis have the brains to cover for them when they go forward. etc. Basic football. Make us harder to score against, we need 2  goals every game to get a draw.

• Like 2