BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d give him the Hudds game. Failing a massive improvement in that game he’s lost me. The Burnley away game marked my card.

Did you see the first half Tyrone ? We’ve suffered some bad Rovers sides over the years but I’ve never seen such inept goalkeeping and defending - ever. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On the way home now and in 60 plus years of watching Rovers that is the worst display I have seen

West Brom should have scored 7 or 8.

About 2000 Rovers fans there and they were let down massively and left with only gallows humour. “We are @@@@@ shite”  

You weren’t at City in 1983 I presume ? 

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

You weren’t at City in 1983 I presume ? 

I haven’t seen every game obviously but I can’t recall anything as bad as today. It was sad, sickening and embarrassing 

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

The club is in one hell of a mess. 

It’s a crisis. I wonder whether Waggott understands it. He’s the man at the top and within Ewood.

The only way he will do anything is if he thinks his £300k p.a. is in jeopardy.

Otherwise it'll be "nothing to see here".

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m glad we’ve a ten point buffer between us and the bottom three, as we are sleepwalking our way to relegation and I honestly can’t see where our next points are coming from. I’m very concerned, but I’m also completely apathetic towards us at the moment (though not as much as the players clearly are). They’re not fit to wear the shirt and I’m absolutely sick of them, tbf. Even though I’ve got my season ticket, why the fuck should I turn up against Huddersfield on Saturday, when they haven’t turned up for months? The fucking bunch of work shy pricks, earning loads of money living the dream of me and thousands of others.

(Yes, I’m angry and need to simmer down, I’m aware of that).

As I've said before, it's a sad moment when our CEO couldn't sell supporting the club.

He's giving us no reason to come back.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I haven’t seen every game obviously but I can’t recall anything as bad as today. It was sad, sickening and embarrassing 

It wasn’t a sarcy Q BTW…that City game is my personal low point, though recently we’ve had Fulham (h), Rotherham (a) which are right up there. 
I think we should be grateful WBA seemed satisfied with four today…

3 minutes ago, den said:

It’s a crisis. I wonder whether Waggott understands it. He’s the man at the top at Ewood.

Will he understand it - probably not. Will he care - definitely not. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d give him the Hudds game. Failing a massive improvement in that game he’s lost me. The Burnley away game marked my card.

Until recently, I've thought that Tomasson has enough about him to turn it around. I'm seriously doubting my wisdom right now, though; he just doesn't seem to learn at all.

I think he'll just walk out. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

He might scrape a 1/10. 

Garrett was our best player by a country mile. Wharton tried to make things happen. Not gonna be too hard on JRC or Gallagher as neither could move, but the rest were awful. Special mentions to Wahlstedt, Brittain and Hyam who were a disgrace.

Callum Brittain needs booting out of this club with a king size rocket up his arse. His ‘performances’ in the past six weeks or so have been shambolic.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Will he understand it - probably not. Will he care - definitely not. 

If that’s the case then maybe it’s about time the fans made sure their voices are heard.

Theres nothing else.

• Like 2

Pears

JRC Wharton Carter Pickering

Tronstad Garret 

Szmodics Wharton Sigurdson 

Gallagher 

that would be my team to start next game, think Britain, Wahlstead and Hyam all need dropping. Hyam needs a proper rehabilitation  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

Pears

Tronstad Garret 

Gallagher 

that would be my team to start next game, think Britain, Wahlstead and Hyam all need dropping. Hyam needs a proper rehabilitation  

You simply can’t move Szmodics. I’d drop Wharton.

Its a shame really as JDT has a lot going for him in terms of developing players and style when things are going well. But if you cant defend or compete when you go behind you are toast.

Would love to see a number of points won from losing positions stat. JDT must have one of the worst ever.

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Its a shame really as JDT has a lot going for him in terms of developing players and style when things are going well. But if you cant defend or compete when you go behind you are toast.

Would love to see a number of points won from losing positions stat. JDT must have one of the worst ever.

To be fair I seem to recall an inability to get back into games under Mowbray too. Venky's removed anyone with a spine within a month of arriving and haven't allowed anyone with one in since.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Pears

Tronstad Garret 

Gallagher 

When’s Dolan back ? At least he looks interested.

Letting the club captain walk away speaks volumes to me regarding the lack of morale at  the club. Maybe they’re tired of trying to play in a way they aren’t suited to.  When my rugby league team plays like we are playing at the moment the rumour is always -  “ Have they been paid this week ? “

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think he potentially does have enough about him to turn it around, I'm just not convinced he's motivated to do so. Almost feels like this is being done out of spite. You brought me in to play this style of football, so here you go, this is how it goes when you fail to back me - so either back me or sack me. His comments in the press certainly suggest he isn't scared about being binned at this point. 

I’m glad he’s not scared because of things don’t change it’s coming.

To be fair to Tomasson, we have been decimated by injuries, and the Dolan injury was the one which broke the camel's back,along with Pears. 

In my opinion, the last thing we need is a change of head coach after some of the fantastic football we've seen this season. Give Tomasson a front 4 of Szmodics, Siggurdson, Dolan and Gallagher to use and we'd give virtually any team in this division a game. 

Whoever came in would face the same situation, yet we know Tomasson can get a tune out of them when he has more players at his disposal. 

This isn't going to be a magic wand job. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think he potentially does have enough about him to turn it around, I'm just not convinced he's motivated to do so. Almost feels like this is being done out of spite. You brought me in to play this style of football, so here you go, this is how it goes when you fail to back me - so either back me or sack me. His comments in the press certainly suggest he isn't scared about being binned at this point. 

Well, if that is his approach to management - to let the team lose out of spite - he will have a short and unremarkable career.

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Since JDT took over we’ve won 10 points when we’ve conceded the first goal.

Last season 1 win 3 draws 15 defeats

This season  1 win 1 draw 13 defeats 

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, den said:

It’s a crisis. I wonder whether Waggott understands it. He’s the man at the top at Ewood.

I think hes managed to make himself immune now that GB is here.