BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, Danishfan said:

When JDT bought him self out of contract in february, there were rumours that he had been told about a firesale this summer., which added to his desire to leave the club.. I expect that a lot of our first team players will leave and be substituted by loanees and freebies.

I highly doubt that. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Ewood. No way they're competent enough to plan a fire sale 6 months out. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did Venkys sack him themselves or did Waggott and Pasha recommend his removal? 

The reason Wharton was linked with so many teams was his quality. Ashworth personally came to games to scout him..

Did we ever look at him? Or did Football insider get the wrong Rovers team in the article 

I dont doubt that Wharton as an individual had many teams wanting him. But Nixon does that with every player, hes started doing the same with Szmodics. Then when the player moves to one of those clubs at whichever point, which in all probability he will as hes hedged his bets, then he will then as the narcissist that he is pat himself on the back and his merry band of followers will all tell everyone how knowledgable he is.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends what his role involves and he directly reports to. 

I'm hoping we get a good appointment 

What his role is supposed to involve and what it will actually involve are two different things.

From Day One, he will have Waggott briefing against him.

Never going to work.

15 minutes ago, Neal said:

My expectations and sort of prediction is... 4 cash signings, 2 free's, plus loans. Signings totalling about 4-5 million. 

Relegation. Not enough once you take into account Szmodics, Gally, Sigurdsson and Dolan likely leaving. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Relegation. Not enough once you take into account Szmodics, Gally, Sigurdsson and Dolan likely leaving. 

That's not accounting for any outgoings but if this is all the incomings plus outgoings then yeah, we're going to be down there but we expect to be anyway don't we? 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Why are Gallagher and Dolan leaving if they sign new contract? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Adam Wharton signed a contract in December 2023, it means nothing if the club want to move then on.

Not that I’m bothered if either leave!

55 minutes ago, Neal said:

My expectations and sort of prediction is... 4 cash signings, 2 free's, plus loans. Signings totalling about 4-5 million. 

What, no rivers of blood or swarms of locusts???

1 hour ago, Neal said:

That won't be enough. And we offer crap wages so it'll be another tricky and loooong summer for us is my prediction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phili said:

It wasn't his decision. Venky's appointed a football consultancy to advise the best way forward. They recommended a DOF approach and a recruitment consultancy was appointed to find a DOF.

Sunish and Waggot were not involved on either decision and hence Waggot always resented Broughton being appointed and did everything possible to undermine him.

Ah so back to the usual consultancy''s/ Agencies then i see.

These people are so nauseating they wouldn't need to pay for that crap if they had a good CEO or Chairman a real football knowledgeable board of directors.

Venkys Out !

• Backroom
5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t know much about cadden but cole is past his best  and herbie kane is a bottom division player,all the indications of another dreadful summer  were highlighted when gallagher got another year,it`s crystal that there won`t be anyone coming in of  any discernable quality,i hope sammie gets a move,he deserves better  than hanging around here with a bunch of unambitious plodders

I don’t disagree with this at all but I’ve just had an awful moment there.

I’ve never felt older than the realisation that Andy Cole’s son is now deemed past his best!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club had a one year option in their favour and decided to take it up. Had they not done, then both would now be free agents and able to leave with no fee to Rovers. Now that they are under contract for a year, if anyone wants to sign them, we will get a fee. 
It may well be that both stay and leave on a free next summer. Time will tell.?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He had a bad season and wasnt great to begin with but he isnt one of the worst strikers to ever wear the shirt.

I beg to disagree.

I find it extremely odd how you are up in arms about the owners not selling BBD in the summer prior to his final season during which he contributed 14 goals and we missed out on the play offs on goal difference, yet conversely see no issue on not  cashing in on Gallagher with a few months left to go on his contract after which he contributed I think the grand total of 2 League goals and we only avoided relegation on the final day.

10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I highly doubt that. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Ewood. No way they're competent enough to plan a fire sale 6 months out. 

Agreed, the conspiracy theories can get a bit wild on here at times.

Our biggest issue is our inability to plan and know what we are doing months ahead of time. I actually think JDT would have found that kind of transparency and planning refreshing.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I beg to disagree.

I find it extremely odd how you are up in arms about the owners not selling BBD in the summer prior to his final season during which he contributed 14 goals and we missed out on the play offs on goal difference, yet conversely see no issue on not  cashing in on Gallagher with a few months left to go on his contract after which he contributed I think the grand total of 2 League goals and we only avoided relegation on the final day.

Because of the difference in money. Brereton would have raised £8m which is a big amount for us. A normal club takes that over keeping him for a solitary year and reinvests a good chunk to replace him.

Gallagher also had an extra 6 months on his deal but crucially, it came at a point where the owners pocketed a club record sale and still wouldnt authorise spending a couple of million on a striker. Therefore its fair to assume that any comparatively tiny Gallagher proceeds would have gone the same way. Ideally I would have sold Gallagher and brought in 2 strikers, not happening under these owners, so we had no choice but to cling on because he is considerably better than our only other striker.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is Travis returning? Anybody know?

He's under contract so I'd assume so, unless he forces a move to somewhere else. Can't imagine his lack of game time at Ipswich has left him with many options better than the contract he has at Rovers. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Neal said:

He's under contract so I'd assume so, unless he forces a move to somewhere else. Can't imagine his lack of game time at Ipswich has left him with many options better than the contract he has at Rovers. 

He will come back and the club will herald the new signing, like some sort of returning Mascherano. Imagine Travis won’t be too pleased to come back….

Edited by Trinidad Rover

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Fully expect our first starting 11 of the season to be:

---------------------Pears

Brittain----Carter---Hyam---Pickering

-----------Tronstad----JRC

Dolan--------Sigurdsson-----Hedges

------------------Gallagher 

Edit: forgot about Siggy, Sammy will be sold ASAP.

It’s not a brilliant 11 but also not a complete laughing stock. Albeit I only really rate 4 or 5 as legitimate starters.

HOWEVER, the issue comes with injuries (as it has in recent years). The bench you’d name after that 11 would be academy lads / non-league level players. 

• Like 1