BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, J*B said:

Buckley has got a pretty hard job tonight finding a gap, they’re playing a deep back line and there’s little space. 

I have a hard job. I still make sure I do a decent job of it. 

A honking half of football all round 

As bad as Eustace’s stupid fucking cap 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

So uncertain on the ball, which is why there’s nothing happening up top. Too much dawdling, Scott Wharton having to try and force it.

Szmodics coming too deep for the ball, but will struggle with speculative crosses against a deep line.

Again, I watch that first half performance and can truly only wonder what Eustace has actually told them to go out and do. I have to assume that whatever he’s told them to do, they’re not doing, but still no semblance of a plan.

Hopeful that he can get across in 15 mins what they didn’t pick up in the past couple of days.

Turgid. Millwall are absolutely dreadful but we've got nowhere near even having a shot let alone scoring.

They will probably score from a corner and win one nil. Sleepwalking to a 1-0 loss here. We can all see it coming.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

Dolan is a frustrating player. 
He looks like he should be fast but he’s extremely slow with the ball and he looks like he’d be a good dribbler but I’ve never seen him beat the first defender. 
Add in the poor decision making and he doesn’t really offer much more than work rate. 

I was going to post similar. His passing this evening is poor too. Do is Buckley's.

Gallaghers advantages are pressing and running, his weaknesses are his touch and link up play...

If the opposition are going to sit deep on their box his advantages are negated and his weaknesses accentuated.

Feels like maybe its a game that will suit Sigurdsson, lots of room and needs something clever to unlock the defence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

2 poor teams. Where are our 2 goals coming from? 

Our only hope is Szmodics, next up I’ve probably got Scott Wharton, that’s what it says about our other attacking players. 

Millwall’s boss will have had a look at us that half and be telling his team now that there is nothing to beat

Just 5 minutes of pressure and one goal should be enough

So basically all week on the training ground they've been working on hoofing it long to Pickering who is up against someone a foot taller than him. Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Turgid. Millwall are absolutely dreadful but we've got nowhere near even having a shot let alone scoring.

They will probably score from a corner and win one nil. Sleepwalking to a 1-0 loss here. We can all see it coming.

Their goal will come from a set piece. Defending was atrocious from the one corner they've had so far. Went right across the 6 yard box , fortunately no attacker got on the end of it. Won't get away with that very often.