BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong, it doesn’t even feel that bad!

• Like 7

Tonight is a massive game, we need to take three points or we’ll continue to spiral.

Millwall have gone back to basics, direct, physical football and they’ve picked up some good results.

I can’t see this crop of players dealing well with Millwall’s style of play and we’ll lose 2-0/3-0.

I hope I’m very wrong!

A fully fit Rovers squad should win this with a bit to spare. 

Injuries make this very even on paper so this becomes a Eustace v Harris head to head. Which coach has the better tactical nous and motivation skills.

Eustace starts with a disadvantage with that accent which would deflate a helium balloon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So you're comparing yourself to the Venkys then?

Cos the only comparable situation is that you've employed him as your gardener then given him 50p to do a £500 landscaping job.

Trust you to try and defend it.

This guy paid 800k for Leo, gave Ennis a 4yr deal and agreed to a loan fee and several million more quid for an unproven in this country striker just because his agent suddenly upped the price.

Whilst he's had to work under limitations it isn't quite the shirt buttons you allude to there, some other clubs seem to manage it.

• Like 3

Fully expecting these two coaches rather negative must not lose tactics to cancel each other out.  We fully need someone to pull something out the bag tonight to make the difference imo.

I'll be amazed if it doesn't finish 1-1 and see a sub 11k gate.

• Like 1

Looking at our remaining games I am firmly of the opinion that we need to win tonight and again on Saturday to stand a realistic chance of avoiding relegation.  Here's hoping......

• Like 2

Could depend on which Pears shows up tonight, the one that pulls off great stops or the wimpy flapper.  Don't see us getting anything and see us dropping to the 3rd Division.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

A fully fit Rovers squad should win this with a bit to spare. 

Injuries make this very even on paper so this becomes a Eustace v Harris head to head. Which coach has the better tactical nous and motivation skills.

Eustace starts with a disadvantage with that accent which would deflate a helium balloon.

I'm not sure it matters if we play on grass paper or the lunar landscape. We are where we deserve to be in the table.

Hughesy had a framed copy of the old Walter wintle poem out up on the wall at Ewood. Sooner or later, the man who wins, is "the man who thinks he can". We're short of belief, and sad to say, balls. I think we'll ship in a late one and lose.

https://allpoetry.com/poem/8624439-Thinking-by-Walter-D-Wintle

Weirdly looking forward to this, think it's because there is so much riding on it. Feels like a must win game so lets hope the players have got the message and come out blazing into an early lead.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I'm not sure it matters if we play on grass paper or the lunar landscape. We are where we deserve to be in the table.

Hughesy had a framed copy of the old Walter wintle poem out up on the wall at Ewood. Sooner or later, the man who wins, is "the man who thinks he can". We're short of belief, and sad to say, balls. I think we'll ship in a late one and lose.

https://allpoetry.com/poem/8624439-Thinking-by-Walter-D-Wintle

Think everyone should read 'You can if you think you can' by Norman Vincent Peale.  Peale was an American clergyman, an inspirational writer and is widely recognised as the 'father of positive thinking'.  A lot of today's theories and practices stem from this book.  A terrific piece of work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Trust you to try and defend it.

This guy paid 800k for Leo, gave Ennis a 4yr deal and agreed to a loan fee and several million more quid for an unproven in this country striker just because his agent suddenly upped the price.

Whilst he's had to work under limitations it isn't quite the shirt buttons you allude to there, some other clubs seem to manage it.

Clearly we're never going to see eye-to-eye on this topic. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fully expecting these two coaches rather negative must not lose tactics to cancel each other out.  We fully need someone to pull something out the bag tonight to make the difference imo.

I'll be amazed if it doesn't finish 1-1 and see a sub 11k gate.

Fingers crossed for Sammie - feels our only hope to stick the ball in the net!

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told that Pears is out for the next two games with concussion as yet unconfirmed by the club.

Heaven help us.

benson tried to make him a better keeper by repeatedly hitting him on the head with a hammer in a vain attempt to make him concentrate,he`s very up with modern coaching techniques is ben

• Like 1

Bought season ticket at Rovers TV. Stockholm syndrome. Or that itch you can’t help but scratch. Only thing I know is I have immense respect for those going tonight. Whatever you choose just show your love for the club as you always do. Don’t let them beat you. COYB(fans)!!

• Like 1