BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

2 minutes ago, booth said:

He's an attacking mid isn't he?

He’s the top goalscorer in the Championship & has all the attributes of a brilliant striker, as described in my earlier post above.

The point is, we need to play to his strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

Two words sum up this game - MUST WIN!

and if we don't?

Think a 'must win' game is over used and mainly used incorrectly.  A 'must win' game is a one-off game where there is something at stake ie win the game and avoid the drop.

Obviously, tomorrow's match is so important - a draw as a minimum, a win highly desirable.  It's not all over if we lose but it would make the task of staying up even more difficult.

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gally is one of those footballers who’s actually got worse as he’s reached his prime. He was better when he first came here.

Agree - ironically, it was Coyle who got the best out of Gallagher!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GaryC said:

We need to freshen things up but havent got the personnel

PEARS

HYAM MCFADZEAN WHARTON

BRITTAIN                                           PICKERING

TRONSTAD   BUCKLEY

GILSENAN           SZMODICS      MARKANDAY

Gallagher to maybe come on in second half, his first touch is awful

Markanday? Jesus christ I hope not. 

• Like 2

What about this tradition from Darmstadt when one of their Ultras is allowed to address the team on the pitch after the match. Can you imagine some of our darlings who are afraid of a bit of booing from a few fans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What about this tradition from Darmstadt when one of their Ultras is allowed to address the team on the pitch after the match. Can you imagine some of our darlings who are afraid of a bit of booing from a few fans.

Brittain would burst into tears.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have a vivid image of grown men and young boys weeping copiously and the club not having invested in any paper hankies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"WE WONT GIVE UP".... Eustace front page of Telegraph.

We all feel assured and confident after that John lad 🙄

I guess he mustn't have heard about the owners.

Not sure if it was the game at the weekend or the one prior, but heard on commentary wed just appointed a second coach.  

Is that correct, is Eustace local yet and are the players in more than regularly? 

I know we've had a few games lately but you think given the situation we'd be in more frequently doing none physical work 

9 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Not sure if it was the game at the weekend or the one prior, but heard on commentary wed just appointed a second coach.  

Probably just leased.

• Like 5

• Backroom

Why is the onus on the fans? It’s the players job to get results - can’t be doing with this sort of thing 

If we win do fans get a win bonus?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why is the onus on the fans? It’s the players job to get results - can’t be doing with this sort of thing 

Clearly a tactic with the new appointment to make the fans turn on each other rather than management. Every interview since JDT left has been all "we're all in this together" and "we need the fans" yet as far as I can tell the fans are literally the only ones who have held up their end of the bargain all season.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

Because he's blamed the manager, now he's turning it on the fans.  Nothing to do with his poor performances.

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“We need to go into every game fighting and I think the boys will do that." - Callum Brittain

That would be a first in his case.

I had an image of Batty and Le Saux

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Jesus wept. Callum Brittle and fighting mentioned in the same article.

Talk is cheap and this is something I've heard from various Rovers players over the years, usually just before a relegation. If there was a bit more fight in some of them we wouldn't be in this position right now.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Hope Tronstad is back for this one. If not I would start Ayari alongside Buckley. Garrett struggles too much positionally.

Tronstad will not be back until after the international.

He lives across the Road from my brother, who saw him yesterday and he confirmed 4 weeks out.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Tronstad hasnt trained, Hedges still out, JRC still out. And Fleck done for the season. One kick to the plate he had in his leg only 17 minutes into his debut and thats it for his Rovers career. Some serious homework done.

Looking grim for tomorrow then.