BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

Id bring Travis in, a seasoned Championship midfielder who certainly wont go missing, who has been a regular and often captain of sides near the top of the table and is currently impressing the fans of a team going for automatic promotion. Oh wait.

Lets hope Eustace can do the unthinkable and win a game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philipl said:

It is an absolute must not lose. Thankfully not quite yet at must win although getting one win and two draws at least from the next three games is utterly essential.

No our squad is not "shit".

We would be fine with JRC, Hedges, Tronstad, Garrett, Barnes, Fleck and Leonard back in contention on Tuesday.

But they aren't and we have a bit of a headache not least after the non-performances of Moran and Gallagher amongst others yesterday plus the return of the Pears flap...

I would be looking at O'Riordan affording McFadzean a rest and either Ayari or Markanday in place of Dolan. We don't have an alternative to Gallagher who must be due the random bit of a good performance sometime soon.

But above all, we need either Tronstad or Garrett back alongside Buckley.  If they are not, Chrisene pushed into central midfield? 

The squad is not shit.

Contemplates the inclusion of Ayari, Markanday, Garrett, a young lad signed from Crewe and Chrisene in central midfield...

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

The squad has a handful (at best) of good championship players. No real depth to speak of though, IMO.

I look around the team and I can think of a few positions I’d want us to upgrade in (in an ideal world, obviously- Venky’s won’t fund us, I know).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am big fan of his and He would be first choice right back every week. Same as Hyam. 

Moran started off well here then he struggled with playing week in and week out at this level given it is first time of playing regular first team football around December time. 

I know you have always been a big fan of his, you pinned your colours to that mast before we signed him and I think that’s why you are reluctant to change your mind. He was poor last season, started this season better, but has reverted to being poor with some absolutely shameful performances added in for good measure. His better displays have come further up the pitch as his best attribute is his crossing ability. Defensively he is poor, and he lacks heart and commitment. Scored one very good goal but also had one of the most unprofessional, petulant and pathetic red cards I’ve ever seen.

I can’t believe you or anyone else would prefer him to Rankin-Costello at full back? Perhaps you could make the argument that JRC would be better utilised elsewhere, but for me Brittain shouldn’t be in the first team.

Agree with you on Moran. He has been struggling for months (Newcastle aside) and has played far more football than his form deserves. We aren’t in any position to afford him the chance to play himself back into form in our central midfield while we hurtle towards relegation.

• Like 4

Don't usually get to midweek games as I work in Liverpool, but I'm going to go to this one as I finish early on Tuesday.

Eustace has to get a win eventually, and I think it'll come here. I still think we'll go down but we'll do enough here to scrape a win.

2-1. Szmodics and Gallagher.

My predicted team:

Pears

Hyam    McFadzean   Wharton

Brittain     Tronstad    Buckley    Chrisene

Szmodics

Dolan     Gallagher

I don't think we can play 4 at the back if it means Brittain at full back. At least as a wing back we have Hyam to cover him on that side.

Hopefully Tronstad is back. If not then Ayari should come in as his last two appearances have shown a marked improvement. Anyone but Moran. I'd rather play Billy K in the middle than him!

With attacking players...we just don't seem to have any other options, do we? So it kind of has to be Dolan and Gallagher up top with Sammie playing off them.

Very concerning that of all the teams below us, they all (except for already doomed rock bottom Rotherham) have at least 6 points from their last 5 games whilst we have 3. And they're all just a point below us right now, except for Sheff W who are 4 points away but are in red hot form with 12 points from their last 5 games.

We can't afford to lose this game. Most likely we can't afford to not win it. Time to step up lads!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I know you have always been a big fan of his, you pinned your colours to that mast before we signed him and I think that’s why you are reluctant to change your mind. He was poor last season, started this season better, but has reverted to being poor with some absolutely shameful performances added in for good measure. His better displays have come further up the pitch as his best attribute is his crossing ability. Defensively he is poor, and he lacks heart and commitment. Scored one very good goal but also had one of the most unprofessional, petulant and pathetic red cards I’ve ever seen.

I won't change my mind cos I rated highly and I think he is quality player and someone who would be starting regular. Might be better at right wing back even tho I am no fan of 3 at the back

I can’t believe you or anyone else would prefer him to Rankin-Costello at full back? Perhaps you could make the argument that JRC would be better utilised elsewhere, but for me Brittain shouldn’t be in the first team.

I would play JRC further forward personally. Thinks its suits his game much better and us. 

Agree with you on Moran. He has been struggling for months (Newcastle aside) and has played far more football than his form deserves. We aren’t in any position to afford him the chance to play himself back into form in our central midfield while we hurtle towards relegation.

He has struggled cos he ain't used to playing week in week out regular football. Technical he is quality player and suits how Brighton play. I do feel his best position is as number 10 but Szmodics has that role and rightly so . 

I do feel he has does have a part to play in we move to back 4 for rest of the season 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Folk confuse ‘bodies through the door’ with actual Championship quality/ready footballers.

Hence the idiots all over SM saying 'great window' in Jan and 'JDT got everything he wanted'

We have some of the games daftest fans.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Brittain heading for a second relegation from the championship on his CV within what four years should tell you all you need to know 

So will Szmodics and yet you couldn't find 2 players with more contrasting attitudes on the pitch.

• Like 3

Have little confidence about this game.

We know Millwall will be fired up.

I just don't know where the fight, aggression, passion will come from for Rovers never mind any quality.

Some interesting stuff about Brittain.  IMO, he's an overrated, cowardly, motor mouth and not a player suited to a relegation scrap.  Nyambe v Brittain - know who I'd want fighting for the cause.

More questions than answers and I don't think Eustace has a clue where to start.  This guy has very limited football league managerial experience and the dead cat bounce we've suffered would suggest he aint the most inspirational of guys.  Case in point, Moran's pathetic jog into the penalty area for Swansea's opening goal.  A manager like Souey, Hughes, Big Sam would have hooked him instantly and given him the biggest bollocking imaginable - he should not wear the shirt again, I'd play anyone but him.  

Will Pears revert to type, McFad needs a rest, Dolan has little impact whilst Gallagher should have been flogged to Ipswich in January.

We need a spark, SS can't keep delivering, he needs help.  I'd play Gilsenan - can he really be any less effective or less of a threat than the likes of Gallagher, Dolan, Moran etc.

We are now so bad that a draw would be a result for us.  It will be a miracle if we don't go down.

Edited by Mercer

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

A battle of bottle - not the sort of game we compete in. 2-0 Millwall. 

Exactly this, this squad has no fight in any game that requires any pressure. We're as good as down, and Waggott's cheerleader won't be able to do a thing about it.

Would love to be wrong

• Like 1

I dont really understand why we are not playing 352, I think it would be a setup better for all our players.

Really hope Tronstad is back.

Need and expect to start winning. While recent transfer windows have been poor this squad did not become relegation fodder in 1st December after being solidly top half / promotion for the previous 15 months.

If we go down thats a huge underachievement from the manager and the players despite the recruitment issues.

• Like 1

I keep predicting we will win one of these winnable games but we don't..so I am going for a 2 nil loss. Mainly because that is likely but also because if I think we will lose then hopefully we actually win. 

Millwall 2

Blackburn 0

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Have little confidence about this game.

We know Millwall will be fired up.

I just don't know where the fight, aggression, passion will come from for Rovers never mind any quality.

Some interesting stuff about Brittain.  IMO, he's an overrated, cowardly, motor mouth and not a player suited to a relegation scrap.  Nyambe v Brittain - know who I'd want fighting for the cause.

More questions than answers and I don't think Eustace has a clue where to start.  This guy has very limited football league managerial experience and the dead cat bounce we've suffered would suggest he aint the most inspirational of guys.  Case in point, Moran's pathetic jog into the penalty area for Swansea's opening goal.  A manager like Souey, Hughes, Big Sam would have hooked him instantly and given him the biggest bollocking imaginable - he should not wear the shirt again, I'd play anyone but him.  

Will Pears revert to type, McFad needs a rest, Dolan has little impact whilst Gallagher should have been flogged to Ipswich in January.

We need a spark, SS can't keep delivering, he needs help.  I'd play Gilsenan - can he really be any less effective or less of a threat than the likes of Gallagher, Dolan, Moran etc.

We are now so bad that a draw would be a result for us.  It will be a miracle if we don't go down.

Nyambe didnt seem like one youd want in the trenches with you either and isnt the best benchmark to use.

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

Exactly this, this squad has no fight in any game that requires any pressure. We're as good as down, and Waggott's cheerleader won't be able to do a thing about it.

Would love to be wrong

id`e put garrett and tronstadt (if fit) in the midfield,they are the only two that can tackle.buckley is a class player,when he wants to be  but can`t be relied upon every week,moran should be sent back to brighton immediately,iv`e been very disapointed with him all season,typical academy production line player,lightweight and inefective

We need to freshen things up but havent got the personnel

PEARS

HYAM MCFADZEAN WHARTON

BRITTAIN                                           PICKERING

TRONSTAD   BUCKLEY

GILSENAN           SZMODICS      MARKANDAY

Gallagher to maybe come on in second half, his first touch is awful

Aside from the QPR game, where I think everything had come to a head with JDT behind the scenes, we tend to at least be competitive against the average sides at Ewood. Being terrible away from home is not unusual for us so the Cardiff, Brum and Swansea performances are a repeat of what we are used to.

I think we either win this, or dominate but end up drawing. I’d be surprised if we lose.