BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e put garrett and tronstadt (if fit) in the midfield,they are the only two that can tackle.buckley is a class player,when he wants to be  but can`t be relied upon every week,moran should be sent back to brighton immediately,iv`e been very disapointed with him all season,typical academy production line player,lightweight and inefective

Garrett is nowhere near the standard required. Buckley is hit and miss but much better than him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe didnt seem like one youd want in the trenches with you either and isnt the best benchmark to use.

Didn't see him pull out of challenges like I've seen Brittain do!  Too airy fairy by far.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Garrett is nowhere near the standard required. Buckley is hit and miss but much better than him.

Garrett is a colossus in comparison to Moran.  We need lads who are up for a fight.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You’ve really got a bee in your bonnet about Garrett, ‘99 😄

Not his fault but just not up to it and had we not loaned out our captain and/or replaced Wharton, he could be getting regular football in a lower division.

Get that ‘99. Him and Leonard would be elsewhere right now at a normal club.

But we aren’t one, he’s here and he’ll be playing a fair few minutes. And you know what I’d have him in over the likes of Moran so not sure he deserves the daily ‘nowhere near’, ‘not up to it’, as neither are most of them - it’s why we are heading back to the third division.

Edited by Mattyblue

A win here and we can progress out of danger. A draw here and we are still in the thick of it. A loss is a clear indicator that we’re going down. I’ve said earlier, the three victories we absolutely need are this, Plymouth and Sheff Weds at home. Points in other games can’t really be legislated for.

If we score in the first 15, I think we have a good chance at victory. If we’re 1 down by 30 mins, we’ll likely lose.

2-1 Rovers, just because I don’t want to think about us going down, but in reality, the reverse scoreline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Garrett is a colossus in comparison to Moran.  We need lads who are up for a fight.

Speaking of which, what happened to his 'dad' who posted on here like a nutter & then suddenly disappeared without a trace? 😅

I have been reading some of the comments on the Swansea game, were shite were going down put up the white flag. Instead of putting the manager and team down, we should all get behind them and cheer them on to victory against Millwall and Plymouth at home. Never say die till the last ball of the season has been kicked.

• Like 3

So, Rovers/Millwall Tuesday.
Same record, same goal differential.  We are one point higher on the table, we lead in wins (11 to 10).

A must win game, if ever there was one. 
We cannot afford anymore 6 pointers, losing again to teams lower on the table. Our defending must be flawless.

I trust Sammie to sneak in a goal. 
1-0. COYB!!! 

• Like 1

It's not going to be one for the purists. Harris generally had Millwall aggressive, hard working and direct previously, it looks to be the same this time around. 

Neither team will want the ball and it will come down to winning duels, working hard and set pieces (attacking and defending). Sadly for us, we aren't very good at any of those things.

We probably need Fadz in order to deal with set pieces/aerial threat which keeps us in a back 3.

Tronstad needs to start, probably alongside Buckley. Wouldn't be averse to Garrett starting to give us some aggression in the middle of the park.

Hopefully Hedges and Gallagher are fit to start also.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24
10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

millwall will try and overpower us,on set pieces they are particularly potent,facing  a big side is usually our worst nightmare as well,not looking forward to it tbh,will be an ugly game

We need to try and keep our composure and avoid getting dragged into their realm. It's on our turf so they're the ones that should be intimidated. Start on the front-foot, keep possession in areas where it's 'safe'. Be positive and play the ball forward, and avoid getting countered. Work like dogs.

Pears

Hyam - McFadzean - Wharton

Brittain - Tronstad (alt. Ayari) - Buckley - Pickering

Dolan - Szmodics - Gallagher

Rovers would do well to employ the services of a hypnotist. He could hypnotise the players and staff into thinking we are playing Newcastle and it's live on the BBC. The players were well motivated for that one, showed energy and desire.

I'm still struggling to correlate that performance against Newcastle with the first half at Swansea with essentially the same team. Eustace really has his work cut out for this game. Who knows which Rovers will turn up.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Brittain heading for a second relegation from the championship on his CV within what four years should tell you all you need to know 

And Venkys third relegation.

I wonder if they will throw a party and invite CornerMan and Swag. Maybe Sylvester took, for a job well done.

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

I would rather watch Garrett, a Rover, have a stinker than someone else's player doing the same.

Garrett at least tries, which is more that Moran often does.

• Like 7

Huge test for John Eustace's powers of management.

Ordinarily we would expect a routine win but these are not ordinary times.

Eustace has to earn his pay tomorrow night big time.

And good luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I would rather watch Garrett, a Rover, have a stinker than someone else's player doing the same.

Garrett at least tries, which is more that Moran often does.

When Garrett has a poor game, he is simply ineffective.

When Moran has a poor game he is a 90 minutes liability or 45 minutes as we saw at Swansea.

Millwall under Harris are physically intimidating and will target Moran. At least Garrett will send them home with bruised shins and egos.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be interesting if he is fit. 

Not a fan of Wharton has the central centre back or Szmodics as false 9. I think we need more attacking and get our best players on the pitch

I would go with my team would gives us balance and width to get balls into the box plus Buckley and Ayari can direct our tempo of the game. 

Szmodics isn’t a false 9, he’s a striker with 25 goals this season in all comps. Scored a variety of goals including headers, poachers goals and running in behind.

We need to play to his strengths, not the 6ft4 donkey Gallagher who for all his strong running and defensive headers, doesn’t score goals & lacks the technical ability or a first touch to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Wharton is a better option than McFazdean as he can play football.

9 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Szmodics isn’t a false 9, he’s a striker with 25 goals this season in all comps. Scored a variety of goals including headers, poachers goals and running in behind.

We need to play to his strengths, not the 6ft4 donkey Gallagher who for all his strong running and defensive headers, doesn’t score goals & lacks the technical ability or a first touch to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

He's an attacking mid isn't he?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Gally is one of those footballers who’s actually got worse as he’s reached his prime. He was better when he first came here.

• Like 3