BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand his garden is blooming! 

Hopefully, we've seen the last of him. 

It is a vegetable patch he is tending, as he is an expert at uncovering turnips.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lraC said:

I know he was free, but how much did we agree to pay him?

He looked miles overweight to me, when he did make the team, for those few minutes.

Looked decidedly chubby

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Tronstad will not be back until after the international.

He lives across the Road from my brother, who saw him yesterday and he confirmed 4 weeks out.

Just being nosy, what area is that? 😁

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Said it before, our medical / sports science department needs looking at.  IMO, something seriously wrong with the number of injuries we pick up and the length of time it takes to get players back.  Think it's just another example of how our club has been dumbed down.

Signing of Fleck was diabolically amateurish.  Had barely kicked a ball for 12 months following two broken leg issues.  We shouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.  Our medics and Broughton, IMO, need bollicking at the very least, if not sacking. 

Just prior to the second leg break SU gave Fleck a 1 year contract extension.

A sensible option as they could review at this seasons end depending on which league they were in and how he'd coped in the PL.

Then he breaks his leg again and they don't want him anymore, not even in the Championship which is where they will be for sure next season. Not even in the Championship.

That tells us all we need to know but went over the heads of those at Rovers.

SU have rogered us again. 

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just prior to the second leg break SU gave Fleck a 1 year contract extension.

A sensible option as they could review at this seasons end depending on which league they were in and how he'd coped in the PL.

Then he breaks his leg again and they don't want him anymore, not even in the Championship which is where they will be for sure next season. Not even in the Championship.

That tells us all we need to know but went over the heads of those at Rovers.

SU have rogered us again. 

IMO, Ewood and Brockhall are nous free zones.

I don't know of one area/department of the club that even ticks the competence boxes let alone thinking out of the box and achieving stretching targets. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

I have been told that up to this afternoon we had only sold around 1000 walk on tickets and Millwall had sold around 200. With a lot of regular season ticket holders struggling with night games tomorrow could be the lowest Ewood crowd for many a year. It will be spun as bigger than it actually is though as all season ticket holders will be included.

Players get injured, I think everyone understands that but the Fleck situation is worrying. What is difficult for me to accept is that a player with a metal plate in his leg isn't considered to be too high a risk and how he passed a fitness test.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Fleck was a desperation stage gamble that ticked all the boxes for all the parties

Sheff Utd got shut and off their books and squad early.

Fleck got a shot at earning a longer deal here or impressing suffiently to attract interest from elsewhere.

Rovers got a quick fix at favourable cost to address a problem of their own making.

Unfortunately for us the risk was all on Rovers, because someone with his recent fitness record was always at risk of issues and so it has proven. 

But when you operate like this club has operated you get what you deserve. We wouldn't have needed Fleck if we hadn't taken the unprecedented step of loaning our captain (excellent fitness record) out in the first few days of the window

But when you are more interested in cutting costs than winning games these are the sort of decisions you get. We are now going to probably lose Championship status and all that goes with it as a result of such short-sightedness

Travis out Fleck in. That worked well didn't it and probably no overall wage savings. Broughton is a pillock. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alcd said:

Travis out Fleck in. That worked well didn't it and probably no overall wage savings. Broughton is a pillock. 

Agree though I suspect there is some sort of wage saving going on. Suspect Fleck is on much much less than he was at Sheff Utd, a kind of short term audition / shop window for the summer exercise.

But yeah, a ridiculous move that most of us could see was insane and so it has proven to be.

I really just think they make it up from day to day. Week to week. 

Ipswich came in with an offer to pay Travis until the summer. The pound signs flashed and the deal was done with amazingly no administrative issues.

They might have got away with it had Palace not come in for Adam or Tronstad got injured, but that's playing roulette with our future and was never likely to happen.

So when Adam is on his way they realise we're in a mess in midfield and have to act quickly. Of course it's the loan and short term frees market and Fleck arrives, just a hope and prayer that he gets fit and stays so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

So to clarify amidst the cryptic way of posting. You are saying that Broughton has been put on gardening leave, on record?

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So to clarify amidst the cryptic way of posting. You are saying that Broughton has been put on gardening leave, on record?

He's guessing - nobody actually knows what is going on at the club, which is the most frustrating aspect.

Talk to the fans. Give them the basic courtesy of telling them what's going on.
Oh, and how we managed to cock up 3 x fee transfers in the last year (yet all outgoing deals and free transfers in went through fine).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You don't seriously believe anything Mercer comes out with surely? Just his usual made up guff, law of averages say he'll get 1 thing right eventually I suppose.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

You don't seriously believe anything Mercer comes out with surely? Just his usual made up guff, law of averages say he'll get 1 thing right eventually I suppose.

If he says he’s on gardening leave then I’m more inclined to believe he’s signed a bumper new deal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

He's guessing - nobody actually knows what is going on at the club, which is the most frustrating aspect.

Talk to the fans. Give them the basic courtesy of telling them what's going on.
Oh, and how we managed to cock up 3 x fee transfers in the last year (yet all outgoing deals and free transfers in went through fine).

I know yeah and totally agree.

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I dont believe him at all, no. I am just seeing if he at least will outright say what he is implying.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

It would explain the large influx of horse shit at the back end of August and January.

• Like 1