BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Would love to see Koumetio get a start against Millwall really like what I saw against Newcastle. Seems a bit raw around the edges but potentially just what our team need(aside from a quality striker and  a commanding keeper)

We desperately need a really raw centre back who has struggled for game time in the French second division and who on debut made a big mistake in failing to shepherd the ball out, took a foul throw and didnt react at all to an opposition attacker having 2 shots that had to be well saved by Pears?

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Trademark Rovers would be to offer Fleck a new 2-year deal now because they feel bad for him getting injured while playing in a Rovers shirt - and not gettingt he opportunity to show the fans how good he is.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Would love to see Koumetio get a start against Millwall really like what I saw against Newcastle. Seems a bit raw around the edges but potentially just what our team need(aside from a quality striker and  a commanding keeper)

They all looked good v Newcastle but a few days later looked like they'd never seen each other before for 45 mins.

I like the look of him but not sure i'd be risking starting him in this, could always throw him on up front later if it's not going well !

13 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Trademark Rovers would be to offer Fleck a new 2-year deal now because they feel bad for him getting injured while playing in a Rovers shirt - and not gettingt he opportunity to show the fans how good he is.

Was reading the comments of a Sheff Utd fan earlier who was saying his legs had clearly gone before they gave him a 12 month extension.

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They all looked good v Newcastle but a few days later looked like they'd never seen each other before for 45 mins.

I like the look of him but not sure i'd be risking starting him in this, could always throw him on up front later if it's not going well !

I just think we need to mix it up and get fresh legs in the starting 11 (something we should have done at the weekend) cant just keep playing pretty much the same 11 in thecsame formation and expecting/hoping things will improve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We desperately need a really raw centre back who has struggled for game time in the French second division and who on debut made a big mistake in failing to shepherd the ball out, took a foul throw and didnt react at all to an opposition attacker having 2 shots that had to be well saved by Pears?

Ye, but apart from that......😅

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I just think we need to mix it up and get fresh legs in the starting 11 (something we should have done at the weekend) cant just keep playing pretty much the same 11 in thecsame formation and expecting/hoping things will improve

Yeah to be honest i would've made big changes on Saturday i'm surprised he didn't.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Come on it was obviously a silly move for us at the time coming off such a long injury layoff at his age

It was low risk signing in terms only 5 months contract and no long term commitment from us.

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Understand his garden is blooming! 

Hopefully, we've seen the last of him. 

He was in director box for Norwich with Waggott, Pasha, Coar and Cheston

11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Wait wtf?

Is it normal for footballers to have plates in their legs and still be able to play? (It might be, I genuinely have no idea but it sounds like an injury just waiting to happen?)

That would be a question for medical expert or someone with football medical experience. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was low risk signing in terms only 5 months contract and no long term commitment from us.

Agree to a degree, but it's also quite a big risk to loan out your central midfield captain and sell the best central midfielder and replace with a crock, if your going to replace , you kind of need to ensure they aren't on the way to the glue factory,  meaning we've now lost 3 centre mids since Jan.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think a major reason that hasn't happened is the squad is dire.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Absolutely massive game, nothing but a win is good enough, no excuses, no ‘we go again, we are hurting as much as the fans, we need togetherness, results will come stick with us’

3 points nothing less 

• Like 1

A massive test of the players stones tonight, we have to get 3 points. We must do the absolute basics that have been missing for months, take chances and be solid at the back. We don't stand a chance without the players doing that.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

If Greg was your gardener you'd have to check the labels on whatever he brought back from the garden centre, dandelions being passed off as roses.

Yep and the sell by dates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Agree to a degree, but it's also quite a big risk to loan out your central midfield captain and sell the best central midfielder and replace with a crock, if your going to replace , you kind of need to ensure they aren't on the way to the glue factory,  meaning we've now lost 3 centre mids since Jan.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

16 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fleck was a desperation stage gamble that ticked all the boxes for all the parties

Sheff Utd got shut and off their books and squad early.

Fleck got a shot at earning a longer deal here or impressing suffiently to attract interest from elsewhere.

Rovers got a quick fix at favourable cost to address a problem of their own making.

Unfortunately for us the risk was all on Rovers, because someone with his recent fitness record was always at risk of issues and so it has proven. 

But when you operate like this club has operated you get what you deserve. We wouldn't have needed Fleck if we hadn't taken the unprecedented step of loaning our captain (excellent fitness record) out in the first few days of the window

But when you are more interested in cutting costs than winning games these are the sort of decisions you get. We are now going to probably lose Championship status and all that goes with it as a result of such short-sightedness

Please forward to our CEO