BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

If Greg was your gardener you'd have to check the labels on whatever he brought back from the garden centre, dandelions being passed off as roses.

Yes, he reminds me of Mark Williams hopeless husband character on the Fast Show, returning with random useless items when sent out to the shops by his wife - “Even better than that……”.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Was reading the comments of a Sheff Utd fan earlier who was saying his legs had clearly gone before they gave him a 12 month extension.

Offloading Wharton and Travis in the midst of a relegation battle is borderline criminal. Surely heads will roll if we go down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Millwall have had a proper new Manager bounce with Neil Harris, winning their first 2 games with him in charge, and against good sides; Southampton (A), and Watford (H).

Unfortunately, I can't see them having much trouble with us. Half of our players simply aren't good enough at this level.

0-2 Millwall 😔

This is what happens when cost-cutting is the only priority. Waggott and Suhail are desperate to appease those scumbags in Pune, even if it's at the expense of our Championship status.

Get the rats out of our Club. Venkys Out. Waggot Out. Pasha Out.

Getting that whiff again.

They made decisions that would practically guarantee relegation in 2012-just before a massive increase in Premier League funding.

I believe the Championship is due a significant increase next season.

All this penny pinching is going to really cost he club in terms of income-again!!!

Why are they still here?!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Hindsight.. 

Pin in broken leg, legs gone, no games hardly , nearly 40 years old, ...

.aye no warning signs..bit early for drinking

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Millwall have had a proper new Manager bounce with Neil Harris, winning their first 2 games with him in charge, and against good sides; Southampton (A), and Watford (H).

Unfortunately, I can't see them having much trouble with us. Half of our players simply aren't good enough at this level.

0-2 Millwall 😔

Normally I agree, and looking at there last couple of results everything is pointing to an away win.

However, this is the Championship and us winning tonight wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I think it would be a false dawn because i don't see us winning 2 or 3 in a row but I can definitely see us winning tonight.

45 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Offloading Wharton and Travis in the midst of a relegation battle is borderline criminal. Surely heads will roll if we go down.

I doubt any heads will roll, no matter what.

Who have we sacked in the last 13 years?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Foresight is also a wonderful thing and all half decent management have it!  IMO, sadly we don't and it's the result of the constant dumbing down of employees across all departments at Rovers we've seen under present ownership.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

If Greg was your gardener you'd have to check the labels on whatever he brought back from the garden centre, dandelions being passed off as roses.

So you're comparing yourself to the Venkys then?

Cos the only comparable situation is that you've employed him as your gardener then given him 50p to do a £500 landscaping job.

12 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

So is foresight and plenty of people were saying it's a huge risk and he might break down straight away , once his injury record had been pointed out. 

He wasn’t even fit to play when we signed him.

Then, surprise surprise, he breaks down within a few minutes of his first appearance.

That is not bad luck.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Doubt it. The owners clearly don't care about league status, if they did they'd have made an ounce of effort in January 2023 and 2024 to get us promoted.

If they cared then at least one or more of Waggott, Broughton and Silvester would have been down the road long ago, fired for their involvement in the January fiascos (assuming they were responsible and not merely making excuses for the owners).

If / when we end up back in League One the only concern of the owners will be how much cash they need to pump in and whether that is acceptable to their current line of thinking / situation. If so they'll let the show roll on for longer, if not they will make further cuts and sales.

They don't fire people they like. Waggott, like Mowbray, established the personal link with his jollies to India and thus is in place as long as he wants to be.

• Like 2

For the record Fleck is 33 this coming August.

His legs have gone probably due to the 2 broken legs, COVID and on field collapse whilst at SU plus he's always been a bit stout but looks now to be carrying a few extra pounds.

Anyway he was in sufficient bad nick for SU to want rid in January even with their expected return to the Championship was obvious then.

We go out a employ a crock and he breaks down.

The signing is due to insanity or a % share, IMHO.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Tonight's match feels like one of the biggest in recent memory (for the wrong reasons), and it looks like we'll see one of our lowest ever crowds for a league game in recent decades, all thanks to the appalling way the club is being run. Anything less than 3 points simple isn't good enough now.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Who could have foreseen that?’

Every fecker bar one on here for a start.

The one you mention agrees with the many, he just likes to wind everyone up with contrary views.  Kind of sad really.

• Like 1

Our biggest game in years tonight. I have no faith in the current crop to get a win though. We lack the fight and leadership for a relegation fight whereas Millwall have that in abundance. 

If we go one down then we never come back to win so we simply have to get the first goal.

I think it will be a draw as Eustace is good at getting those. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, superniko said:

Tonight's match feels like one of the biggest in recent memory (for the wrong reasons), and it looks like we'll see one of our lowest ever crowds for a league game in recent decades, all thanks to the appalling way the club is being run. Anything less than 3 points simple isn't good enough now.

and also on the red button!

A classic night to get your feet up and enjoy a takeaway and a few beers.

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and also on the red button!

A classic night to get your feet up and enjoy a takeaway and a few beers.

Any clarity on whether you are specifically saying that Broughton has been put on gardening leave, as opposed to the cryptic waffle implying as such?

Just trying to put a bit of a positive spin on tonight's game (extremely difficult, I know), my daughter can't make it as she's on holiday & only gets back tomorrow so my stepson said he'd use her ST & come along.

Now, he's not a Rovers fan (Manure - blame his mother!) but has been to a few games with me over the years & generally we have a good record when he comes along. The games we haven't won have been against prem opposition where we have given a good account of ourselves (Mourinho's Manure & Newcastle last week). His first ever visit to Ewood saw us beat Reading 4-2 with goals from Benni Mac (2), RSC & Tugay.

Just hoping his streak continues!

Edited by windymiller7
just noticed I'd put RSQ instead of RSC
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Just trying to put a bit of a positive spin on tonight's game (extremely difficult, I know), my daughter can't make it as she's on holiday & only gets back tomorrow so my stepson said he'd use her ST & come along.

Now, he's not a Rovers fan (Manure - blame his mother!) but has been to a few games with me over the years & generally we have a good record when he comes along. The games we haven't won have been against prem opposition where we have given a good account of ourselves (Mourinho's Manure & Newcastle last week). His first ever visit to Ewood saw us beat Reading 4-2 with goals from Benni Mac (2), RSQ & Tugay.

Just hoping his streak continues!

Wasn't the game against Mourinho the season we went down? All things are alining for a trip to Wigan next season!!!

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Also Buckley is only back because he got injured. The cost cutting and pillaging isnt even subtle anymore. They dont give a shit.

• Like 9

Everything crossed for tonight's game, definitely a must not lose. A win would be huge and potentially propel us forward towards the weekend and Plymouth.

I think as always the first goal is huge, if we can get it, it should calm the players and the crowd. I do feel as though we're due some luck too. Not had a penalty in the league since August 👀maybe tonight is the night?

Ayari and Chrisene to come in for Moran and Pickering for me, wouldn't be surprised to see Markanday get a start too, but whoever can get the job done is good for me!

• Like 2