BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Who was that RB that was so good that we had to play two LB's to nullify?

Ha ha yes I forgot that pearl of wisdom, surely the guy in question has now moved clubs for millions ?

Nicko claiming we’re still after Gallagher. Liked him here but it’s a no from me, not needed and limits Brereton’s playing time even more. Plus is he even fit?

26 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

Wouldn't worry about what Nicko says. He also says that Travis is going on loan to Fleetwood..

Not agreeing with Nicko but I have a scenario for you

Possibly it has been agreed and signed before Christmas when Travis was nowhere near first team action and we can't back out of it, just like Brereton. 

18 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not agreeing with Nicko but I have a scenario for you

Possibly it has been agreed and signed before Christmas when Travis was nowhere near first team action and we can't back out of it, just like Brereton. 

How can we not back out of it? He is our player and this is a loan move. Much like in any loan move a parent club can recall a loanee when they feel like it - we would just recall him before sending him. 

• Like 2

I have to admit Bell actually had a good game yesterday , but I just know he won't replicate that form and Wiliams is shocking ... For me a new left back is more a priority then any other position

Edited by AJW

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, AJW said:

I have to admit Bell actually had a good game yesterday , but I just know he won't replicate that form and Wiliams is shocking ... For me a new left back is more a priority then any other position

He was much better against WBA as well. Hopefully the tide is turning with him!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Tom Eaves looks like a quality striker. A young Peter Crouch with strength. Has a a terrific touch, is strong on the ball and is about 8ft 6. Him and Dacky could make beautiful music upfront for us. 

I thought the same watching him on MOTD last night he did look a handful. Out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost a lot, may well be worth a gamble.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I thought the same watching him on MOTD last night he did look a handful. Out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost a lot, may well be worth a gamble.

For let's say 750,000 I think he would be a steal. Reminded me a bit of Andy Carroll too. Gillingham can keep bringing these players through for us if they like. 

9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

OMG..Please God, no!

What a way for TM to lose all credibility!

To be fair, I think the worst possible option would be to keep Travis at Rovers but not in the first XI. Delighted with the way that he's played in the last few games, and deserves to keep his place, but it's common for the form of youngsters to tail off once the adrenaline of stepping up to a new level wears off.

He obviously looks every inch the Championship player already, but so long as there's no repeat of him stewing in the reserves, at least he'll get a chance to develop and show what he can do consistently.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair, I think the worst possible option would be to keep Travis at Rovers but not in the first XI. Delighted with the way that he's played in the last few games, and deserves to keep his place, but it's common for the form of youngsters to tail off once the adrenaline of stepping up to a new level wears off.

He obviously looks every inch the Championship player already, but so long as there's no repeat of him stewing in the reserves, at least he'll get a chance to develop and show what he can do consistently.

He needs to be in Rovers first team midfield now.

To be honest, he should have been in the side months ago. Anything else is a concern...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

Probably been mentioned but bit concerned that our Bradders popped himself nicely into shop window for this month by scoring yesterday, even more than he was. Luckily I don't think West Ham are in enough trouble to go and spend £20m on him. 

Or do we think we need the cash to rebuild the squad?