BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Although we need new players in the door badly would be ridiculous if this guy is signed before we bring in a goalkeeper, centre back and left back 

It would be mad if we spent money on this guy but wouldn't stump up the 800k or whatever it was to buy the Charlton keeper.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They should approach Euro Garages.  A large Blackburn firm...

My thought too.

I can see the club putting informal offers to Charlton for Phillips and have been quoted a figure that would secure the player. That may have been done for several targets. Mowbray knows how much it will cost to acquire and pay the targets.Ultimately,his pitch is '"We've a decent nucleus of players, keep them together, bring these players in and I guarantee promotion.'

@BRFC4EVAThe last player we signed from New Zealand turned out to be a real good'un.

I read chaddyrovers for the options the club is considering, paul mani for what the club really wants to do .Based on that logic,since paul mani felt the need to defend mashed potatoes, he must be on a club retainer.

@herbie6590 Leeds United chairman Massimo Cellino is cleared by Italian 10/12/15 and Italian court finds Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino not 09/05/2016. Twice cleared on a case involving tax on an imported range rover.So, no, Cellino is not a convicted criminal.

Edited by Richard Oakley

12 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

My thought too.

I can see the club putting informal offers to Charlton for Phillips and have been quoted a figure that would secure the player. That may have been done for several targets. Mowbray knows how much it will cost to acquire and pay the targets.Ultimately,his pitch is '"We've a decent nucleus of players, keep them together, bring these players in and I guarantee promotion.'

@BRFC4EVAThe last player we signed from New Zealand turned out to be a real good'un.

I read chaddyrovers for the options the club is considering, paul mani for what the club really wants to do .Based on that logic,since paul mani felt the need to defend mashed potatoes, he must be on a club retainer.

@herbie6590 Leeds United chairman Massimo Cellino is cleared by Italian 10/12/15 and Italian court finds Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino not 09/05/2016. Twice cleared on a case involving tax on an imported range rover.So, no, Cellino is not a convicted criminal.

Cellino is a convicted criminal. He was convicted in 1996 for deceiving the Italian Ministry of Agriculture out of £7.5m and in 2001 for false accounting.

Paul Mani was not defending me but rather the right of all posters to express opinions - and quite right too.

• Like 1

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Cellino is a convicted criminal. He was convicted in 1996 for deceiving the Italian Ministry of Agriculture out of £7.5m and in 2001 for false accounting.

Paul Mani was not defending me but rather the right of all posters to express opinions - and quite right too.

The reason given in the press for the EFL action against Cellino was the Calgiari vat case. Not countered by the EFL, either. How long before convictions are 'spent' in Italy? 5 years? 10 years?

You weren't expressing an opinion, you were making a demand. I could read the obituaries page; it doesn't mean I'm dead. I consider you a Venkys shill and not a fan.

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I imagine that's erm somewhat difficult at present

Very true with the current travel restrictions and whether people are willing to quarantine for 14 days before signing here if they are from those countries. 

Its only been up and running properly for 12 months since we appointed Bruno Reis as our European Chief Scout, so hopefully we will see some players signed from Europe

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true with the current travel restrictions and whether people are willing to quarantine for 14 days before signing here if they are from those countries. 

Why would someone having to quarantine for 14 days stop us or them agreeing to a lucrative 2/3/4 year contract?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its only been up and running properly for 12 months since we appointed Bruno Reis as our European Chief Scout, so hopefully we will see some players signed from Europe

Only two days ago you were suggesting that quarantine rules could be dodged by the club testing players avoiding the need for a 14 day quarantine.

The quarantine rules do not apply to Germany where all the foreign links have been.

Now you are suggesting that these rules could be preventing us signing players from abroad. How is it any different to Travis and Armstrong going to Ibiza on holiday?

How long did it take Wolves to start signing European players after their owners took over? Is more than a year really an acceptable time frame?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only two days ago you were suggesting that quarantine rules could be dodged by the club testing players avoiding the need for a 14 day quarantine.

The quarantine rules do not apply to Germany where all the foreign links have been.

Now you are suggesting that these rules could be preventing us signing players from abroad. How is it any different to Travis and Armstrong going to Ibiza on holiday?

How long did it take Wolves to start signing European players after their owners took over? Is more than a year really an acceptable time frame?

We have been linked to other foreign players like the winger in Poland or keeper in France. 

Southampton had to wait 14 days before signing the defender they just have in the past week. 

Travis and Armstrong and other players went away before the quarantine rules came in place 

Wolves started signing European players as Mendes was involved in transfers there and probably still is. Plus their head coach is from Mendes' agency. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have been linked to other foreign players like the winger in Poland or keeper in France. 

Southampton had to wait 14 days before signing the defender they just have in the past week. 

Travis and Armstrong and other players went away before the quarantine rules came in place 

Wolves started signing European players as Mendes was involved in transfers there and probably still is. Plus their head coach is from Mendes' agency. 

It doesn't matter when they went away, were they back before 4 am on Saturday?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You don't need to defend everything the club does.

Mowbray has been here 3 seasons and has signed 1 player from abroad in Holtby, it's not good enough really.Covid will just be used as a coveniant excuse whilst other clubs bring in foreign players.

Recruitment needs to be taken away from Mowbray,we need a DOF

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It doesn't matter when they went away, were they back before 4 am on Saturday?

Depends where players went to. Some have gone to Spain, Italy or Greece from what I've seen

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You don't need to defend everything the club does.

Mowbray has been here 3 seasons and has signed 1 player from abroad in Holtby, it's not good enough really.Covid will just be used as a coveniant excuse whilst other clubs bring in foreign players.

Recruitment needs to be taken away from Mowbray,we need a DOF

You don't need to always moan about the club does either. 

You have to give things time to work and develop. These scouting network cant been done overnight. If we hadn't got rid of it we wouldn't have been in position before. 

the European Scouting network was proper set up around 12 months and Bruno Reis appointed within the timespan.  

Judge the recruitment this summer after the window is done. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Suspect that Hofmann will be at another club in a different country within 48 hours as Iversen was last week.

We dont need a striker and a target man would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

No we don’t, we have one in Gallagher but play him on the wing.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends where players went to. Some have gone to Spain, Italy or Greece from what I've seen

You have to give things time to work and develop. These scouting network cant been done overnight. If we hadn't got rid of it we wouldn't have been in position before. 

the European Scouting network was proper set up around 12 months and Bruno Reis appointed within the timespan.  

How will you judge the network if we don’t sign a single foreign player?

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't always moan I comment on what I see.Plenty of times I have given Mowbray and the club praise.

"judge the recruitment after the window is closed" you say this every window.We have no first team goalkeeper,no central defensive partner for Lenihan, no competent left back ,no striker apart from Armstrong as Mowbray plays Gallagher and Brereton out wide.

We are a few week away from the start of the season the window might not shut till October the 10th but if we are waiting till then to address those key areas then we will be in for a struggle this season, no question.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

I don't always moan I comment on what I see.Plenty of times I have given Mowbray and the club praise.

"judge the recruitment after the window is closed" you say this every window.We have no first team goalkeeper,no central defensive partner for Lenihan, no competent left back ,no striker apart from Armstrong as Mowbray plays Gallagher and Brereton out wide.

We are a few week away from the start of the season the window might not shut till October the 10th but if we are waiting till then to address those key areas then we will be in for a struggle this season, no question.

Our lack of effective transfer dealing prior to kick off has hamstrung us for years under venkys.  We never get off to a good start. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It was just the other side of your comment you made thats all. If I feel the need to criticise the club I will but if I don't I won't

Other clubs have no 1st choice keeper like Birmingham, Huddersfield for example and haven't got one in yet. 

We do have partner for Lenihan in Williams or Wharton. Yes we need 1 centre back in and I am sure we get once in. 

There isn't many transfers happened so far. Probably around 20% of total transfers done when we reached the end of the window. A number of championship clubs haven't made any signings yet

we are 4 weeks away from the start of the league season and we need a number of signings to be made by then. But out of the players thats have transfers done so far is there anyone out there you think we really miss out on? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2