BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Mowbray seems to be actively flogging Armstrong. “Future Premier League player.” And all that.

I wonder if his summer recruitment programme depends on it? I think so.

Having failed miserably in his target of the top 6 now for 3 years he will have to arm himself with something else to try to keep favour with the Indians. 

By telling them about how much players are now worth or indeed selling Armstrong for good money to a top flight club he will be able to lean back on that and promise more to come if they stick with him.

He's not as clever as he thinks he is. But he's clever enough to have worked out what he needs to do here to keep things ticking over nicely with the owners and keep him playing football manager for another year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

4 years at the helm for old Tony today.

The journey continues...

Do you not find it odd that there wasn't some huge gushing tribute to him yesterday with it being his 4th anniversary?

Even scrolling through twitter his biggest fan Benno and co haven't even piped up.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Do you not find it odd that there wasn't some huge gushing tribute to him yesterday with it being his 4th anniversary?

Even scrolling through twitter his biggest fan Benno and co haven't even piped up.

Seems very odd, tweeted Rich asking why they didn't announce, no response, they even wished Pascal Chimbonda happy birthday

Do we think 5 losses in a row will force Venkys hand? Or given the amount of attention they pay us will they look at the amount of injuries we have and conclude Mr Lemon Drizzle is doing the best he could in difficult circumstances? 

It boils my piss that were saddled with owners that are happy to plough in £200m but don't appear to give a fuck. Surely we're the only club in the country in this position?! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He specified that the 4th anniversary cake for the photoshoot must have the icing and marzipan on the inside and sponge coated with jam on the outside, needless to say much like his on field fetish for things out of position it didn't turn out to well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Do we think 5 losses in a row will force Venkys hand? Or given the amount of attention they pay us will they look at the amount of injuries we have and conclude Mr Lemon Drizzle is doing the best he could in difficult circumstances? 

It boils my piss that were saddled with owners that are happy to plough in £200m but don't appear to give a fuck. Surely we're the only club in the country in this position?! 

I think there are larger concerns than the football at the moment. Venky's won't want to rock the boat whilst their sultans of spin have work to do. Estates don't build themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think there are larger concerns than the football at the moment. Venky's won't want to rock the boat whilst their sultans of spin have work to do. Estates don't build themselves. 

If only the clowns would listen to people who know what they're doing, not the vultures they have over the last decade, then they'd understand they would make more in one season in the Prem than selling off Brockhall and that Mowbray ain't going to get us there. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Very odd, I thought there would be tributes flying round all over from Sharpe and the official site. I can only assume the club have decided that as we are failing miserably on the pitch that it isn't appropriate. 

I thought Waggott would have piped up. Is he dead?

• Like 4

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

If only the clowns would listen to people who know what they're doing, not the vultures they have over the last decade, then they'd understand they would make more in one season in the Prem than selling off Brockhall and that Mowbray ain't going to get us there. 

Are they really still 'misguided' though or they wilfully visiting this upon us? Of course, if they were, it would beg the question: Why the hell are they injecting money into the club?

49 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Probably going to celebrate it when he signs a new contract after our next win 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Couldn't agree more. But as one of the club's sponsors wrote on this site only 24 hours ago 'we aren't getting to the Prem'. That's the mentality from the club, and those that support everything it does. We have been dumbed down to a lower mid-table Championship club. It helps when selling off the family silver. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very odd, I thought there would be tributes flying round all over from Sharpe and the official site. I can only assume the club have decided that as we are failing miserably on the pitch that it isn't appropriate. 

I thought Waggott would have piped up. Is he dead?

Perhaps Waggott was the source of the infamous 'Kent strain' of Covid.. 

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

We're bound to put in the performance of the season then. Given my betting prowess probably ranks below Mercers, i might just go all in on a Rovers win. 

Genuinely think we'll continue to lose until he's gone. I know he has pulled out wins when he has needed to previously, but we're sub level shit at the moment, worse than it's even been under him. 

• Like 2