BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No.

But I'm pretty sure there were no plans submitted to sell off part of the training complex and build houses on it.

Well that first comment is BS Mercer and you know it. 

Ive posted my views on the Training ground complex being in one area in the appropriate thread. This isn't it. Look at my comments in that thread for my views and thoughts

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Whilst both men got us relegated, neither threatened the long term future of our club. Neither was in position long enough. Mowbray is.

I would disagree. He has outlasted his welcome for quite a bit now, we are stagnating for sure. But he isnt threatening the long term future of our club.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would disagree. He has outlasted his welcome for quite a bit now, we are stagnating for sure. But he isnt threatening the long term future of our club.

Agreed and I think this training pitch situation isn't the most important issue at the moment. That is replacing the manager and backroom team. To build for next season. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I know how Tony loves a stat, so here’s a few for him: 

Lost the last 4

Last 15 matches (all comps):

Conceded first in 12

Scored in the first half twice

Won 4 

Scored 12

4 wins in 15.

He left Coventry after a run of 10 games without a win.

Give us a break like you did Coventry Tony! (though don't leave Venus behind this time)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agreed and I think this training pitch situation isn't the most important issue at the moment. That is replacing the manager and backroom team. To build for next season. 

The logical thing to do now would be to bring in a new manager now that a play off finish is unrealistic and play predominantly the players that he plans to keep in a formation that he would like to play, consistently.

If they dont go up this season, I would suspect teams such as Forest and Cardiff will be much stronger with managers having already started to mould the team into the way they would like. As it is, Mowbray will still be overseeing confusion well into next season. Demoralising.

• Like 2

I'm genuinely struggling to come to terms with the arrogance of the man and his 'performance-related' comments. They really are Kean-esque.

Mowbray obviously thinks he's bigger than the club if he thinks his 'philosophies' are more important than results.

I've never known any other manager come out with such nonsense. Ever. 

Results matter, nothing else.

Mowbray Out.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Shutting Brockall would constitute a major threat to our future.

We are still in the dark about the exact plans, but even assuming that they are a major threat, it isnt of Mowbrays doing.

The only indirect way in which he would be responsible is not getting us promoted to date.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The logical thing to do now would be to bring in a new manager now that a play off finish is unrealistic and play predominantly the players that he plans to keep in a formation that he would like to play, consistently.

If they dont go up this season, I would suspect teams such as Forest and Cardiff will be much stronger with managers having already started to mould the team into the way they would like. As it is, Mowbray will still be overseeing confusion well into next season. Demoralising.

Ya, I'm approaching Kean like levels of frustration now. If he goes soon though, I will move on from that and recognise the good job he did, to a point. I hope it doesn't drag to the point where he damages the good work he did do. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you having a LAUGH?

This 'training pitch issue' ??? ARE YOU HAVING A GODDAM GIRAFFE? It is an Existential Crisis for this club. Nothing less.

Methinks you just let your colours slip there pal.

'Training pitch issue..." Pah!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
He's fat, He's round, He Bounces on the ground..but not Brockhall, Not Brockhall!
  • Like 1

If it weren’t Rovers, it’d be fascinating to think about how this is going to play out.

He isn’t going to walk.

Waggott won’t or has no jurisdiction to replace him.

Pasha looks to have no inclination or power to do anything.

Venkys don’t appear to care one way or the other.

How will it end?

CDEE9479-CF15-4525-A62F-9B3C3A4BFBFA.thumb.jpeg.f03845dbea0d8a319012548fb254db9d.jpeg

• Like 4