BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just what's needed, the Boro Old Boys Network.

Other managers can't win when commenting on their opponents, most of them would make a comment like this & perhaps undeservedly get stick from the fans, others *cough*Paul Cook*cough* make negative or gloating comments and they quite rightly get grief.

I think most managers treat reactions to comments in the press with the same amount of attention that they give the reactions on message boards like this 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, StubbsUK said:

Other managers can't win when commenting on their opponents, most of them would make a comment like this & perhaps undeservedly get stick from the fans, others *cough*Paul Cook*cough* make negative or gloating comments and they quite rightly get grief.

I think most managers treat reactions to comments in the press with the same amount of attention that they give the reactions on message boards like this 🙂

There's always one.

Its hardly worth bothering.

• Like 1

Just now, StubbsUK said:

Not following the logic on this one? One manager gets grief for gloating when they pip us to the title (understandable) another gets grief for supporting our dreadful manager simply because he's his mate (again, understandable). 

I have to analyse why this happened. The consequences have to come directly to me, I decided who played, the style we were trying to play so I have to be the first one to face those questions.

Thats what the Huddersfield manager said last night after the thumping by Norwich. Has TM ever said the consequences should come to him or he should face questions? In fact he's the opposite and things no one has a right to question him. Would be nice if he could take just a smidgen of this accountability. 

• Like 8

Tony Mowbrays teams don't play winning football that's the problem.  That's why he gets sacked everywhere after a couple of years.

I'm sure Boro fans loved his midtable fare so much they'd have swapped it for the Karanca years. Or Coventry fans would still prefer sitting at the lower end of league 2 to watch this mythical football.

Thick as pigswill these pundits.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, frosty said:

"Tony Mowbray's teams play good football" - this really does have to be the biggest myth going. It's all based on his West Brom team from 12/13 years ago that got promoted from the Championship scoring a lot of goals but then passed their way to 20th place in the Premier League.

Yet you still hear Sky pundits say it every time we're on TV. Clueless.

It is a very good point - this clueless buffoon (the gurning one, not you Frosty) seems insulated from reality by a single 'flash in the pan' success from donkeys years back. The media don't seem aware of the truly appalling form that his so called tactical nous has churned out week after sodding week since mid November.

The season has effectively ended for Rovers. The gunning one has clearly missed his stated target for this campaign. The players are either baffled by his approach or, more likely, just coasting to the end of the season with no effort (& let's face it, what IS there to play for?). The ONLY question left unresolved imo is Why isn't the fat lady singing for this managerial misfit?

Please just go and gurn somewhere else Mr Mowbray. You don't need the money, you know your continued presence here is actually  damaging the club, so why are you hanging around like a bad smell? 

Off you go now, like an honourable chap, and all that..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Tony Mowbrays teams don't play winning football that's the problem.  That's why he gets sacked everywhere after a couple of years.

I'm sure Boro fans loved his midtable fare so much they'd have swapped it for the Karanca years. Or Coventry fans would still prefer sitting at the lower end of league 2 to watch this mythical football.

Are they thick though? They are cute enough to arse cover for him, whilst laughing at the fans off air I would imagine. 

I'd say no one can believe they haven't sacked him 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just what's needed, the Boro Old Boys Network.

Fuck of Woodgate you prick

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-future-manager-20333204

North Korea would be impressed with the amount of propaganda the managers and LMA can spin to keep each other employed. Football really is the biggest boys club in the world, usually running up losses of circa £500k PER WEEK!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Tony Mowbrays teams don't play winning football that's the problem.  That's why he gets sacked everywhere EXCEPT ROVERS after a couple of years.

Fixed it for you..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not following the logic on this one? One manager gets grief for gloating when they pip us to the title (understandable) another gets grief for supporting our dreadful manager simply because he's his mate (again, understandable). 

I was one of those who did not give Cook grief over that.

I did however give Mowbray grief for, after finishing 2nd, belittling the winning of the L1 Title.

Having said that and apart from the very rare lapse I have given the charlatan grief ever since he darkened Ewood doorsteps.

All it took was simple research into what had gone on at Celtic and then Coventry to know he was not fit for purpose and never will be again.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

North Korea would be impressed with the amount of propaganda the managers and LMA can spin to keep each other employed. Football really is the biggest boys club in the world, usually running up losses of circa £500k PER WEEK!

TM is, allegedly, hosting the next Lunch for the EFL Managers Destroy & Exit Club

Steve and Sam are, again allegedly, impressed with the Brockhall scam

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are they thick though? They are cute enough to arse cover for him, whilst laughing at the fans off air I would imagine. 

The point is, there ISNT anyone at the club in a position to sack him - we literally have no oversight or governance in place at Ewood. He could take a shit on the centre circle on telly this weekend and there would be no comeuppance at a local level, as we no longer have a decision making structure in place at our club, just cronies and yes-men in the shadows.

It makes my blood boil - fooking Pune morons pouring their scorn on OUR HERITAGE. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wonder if Mowbray and Woodgate shared a lift home to Teesside after the game on Monday? Maybe Downing and Pears too?

Very cosy. 

Probably, all rubbing there hands together.

Downing and Pears looking at each other like "how are we getting contracts so easily, when in reality we're pretty shit"

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just don't think they pay enough attention to be honest and of course the football old boys club is alive and well. Mostly exists on hype, lies and bull shit.

It's the arrogance that gets me most they don't listen to fans who pay to watch all the time.  They prefer to just look at the stats and speak to another pundit who happens to be a managers pal.  Lazy tossers just chucking out soundbytes most of the time.

It's funny though as my only memory really of him as an opposition manager is when Boro came to Ewood and counter attacked us off the park. That was in the dying embers of Kean so we were rubbish. Very much like we are now, sideways, backwards, slow and completely toothless.

We've actually seen some of that stuff from TMs Rovers at times and it is the style that suited us most. He abandoned it though for the going nowhere rubbish we see now.

Just why he saw fit for such a sea change is the million dollar question, almost like he's trying to hold us back. For the last 18 moths what we've seen mostly on the pitch is more what you'd associate with Kean & Coyle = a confusing mess.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s easy to be gracious when you’ve left Ewood with three points and your team barely getting their shorts dirty.

The two things that made me laugh from Woodgate’s comments though-

‘Tony Mowbray’s teams play good football’.

Wrong, Jonathan.

‘He’s the most passionate coach’.

Wrong again, Jonathan. He practically falls asleep on the touch line and looks bored out of his head on March days....

I think it's easy for them to confuse waffle with passion.

Just because he can talk a glass eye to sleep about football doesn't mean he's a passionate manager. He comes across more like a fan or pundit at times, commentating on things whilst remaining detached from it himself.

A rare talent considering he's talking about his own flipping team losing again.