BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

13 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's a strange situation. I get the feeling that Mowbray has probably had enough and wouldn't mind getting the sack. His body language, pitchside behaviour, interviews and general attitude suggests this to me. However, there is probably some substance in the theory that he won't 'walk' because he wants to protect his mates Venus and Waggott who may struggle to keep their jobs if he goes.

Maybe the owners are leaving any decision making to Waggott so it's a stalemate. Waggott is not a football man in any way ( I've met him a few times ) - he is here to take care of the business side of things. I can't imagine that he would have the first idea what to do if Mowbray went and he was left to appoint a new manager.

It could be that the owners have lapped up the brockhall scheme and want to see it through. Just think - Make a few million from the land sale, reduce costs in the future and have a better training set up than we have now! what's not to like ? A few restless natives are a minor consideration. So they want Waggott to stay in place until it's well under way and that means Mowbray stays too - whether he wants to or not.

Mowbray and Waggott are getting the brunt of the ire but they are just a symptom of the owners' ignorance and lack of interest. As always, I will continue to encourage people to boycott (when you have the opportunity). We need to let the owners know how we feel. Turning up at Ewood out of habit just encourages them.

I know, some people will say we will end up like Bolton if Venky's leave. I'd take that swap right now. Bolton will be back in the Championship within 2 or 3 years with engaged owners, a clean slate, no debt and an excited, rejuvinated fan base. Where will we be ?

I would agree with most of that apart from Waggott having the power to sack, that lies with pasha and balaji

6 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

When you objectively read and listen to what he has said. I think he is a man under pressure he’s sounded like this for weeks. Which does make me think he’s been told he’s being moved on in the summer. A lot of what he’s saying now is damage recovery as most now think we are underachieving and other championship blogs etc have picked this up. Playing the hard done to crowd isn’t to venkys it’s for his next job. 

I agree he is under pressure for weeks..around the game against Reading game his comments make it sound a man under pressure. Then recently.its like he been trying to talk the owners through the media cos he no longer has direct contact with the owners as everything has to go through Pasha now. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think the decision to sack him has been made but cos we used HSH agency if they dont have a suitable candidate might be why hes not gone yet. 

From non result focused managers and owners, to the tail still wagging the dog a decade on with a preferred agency providing a pre-approved shortlist of managers.

What chance do we have, really?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think they're weighing up whether to appoint someone from Barratt or Redrow.

Never buy a new build, designed to last 20-30 years, shocking houses.

I am curious, we all seem galvanised in opinion regarding our management team, but I would like to know if we can transform that into an action? We have a home game coming up, so if the the supporters groups and individuals were to turn up at kick off, could we muster several hundred of us to protest? A plane flying over, hundreds of us chanting would make the press in the current climate and whilst they may not act at least we would have tried. I am willing to contribute to the plane idea and also to turn up and scream my head off, but are others and the supporters groups? We need to do something, otherwise nothing will change and our club will decline further. Other suggestions are also welcome. So how many of us are willing?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

Never buy a new build, designed to last 20-30 years, shocking houses.

I am curious, we all seem galvanised in opinion regarding our management team, but I would like to know if we can transform that into an action? We have a home game coming up, so if the the supporters groups and individuals were to turn up at kick off, could we muster several hundred of us to protest? A plane flying over, hundreds of us chanting would make the press in the current climate and whilst they may not act at least we would have tried. I am willing to contribute to the plane idea and also to turn up and scream my head off, but are others and the supporters groups? We need to do something, otherwise nothing will change and our club will decline further. Other suggestions are also welcome. So how many of us are willing?

I'm not sure it's a good idea to encourage a gathering at the moment. If nothing else, it would allow for the supporters to be painted in a bad light.

The trouble with the plane is, it's a bit of a hackneyed old idea now, and may appear a little crass.

A newspaper advert might be good, but I guess the LT would be loathe to run it for fear of upsetting the club.

Provided we followed the laws, what can they do? Lock down will be over and even the police will not be able to stop us. Yes the plane has been done, but a paper advert is too placate and won't generate further coverage.

As though the current situation paints the club in a good light?

It’s people’s right to protest, having a few pints doesn’t change that does it?

All I am saying is Ewood Park is not a long walk from the Brown Cow, Havelock etc. A bit of liquid courage and people may want to tell Mowbray he’s a prick in person.

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I think they're weighing up whether to appoint someone from Barratt or Redrow.

"We can continue respecting Jack Walkers legacy by building an estate of champions league quality homes within the next two years for 1 million a year, using apprentices and a few builder loans from Eastern Europe" - Mrs Desai 09/04/21 (probably)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19220124.tony-mowbray-sticking-beliefs-amid-rovers-criticism/

“Every football club wants to go in a direction, I’ve talked a lot about a journey and making this team a more possession-based and ball orientated team,” he said

“I’ve spent my career not liking stats, it’s down to whether you win or lose, but there is a correlation out there between having more possession and losing.”

Wait, am I tripping?  Has he admitted there’s a correlation between more possession and losing, whilst insisting on a more possession-based system?  Surely he means winning???  Though our correlation is certainly one with losing. 

Need to listen to the audio to see if that’s what was said.  Flabbergasting, if so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I'm not sure it's a good idea to encourage a gathering at the moment. If nothing else, it would allow for the supporters to be painted in a bad light.

The trouble with the plane is, it's a bit of a hackneyed old idea now, and may appear a little crass.

A newspaper advert might be good, but I guess the LT would be loathe to run it for fear of upsetting the club.

There are perfectly good electronic display systems on the Fox & Hounds site and adjacent to the Darwen End on Bolton Road that could be utilised, if we were to put a little effort into crowdfunding a statement or two. There are also railings a plenty in the approaches to the stadium to which a variety of custom made messages could easily be appended and photographed (for wider publicity means). Of course I'm not saying we should do such a thing - I mean, shaming the club on it's own doorstep? Who would dare to think of adopting that kind of guerrilla tactics anyway...? Audacious upstarts? A lunatic fringe? Actual supporters with the best long term interests of the club at heart.....?!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think the decision to sack him has been made but cos we used HSH agency if they dont have a suitable candidate might be why hes not gone yet. 

I mean if our search is limited to one agency, what's the point?

It would in fact just show how little Venkys have been paying attention over the last 10 years, or how much they actually care.

• Like 1

His body language clearly suggests that he simply isn’t bothered whether we win lose or draw- he knows he is at the end of the line whether it’s him resigning or getting hooked and that really does annoy the shit out of the supporters.

Waggots silence in media circles emphasises this and shows a clear lack of value of our club and epitomises the level of his leadership in running our club.

Its a total shit show🤬

• Like 2

Just now, mustard said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19220124.tony-mowbray-sticking-beliefs-amid-rovers-criticism/

“Every football club wants to go in a direction, I’ve talked a lot about a journey and making this team a more possession-based and ball orientated team,” he said

“I’ve spent my career not liking stats, it’s down to whether you win or lose, but there is a correlation out there between having more possession and losing.”

Wait, am I tripping?  Has he admitted there’s a correlation between more possession and losing, whilst insisting on a more possession-based system?  Surely he means winning???  Though our correlation is certainly one with losing. 

Need to listen to the audio to see if that’s what was said.  Flabbergasting, if so. 

It only makes sense of you carry on reading to the next para in the article....he's acknowledging that we have loads of possession and lose but...

“That shouldn’t be the case, you should have more control and be able to create chances and the more you have the ball the less chance the opposition should have"

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I mean if our search is limited to one agency, what's the point?

It would in fact just show how little Venkys have been paying attention over the last 10 years, or how much they actually care.

Yes, you can imagine the job description...

Manager Required (Football Operations and Strategy)

Following the recent progression the club into the English fourth tier, Blackburn Rovers PLC seeks the services of an ambitious, capable and experienced professional manager to take charge of first team matters. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear track record of success, including leading teams with a similar historical and professional pedigree through systematic and transformational change, as we seek to climb the football pyramid back to our rightful place at the highest levels in sport in this country.

We anticipate the successful candidate will bring not only a wide and well established network of relationships and connections within the game, but also the commercial acumen to build a vibrant and purposeful squad of senior professionals capable of competing effectively at the highest levels.

Recognised and accredited professional qualifications are a must, as is the ability to assemble a strong and dedicated team of support staff for front of house and back-room roles.

Candidates whose modus operandi includes facial contortionism, directing game play from prone positions, effecting the appearance of sleep during match time, use of supercilious remarks to contain local press coverage, public chiding of staff as a 'motivating approach', dogmatic insistence on the use of assets in clearly inappropriate roles during match play, constant berating and undermining of long term supporters as being somehow unrelated to long term decision making and planning, collaboration with unspecified but potentially unscrupulous others to asset strip this proud club, or any other such non-football-positive behaviours NEED NOT APPLY.

Applications to: The Tea Lady (being the senior 'management' representative left in the actual building following the recent departure of the (haha) Chief Executive). Blackburn Rovers Football Club PLC. Nuttall Street, Blackburn BB2 4JF

Like that is going to happen...

Edited by WIR Second Coming
He's fat, he's round, he's tearing down the ground, Steve Waggot, Steve Maggot!
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

There are perfectly good electronic display systems on the Fox & Hounds site and adjacent to the Darwen End on Bolton Road that could be utilised, if we were to put a little effort into crowdfunding a statement or two. There are also railings a plenty in the approaches to the stadium to which a variety of custom made messages could easily be appended and photographed (for wider publicity means). Of course I'm not saying we should do such a thing - I mean, shaming the club on it's own doorstep? Who would dare to think of adopting that kind of guerrilla tactics anyway...? Audacious upstarts? A lunatic fringe? Actual supporters with the best long term interests of the club at heart.....?!!

Good idea. I think it's been looked at before, but maybe an advert in the Indian press rather than the LT?

‘I’ve spent my career not liking stats, it’s down to whether you win or lose’

Hang on, thought it wasn’t about winning or losing, but ‘performances’? Anyone would think he has begun to say the exact opposite to the above quote, which is the very antithesis of what first team managers are appointed for, for the benefit of idiotic owners and job preservation...

• Like 2

The guy should be ripped into little pieces by ANY half decent journo with a pair of balls.  The stuff he comes out with is meat and drink it's like a boxer standing thee with his hands down.

Unbelievable how he can get away with such contradictory dog shit week after week, month after month. He's embarrassing. 

Soon as he mentions possession and performance again after another defeat there's your chance boys !

• Like 6