BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Lying earlier this week then, was he?

“I talk about the games to them, what they saw, they don’t like to lose as I don’t like to lose, but they see the team performing at a level.”

Says here on the 5th March communication to the owners go through Suhail Pasha

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19138838.mowbray-maintains-player-belief-amid-rovers-poor-run/

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Says here on the 5th March communication to the owners go through Suhail Pasha

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19138838.mowbray-maintains-player-belief-amid-rovers-poor-run/

So he was lying this week then and he doesn’t have post match chats where they discuss Gallagher out wide and all the rest of his tactical master strokes?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So he was lying this week then and he doesn’t have post match chats where they discuss Gallagher out wide and all the rest of his tactical master strokes?

They usually get “out wide” mixed up with down the leg side. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The problem with sacking him next week is, what if (by some miracle) we win tomorrow? Unlikely to sack him after a win, surely?

Not sure they’ll care i suspect they didn’t know the full impact of brockhall, and will act accordingly 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, he very much was. Either that or he seems to think that Pasha ‘is’ the owners. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's their way they do it. 

I dont think Mowbray should have a direct line the owners. Everything should go Pasha and good CEO(not Waggott)

The last 4 managers have come from that Agency. Mowbray has done well but this season is unacceptable, Bowyer did a fairly good job but couldnt take us further, Lambert not here long enough as I think he would have got us top 6, Coyle was disaster. 

I hope they dont use any agency but appoint the best candidate whether it British manager like Wilder, Hughes, Neil, Ainsworth for example or we go foriegn head coach like Rosler or Ivic for example with Sporting director in place. 

I know it is "their" way but do you agree with it?

• Like 1

I don't subscribe to the notion that the Brockhall fiasco is off the table just because some nomark journalist has tweeted a picture (.jpg) that it is.. 

Happy enough if it is the case though, and will wave goodbye to the end of Tony Mowbray and his gurning indifference to my club with the rest of ye. 

COYB! TIME FOR A CHANGE! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes, he very much was. Either that or he seems to think that Pasha ‘is’ the owners. 

I don't think he remembers what he has said from one week to the next have to say am becoming a tad concerned these contradictions have become more and more prevalent in the last six months

• Like 2

I don't think the announcement means they are going but I do think it shows a loss of trust and a natural withdrawal. 

Interesting that it was a clubs spokesman and not Waggott. Sulking?

I think if it was linked to them going that would be announced first.

I also think its about withdrawing trust as it seems clearer certain players won't be here next season e.g. Nyambe almost as though they wanted more funds to convince him to stay and now the owners are pulling back its clearer its the 12 month option, sell or tribunal.

I'll say it again the Journey is just a strapline to India, a sales pitch if you like.

There is no journey with this team how could there be ?  Half of it might be gone in summer. So really it's outright bull he's just saying please stick with me i want to keep this cushy job and keep all my mates in wages.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He’s mentioned the journey so many times now I’m half expecting the team to walk out to don’t stop believing which is ironic in itself 😂

Mowbray's Journey:

Infinity, Evolution, Departure

Infinity - was the 4 year contract

Evolution - the failed transition to tippy tappy

Departure - hopefully the Ewood release is very soon

Edited by AllRoverAsia

So brockhall is of the table. Maybe the penny dropped with our long distance owners that they where just about to get dicked. Loss of cat 1 would have been a disaster and that was going to happen.Waggot is a chancer. Mowbray a poor manager. Venus is mainly asleep.

This may be the point where we say goodbye. In my opinion god help any club that they end up at.

Here’s a question for the stattos. I always thought that in terms of wins Rovers worst run of form was 1 win in 13 (12 defeats tbf) at the end of the 1966 session. Has there been any worse? If not Mowbray’s 1 win 14 already makes him responsible for an undesirable club record. Pretty decent effort for a man some still hold in high regard. 

22 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Here’s a question for the stattos. I always thought that in terms of wins Rovers worst run of form was 1 win in 13 (12 defeats tbf) at the end of the 1966 session. Has there been any worse? If not Mowbray’s 1 win 14 already makes him responsible for an undesirable club record. Pretty decent effort for a man some still hold in high regard. 

I think (someone will be able to correct me if wrong) but I'm sure I read recently that our worst ever run of form is 1 win in 17, so a few more to go until he has that honour.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think (someone will be able to correct me if wrong) but I'm sure I read recently that our worst ever run of form is 1 win in 17, so a few more to go until he has that honour.

I wonder if that might have been under 2 managers, instead of just 1? I am sure someone can find out.

Just now, matt83 said:

Couldn’t find the 1 win in 17 unless miscounted but not looking again. 🤣

1935-36 1 win in 16 (2 different managers)

1968-69 1 win in 16 (Eddie quigley)

1978-79 1 win in 16 (John Pickering)

1970-71 1 win in 15 (Johnny Carey)

Tony Mowbray 1 win in 14 not out

2011-12 1 win in 13 (Steve Kean).

Esteemed company there. I think he’s going for the record. He might as well be remembered for something

He can break the record live on SKY against Sheff Weds. It would be fitting if it was brought to his attention in the post-match interview. 

He's on a journey into the record books.

Record-breaking based manager. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He can break the record live on SKY against Sheff Weds. It would be fitting if it was brought to his attention in the post-match interview. 

He's on a journey into the record books.

Record-breaking based manager. 

Even if the drongos at sky knew they wouldn’t bring it up. Would go against Tony is a nice guy doing a great job mantra. 

• Like 1