BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

The most frustrating aspect for me, perhaps bizarrely to some, will be how many of our 'fans' will give him, Waggot and co. a clean slate in the summer, after we've limped over this season's safety line (with probably 1 or 2 more draws).

"Last season was an anomaly", "give him till Christmas", "we were unlucky with injuries", "what can he do when Arma is sold?".

It'll take another absolutely horrendous run next season for him to face any kind of heat like this again. And I think he knows it, which is why he's just trying to ride it out til May when it'll naturally ease off.

• Like 4

The Venkys know nothing about the game. They've proved that over and over again since buying the club. So if TM's assertion that they watch the games is true they'll no doubt think we are playing well enough but getting no luck. That's what he says in every interview he gives - even the press briefing today - so they're clearly gullible unlike most of us who are heartily sick of the dross being served up on the field and off it when he is asked the questions by the media. Tippy tappy sideways backwards with absolutely no penetration of the opposition. It's not even good to watch. Teams like Man City and Liverpool do similar but then suddenly break free and have the quality to overrun the opposition in no time at all. This big standard group of players don't have that quality. Simples

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The most frustrating aspect for me, perhaps bizarrely to some, will be how many of our 'fans' will give him, Waggot and co. a clean slate in the summer, after we've limped over this season's safety line (with probably 1 or 2 more draws).

"Last season was an anomaly", "give him till Christmas", "we were unlucky with injuries", "what can he do when Arma is sold?".

It'll take another absolutely horrendous run next season for him to face any kind of heat like this again. And I think he knows it, which is why he's just trying to ride it out til May when it'll naturally ease off.

I think you will find when fans are back in the ground, which they should be, it won't take long for Mowbray realise hes not wanted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I disagree.  Hes worse than those two. Coyle never bullshited. Yes he was poor but Mowbray is a downright liar and a fraud. Kean knew he was a wrong 'un but never tried to hide it. This guy speaks with a forked tongue and tries to play the good guy when in fact football wise hes the devil reincarnated 

Kean never tried to hide his bullshitting, remember "not seeing the plane," "99% of fans wanted him to stay" and all of the supposed fan mail he used to receive. The backstabbing video of Big Sam, we could go on.

I judge managers on what is on the pitch, the results, which is why I want Mowbray out, but why he has a way to go to get near those 2 pricks. Coyle's incompetence is in no way excused by his interviews, although I dont think I could stand his shit eating grin long enough to watch them anyway.

I think people are getting more enraged by the nonsense Mowbray is spouting simply because he is being allowed to stay on for so long, but I dont blame him for doing so, and to be honest I bet he genuinely believes that he can turn it down, I certainly dont think he can but I wouldnt just chuck a job in his position either.

He has always been a bit of a bore, people used to eulogise over how interesting he was but I never really saw that, the stuff about style of play and performances is just self preservation. My issue with him is the shite on the pitch, not random sound bites.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, please keep posting your info. No need to leave the messageboard..

Owners need to be results driven based. Performance can be good but doesnt get any points on the board. Results do. Mowbray a manager job is to get results. Simple as. 

He is getting more and delude every day..😡

So an acceptance that the owners are twats and that they need to pull their fingers out of their arse?

• Like 1

Almost spat my drink out reading some of the comments in that last interview. Just shows how he knows he is immune and can basically take the piss. 

Reg Waggot:

“I talk about the games to them, what they saw, they don’t like to lose as I don’t like to lose, but they see the team performing at a level.

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case.

WTF. What fucking level? A bottom of the table form level for the past 4 months? Fucking best mates bleeding the club dry.

So arrogant its unreal. They are both in the same bracket as Kean for me now. 

think we genuinely need a protest outside the ground to get some press. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, benhben said:

Almost spat my drink out reading some of the comments in that last interview. Just shows how he knows he is immune and can basically take the piss. 

Reg Waggot:

“I talk about the games to them, what they saw, they don’t like to lose as I don’t like to lose, but they see the team performing at a level.

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case.

WTF. What fucking level? A bottom of the table form level for the past 4 months? Fucking best mates bleeding the club dry.

So arrogant its unreal. They are both in the same bracket as Kean for me now. 

think we genuinely need a protest outside the ground to get some press. 

I can imagine the press

"stupid , ungrateful little Blackburn Rovers fans don't know how lucky they are" 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can imagine the press

"stupid , ungrateful little Blackburn Rovers fans don't know how lucky they are" 

Press coverage does us no favours. We aren't looked on favourably as a club or a fan base. Not sure why, but there's definitely a vendetta against Rovers. 

We literally need positive reinforcement from a big name in the game like Shearer (who's effectively 25 years removed from the club) to get any sort of support media wise.

Edited by RoverKyle

19 minutes ago, benhben said:

Last time they were promoted Watford had 4 managers in a single season. 

• Like 1

Definitely proved himself on a par with Coyle on and off the pitch.  He over the last 12 months has developed a real tendency for verbal diarrhea like clownpants. On the football side of it equally as confusing and trying a style neither he or his team can make a success of.

Coyle was a liar and ducker and diver though the min he set foot in the place and he began his charade in the transfer market straight away.

Mowbray i think to be fair has been steady away and well meaning but has just gone into self preserving mode worse and worse as time has gone on. Now it seems he'll say anything he can regardless of contradictions and brazen it out.

So he's turned into just as big a twohat as the goon he replaced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because our owners dont give a flying fuck about the club, as has been proven right throughout their time owning us.

He isnt as bad as Coyle or indeed Kean either. We are going backwards, he has long since overstayed his welcome, but he isnt as bad as those 2 and will have to do a lot to get to that stage.

He is easily worse than Coyle and Kean...I dont remember either involved in a development scheme which would kill our academy.. Or winning one in 14..

• Like 6

I’ve come to read Mowbray press releases with a view of who it’s designed to speak to. It not for us it’s for Venkys. Does he speak regularly to them about games. Don’t make me laugh. He is telling them what he’s trying to achieve at that everyone can see how good the performance are. It’s not them telling him they agree. Then he does the good owners stick with managers. Have they said that. No way.

He is appealing to them again for more time that’s my opinion don’t judge on results but performance that’s what good owners do.

Desperate rather than devious and in limbo no reassurances just silence. Even Waggot doesn’t know what’s going on because by any standard he should be gone.

The big question is why. He’s losing matches the fans and the players. I still believe Oldham and Mercer the clocks ticking.

Ps mercer don’t quit there’s not enough of us anyway without losing loyal ones. I for one appreciate your opinions.

• Like 5

Venkys, Waggott, Mowbray , Beetlejiuce from LT and the “ Love in “ fans on Facebook will get what they deserve....Mowbray’s “ journey “ will, one day end......and what will be left?? .......a soulless club, an embarrassment of a team , a descent to League 1 and 2 oblivion , a mountain of debt, a dirty , neglected ground...

....I love my club but I will not be there to pick up the pieces.....I’m at the stage where I now hate him and everything about him .

I’m done because.... I feel helpless and angry in equal measure 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mustard said:

"If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case."

It was 5 on the bounce and now 1 win in 14, Tony...

He's fucking deluded as fuck

He sounds like that character with the flute out of Little Britain "Maybe I will maybe I won't etc". 

Unfortunately Also for his warped logic if managers were only sacked after a run like his, the season would have to be eighty four games long to get through six managers.

He's plainly taking the piss now with his pressers. Either he's absolutely begging to be sacked or he knows he's bulletproof and going nowhere and is deliberately winding people up to show them how secure he is.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’ve come to read Mowbray press releases with a view of who it’s designed to speak to. It not for us it’s for Venkys. Does he speak regularly to them about games. Don’t make me laugh. He is telling them what he’s trying to achieve at that everyone can see how good the performance are. It’s not them telling him they agree. Then he does the good owners stick with managers. Have they said that. No way.

He is appealing to them again for more time that’s my opinion don’t judge on results but performance that’s what good owners do.

Desperate rather than devious and in limbo no reassurances just silence. Even Waggot doesn’t know what’s going on because by any standard he should be gone.

The big question is why. He’s losing matches the fans and the players. I still believe Oldham and Mercer the clocks ticking.

Ps mercer don’t quit there’s not enough of us anyway without losing loyal ones. I for one appreciate your opinions.

This is bang on. They were the noises of an increasingly desperate man. Absolutely no way has he spoken to Venkys about games either that frequently or in that much detail. What a con man. 

He's almost certainly wondering why and how he is still the manager of Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 3