BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

Will be interested in where @oldjamfan1 thinks we now are.

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

No need to retire your strike rate is no worse than a few who claim a bit of ITK on here.

And besides Nixon makes a living off edging his bets.

6 minutes ago, mustard said:

Don't go Mercer, your information, predictions, betting suggestions and the general uproar they tend to cause are part of the reason I keep coming back here.

Agreed.  I am sure the workings are going on in the background, and if your wrong no biggie.  To be honest I think he will be here to the end of the season but I hope I am wrong.  We need to keep communities like this alive, I love coming here to read other folks opinions.  I might not agree with them, but I like knowing what others are feeling.  We win together, we suffer together!  We could even go down together... cheeky!?!?!?!

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

Will be interested in where @oldjamfan1 thinks we now are.

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

Don't hide the post, please could you repost it? 

Really interested who cares what the haters say! 

• Like 2

“They watch the games, we all get disappointed when the final result is a defeat, but they watch the games and if they can see some light, where the team is trying to go, see the journey this team is on then they have to make a call. That’s all.

He actually said that, the fucking journey talk again.

Nope, not having it, he's deliberately winding us up now or daring them to give him the boot.

• Like 1

"If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case."

It was 5 on the bounce and now 1 win in 14, Tony...

He's fucking deluded as fuck

• Like 7

I might need to stop checking this thread for my own sanity.

It genuinely feels like the club are deliberately trying to wind the fans up now. I was speaking to a Chelsea supporting mate earlier, who was aghast that we'd let a manager get to the stage of 1 win in 15 - they'd be on their third manager if they had a run like that!

The whole thing just underlines how far this club has fallen. He should have been marched out months ago, perhaps with a little goodwill and a few fond memories for the fans. As it is now, it's starting to feel very parasitic - he's slowly creeping towards the bald dickhead in my eyes (not sure he'll ever surpass him mind...).

• Like 1

Took one look at his comments, saw 'journey' and 'results orientated owner' (that's a new one)....can't stomach any more. 

I can't believe this is still going on and being dragged out like this. Well I definitely can given the previous ten years, but still....

• Like 1

Its one step short of the Kean era. 

Manager not up to the job yet knows the owners can't or won't sack him

I'm just getting wound up with it now but this is the cycle we get. 3-4 days of silence, let the dust settle then on to the next one. 

If by some miracle we get a result he'll be dining for another few weeks.

3 Coventry stooges out.

Just now, mustard said:

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case"

He actually makes me feel physically ill. 

• Like 2

We have always said that he'll never be as bad as Kean or Coyle and this has been taken as fact. I think it is time to actually compare.

Compared to Kean:

1. No drink-driving lies or agent interference (known that is).

2. Players with family connections signed who are objectively not good enough (Myles Anderson / Aynsley Pears).

3. Results of the team are now worse than at any point then.

4. Odd (ludicrous) statements in the press which seem to defy logic.

5. Mowbray does have a managerial record of some sorts before taking over.

So he's not quite as bad (from a criminal standpoint if nothing else) but it is far closer than you'd at first think.

Compared to Coyle:

1. Previous promotion (Coyle with Burnley, Mowbray with West Brom).

2. Tumbling down the league without any seeming halt.

3. No link to Burnley I suppose.

4. Promotion from League 1 (we cannot know if Coyle would have done the same or not).

I would say that he is on a par with Coyle for utter hopelessness but has the potential to get worse if he keeps up this arrogant 'journey' nonsense. Again, it's worrying how he seems to be in company with the worst managers in our history when you ignore emotion.

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 1

The latest interview says it all.

He's going no where.

All he really needs is 1 win and a couple of draws from the remaining games and he's sorted.

Unbelievable stuff really.

All we can look forward to is selling Arma and Trav in the summer and allowing Nyambe to go to Stoke on a free.

Mowbray can rebuild with Boro cast offs.

• Like 1